Message for Alliance in AV

Battlegrounds
09/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Líghtnîng
09/10/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou

Wrong.

No he's 100% right. SHB is the key, not IBGY.

I just explained why that doesn't work. Horde can go around and it gives Horde control of the map.
09/11/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
09/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Líghtnîng

No he's 100% right. SHB is the key, not IBGY.

I just explained why that doesn't work. Horde can go around and it gives Horde control of the map.

They both work, and they both don't work. They're both sound strategies, but you have to adjust based on what the Horde do.
09/10/2018 11:55 PMPosted by Yarrow
09/10/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Caîus
AV does not favor horde. My alliance mage is 116-47 in AV LOL.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/zinqf/pvp

You can get an arbitrarily good AV record on your armory by leaving losing games, which a lot of people do because they get frustrated. So no, what that page shows means nothing.

I see Yarrow gets it. Yep they pad those wins by being the first to leave at first signs of trouble. Its either that or they are running premade groups.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
You can get an arbitrarily good AV record on your armory by leaving losing games, which a lot of people do because they get frustrated. So no, what that page shows means nothing.

I see Yarrow gets it. Yep they pad those wins by being the first to leave at first signs of trouble. Its either that or they are running premade groups.

Having people leave games or give up is the #1 reason people lose. If you are losing many of your games, its because you are doing this. You play every one of them to the end. If you don't want to play every game to the end, you are part of the problem.

I've turned countless AVs around with myself or the 2-3 person groups I played with. For people to literally disregard hard evidence and years of wisdom and actual success is blind ignorance at best and toxic cancer at worst.

I solo queued or ran very small (2-3 people) groups for AV.
I did run premades for about 20% of my WSG games.
The key for alliance to win is to make sure the horde reinforments get to zero before theirs does
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think the title probably tells you he is not arbitrarily leaving AV. Alliance won AV most of the time anyway, saying that I can't remember if horde or alliance dominated in classic wow.

Up until late Wrath, Horde was doing extremely well in AV (at least in Retaliation and BG9). Apparently in some battlegroups Horde couldn't understand AV. This toon basically ignored AV from Cata on. 79% win rate with a decent number of games played.

As for the OP, I'm willing to bet that's about right. Although, if your team floated around the area, and kept Bal alive, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. But I've seen plenty of lost games once the fight sets in there.
09/12/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Kalteer
The key for alliance to win is to make sure the horde reinforments get to zero before theirs does

Wrong. I'm just gonna start mercing for alliance and posting results.
First 2 AV games - https://imgur.com/a/I0HfYLO
3rd and 4th AV game - https://imgur.com/a/UAcwQ3M

Currently in queue for random epics, these two wins were using TRADE strat (Where you kill Galv first cap everything and let horde push north uncontested, then you backcap !@#$ to win the tradeoff). Most of the healing was boss healing, I healed people backcapping IW/SH bunkers.

Second game woulda went smoother if there wasn't one toxic alliance spamming "we are gonna lose" and "you are retarded" because we were to kill galv and hit towers, but it still went well because alliance always win the trade. I think the reason why your faction loses this so hard in BFA but not in earlier expansions are because of overall toxicity and bad strats.

Third Game was smooth easy trade scenario. See the scoreboard and the reinforcements? They outgeared alliance but it didn't matter because the strategy was perfect.

Fourth game was smooth trade scenario also. But things got rough when 15+ horde were defending drek'thar and the backcap team were a few too many. It was rough but eventually our forces rezzed at RH GY and were able to end it, notice the scoreboard...they had so many HKs over us. Strategy is so impactful on this map.