Message for Alliance in AV

Battlegrounds
Cap ibgy at the start and defend it. Turtling at SHB doesn't work as Alliance, you give up too much of the map plus Horde can just run past.

You guys saying turtle at SHB are bad and causing an auto loss every game.

The map favors Horde but its still winnable if Alliance caps IBGY at the start and holds it, then slowly pushes up
lol..what a lie, you must be a troll horde player in an alliance alt, the only times i had won AV lately is when we turtle at SHB.
09/10/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Ojoverde
lol..what a lie, you must be a troll horde player in an alliance alt, the only times i had won AV lately is when we turtle at SHB.

Wrong.
I've been doing AV on Alliance a lot lately, the SHB turtle strat CAN work (won 2 games with a defensive turtle)... but it requires people to actually respond to incs quickly. ONE mistake and SHGY can get capped while the Alliance team is fighting at SHB, so it's a very hit-or-miss strat and unreliable.

The main issue with the turtle strat is that sooooooo many things can go wrong given how exposed SHGY is (Horde has like 2-3 paths up tp SHGY).

Zerging IBGY at the very start is also risky (the chance of getting wiped is high, cause Horde has the high ground), but at least it forces the Horde to send forces to IBGY/draws them back from the front line.

With a "strictly" defensive turtle strat at SHB/SHGY the Horde is not being pressured at all and they are free to poke at the Ally defense over and over until Alliance makes a mistake/is caught out of position. Once the Horde splits the Ally defenders, its all over.
09/10/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
Cap ibgy at the start and defend it. Turtling at SHB doesn't work as Alliance, you give up too much of the map plus Horde can just run past.

The map favors Horde but its still winnable if Alliance caps IBGY at the start and holds it, then slowly pushes up

AV does not favor horde. My alliance mage is 116-47 in AV LOL.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/zinqf/pvp

The 2 methods of winning are...
1. Trade. Alliance MUST capture and hold SF GY and you must let horde capture and hold SH GY. Then you capture towers and crap all the way to Drek. Alliance win this tradeoff very often.
2. Capture and hold IB GY. This one is a mess and the games take a long time but doing this makes horde turtle BEHIND Iceblood which is where the choke point is. Everything on the horde side of the field is indefensible for the most part so you'll break through if horde is turtling at FW GY/Start point.
OP is correct. This turtling at SH is a complete joke and is ruining AV. People say "it's like old times again" but it was never like this. Check out my vanilla PVP armor for proof of what I'm telling you.

The only thing they changed was the amount of reinforcements. I don't know why people think their entire brain has to fly out the window. Capturing and holding IB has always been key to Alliance winning AV - including in vanilla.

Stopping at SH is a guaranteed loss, every time.
09/10/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Xalea
Stopping at SH is a guaranteed loss, every time.

Running into Galv, or splitting and some running into IB choke is how you lose games...
09/10/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Caîus

The 2 methods of winning are...
1. Trade. Alliance MUST capture and hold SF GY and you must let horde capture and hold SH GY. Then you capture towers and crap all the way to Drek. Alliance win this tradeoff very often.
2. Capture and hold IB GY. This one is a mess and the games take a long time but doing this makes horde turtle BEHIND Iceblood which is where the choke point is. Everything on the horde side of the field is indefensible for the most part so you'll break through if horde is turtling at FW GY/Start point.

#1 Doesn't work since you never get past the natural chokepoint Horde has at IBGY.

Thats why I'm saying you need to rush and cap IBGY early when Horde isn't there then all defend it until it caps.

Once its capped you have much more control of the map

You can get an arbitrarily good AV record on your armory by leaving losing games, which a lot of people do because they get frustrated. So no, what that page shows means nothing.
09/10/2018 11:55 PMPosted by Yarrow

You can get an arbitrarily good AV record on your armory by leaving losing games, which a lot of people do because they get frustrated. So no, what that page shows means nothing.

I think the title probably tells you he is not arbitrarily leaving AV. Alliance won AV most of the time anyway, saying that I can't remember if horde or alliance dominated in classic wow.
Alliance always hit Galvangar at the start of AV because they believe it is best to down him before capping IBGY or IBT.

