Open Palm Strike 60% buff

Monk
Step in the right direction, but i was expecting so much more for our lackluster single target traits
Still not enough it did nothing before gave less damage than the tiger palm trait so 60% of 800? thats what 1250 extra fof damage? if your tripple stack that 3750 extra damage on an ability with a 25 sec cd that deals 27k damage over 3.9 seconds. Unless they buffed the damage off fist of fury as well. I am playing dh right now and Blade dance does 17k damage and its a 8 second cd that makes you dodge all attacks.
its 1,125 damage extra per hit(ilvl 370), not just over the course of the channel so its a significant aoe buff if you stack them (3,375 extra damage per stack just considering single target), also looks like DH blade dance got nerfed
Great.. a damage buff vs non players for 1 trait lol..

I like how they treat DH.. nerf something and buff other things..

WW just gets a big shaft
Honestly just eyeballing, it looks like they over buffed it so that it will be triple stacked (aside from maintaining RA buff in uildir) and provide a large ST and massive AOE damage increase for those that have access to it. I wish I had access to it but I dont.

It was already a solid all around option before this buff tbh.

It will be nerfed by like 30% within a couple weeks I'd guess.

This wont end up falling in line with their design goals

But I still cant understand their refusal to help a dying, flailing spec in pvp so it has zero viability. The fact that they didnt alzo buff it for pvp when fof is such a joke there because anyone can just walk out of it is just mind boggling.

They really are terrified of ww being anywhere near competitive pvp for some reason.
I'm still kind of shocked when they keep making changes, but can't seem to realize that are PvP utility is completely absent at the moment not to mention the long cooldown on paralysis makes us a poor choice for some high level m+ as well. This is helpful to have what might be a best trait again that is actually specific to our class. Certainly for AoE it will be helpful, but it seems they are missing the feedback that our PvP is ailing.
It is NOT extra per hit its all together
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s699/sh/bb69c441-d9d6-41a1-82db-8f23a24c5d0b/45333f57ba26668b

I wrote this earlier. It's not finished yet, but it explains how OPS is calculated..

OPS bonus damage is per tick, which is why we do tooltip value*5 , but the damage is calculated as a whole with FoF.
I just tested this, actually does a lot of damage... pve buff only though pretty stupid.
Archive>MS>Tidal Surge>OPS>rest for ST raiding
I always did want to stack Open Palm Strike for that 5% return in chi. now i have a bit more incentive. 15% chi return seems like that would help things flow just that much better.
09/25/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc

It adds the damage for each hit not all together. Blizzard has had some tooltip issues for some time now.

I agree that they have overbuffed this now. Inc triple stacking. It was already a good trait for cleave fights now its just broken.
im so sick of it Stop Buffing traits as a fix and buff the class instead, traits should not be a massive source of our dps
09/25/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Couchie
09/25/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc

It adds the damage for each hit not all together. Blizzard has had some tooltip issues for some time now.

I agree that they have overbuffed this now. Inc triple stacking. It was already a good trait for cleave fights now its just broken.

for cleave fights better taking 2x open palm and one iron fists.