Galvangar is now more than likely being defended by half the horde team players. The other half of the hordes will contest SHB, SHGY, and SPGY.

Any alliance that dies will spawn at main base. Majority of the time, we will be fighting for SPGY before SHGY. During the time we are fighting for SPGY, the horde would have already stalled us long enough at SPGY, the valley, and they use IWB (choke point) to stall us even more and to ensure they capture SHGY and SHB.

Alliance are now trapped and our only way to really win is luck and/or if our druids/rogues are able to get through the choke point and contest their towers and graveyards. Typically, that doesn't happen because our druids/rogues do not communicate and if something was contested, the player cannot defend it anyways.

This is why, we need to use the NPC to our advantages. Please turn in your armor scraps to upgrade the Alliance NPC and extra 10% armor/10% damage buffs. Turn in storm crystals to summon Ivus the Forest Lord. Go save our wing commanders then turn in medals for the aerie gryffons to help. Collect pelts from the wolves and fill our stables with rams for the cavalry riders. Get the mines and spawn the troops in the field of strife by doing the quest!

No one will do it because it's too much work and they just want to get in, get carried, and get free Conquest Points!

/gg
/sadlife

IoC + SoA games = 332 games
TP + Mines + Gilneas + Temple + Seeting Shore (0) = 17 games

Your experience of AV was the wotlk version. We're talking about BfA, current AV.
Alliance need to boycott Epic bgs to punish the horde and blizzard for their flagrant attempts at favoritism. The rewards that horde get are so unfair while the alliance will get a guaranteed loss.

DO NOT QUEUE EPIC BGS until blizzard fixes their game.
One thing is for certain; alliance is going to lose AV a lot in the coming year if most of the people here are trying to get people to follow them.

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, that you have to do each and every time except this: read and react. See what the enemy team is doing and react accordingly. When you become predictable, you fail.

It's easier than it sounds.
09/11/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Balmoral
I think the title probably tells you he is not arbitrarily leaving AV. Alliance won AV most of the time anyway, saying that I can't remember if horde or alliance dominated in classic wow.

You don't get the Slayer title without avoiding fights you know you can't win. That said, Santyclaws' analysis is better.

In Vanilla, the faction with the population advantage won AV, because they still got reinforcements at 3am when the other faction ran out. Most servers had a larger Alliance population back then, so Alliance won most of the AVs.
09/10/2018 11:55 PMPosted by Yarrow

I don't leave games, played every 2+ hour AV to the end. Played since Vanilla.
09/11/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Santyclaws

IoC + SoA games = 332 games
TP + Mines + Gilneas + Temple + Seeting Shore (0) = 17 games

Your experience of AV was the wotlk version. We're talking about BfA, current AV.

The map hasn't changed.

remember the map was made for the Alliance to win because Blizzard thought you guys wouldn't want to play unless you win, so the map favors the Alliance, even the towers are easier to take than the bunkers.
09/11/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Fluffybop

remember the map was made for the Alliance to win because Blizzard thought you guys wouldn't want to play unless you win, so the map favors the Alliance, even the towers are easier to take than the bunkers.

The two most important places in AV are the IB GY chokepoint and the path from IW Bunker to the North Bridge.
09/11/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Squeektoy
One thing is for certain; alliance is going to lose AV a lot in the coming year if most of the people here are trying to get people to follow them.

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, that you have to do each and every time except this: read and react. See what the enemy team is doing and react accordingly. When you become predictable, you fail.

It's easier than it sounds.

No. Alliance use to win occasionally because Horde would zerg.

If Horde defends they have always had the advantage.

Thats why you need to cap IBGY at the start so they can't defend, theyd have to fall back to their base GY giving you control of IBT
09/10/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
09/10/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Ojoverde

Wrong.

No he's 100% right. SHB is the key, not IBGY.

EDIT: Your logic about IBGY doesn't play out in real life like you think it does. IBGY is EXTREMELY hard to control, and you give up way too much in the process of securing it.