DO NOT remove the reputation requirement for allied races

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
It’s poor game design that punishes new players. Remove it.
09/13/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Darthsauron

How are you punished? Transmog punishes you too right? Reptuation and being able to make certain items?

You need to kick and scream harder if this is a punishment.
Player buys new expansion wanting to try out new races. They didn’t play Legion and now need to focus on old content rather than new. They have a life and can not dedicate enough time to do both. It is not rocket science.
Have them all aside from Mag'har since I haven't played Horde as much.
Enjoyed the scenarios, didn't care one bit for the rep grind, felt like it was a cheap way for the devs to waste your time.
09/13/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Warjuggs

How are you punished? Transmog punishes you too right? Reptuation and being able to make certain items?

Holy !@#$ that is the poorest argument ever.
Keep the grind but remove the gating. I’ll deal with a rep grind. I don’t want to deal with three or four weeks of chores where if I miss a day there’s no means of catch-up.
Just got both Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei unlocked 2 days ago. I say remove the stupid gate or lower it to Revered. There was no reason what-so-ever to gate content you are advertising as part of Battle for Azeroth behind Legion content.
09/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Warjuggs
As someone who the content is partially made for (a person who enjoys leveling, reputation grinds and transmog)

I have content to work for in game. I worked for this content, and you should too.

If you continue to get angry over allied races, they will likely be removed as a model and we will go back to having next to zero variety. I'll pass on that.

They will be.
09/13/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Sunday
I have my races. Remove the grind.

I'm not a spoiled child who says other people cant have things because I had to do chores and now you should too.

Races shouldn't be rep gated in the first place.

It's the opposite actually, spoiled is the people demanding they don't have to do any work for them.
I just unlocked these beautiful Mag'har orcs yesterday.

I did not grind the rep repeatedly. i did the weekly IE. i did the emissary.
I sent rep missions when they appeared. i did not clear every WQ just the ones that upgraded gear or gave extra rep.

It took me 3 weeks of just playing the game. you don't have to excessively grind. I leveled 3 other character as well in this process. So acting like you have to spend every second playing the game grinding rep. you don't have to. Just play the game.
09/13/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Bullionaire

I'm not a spoiled child who says other people cant have things because I had to do chores and now you should too.

It's the opposite actually, spoiled is the people demanding they don't have to do any work for them.

Except if you pay attention, which I know can be hard, you'll see more than a few people who have already unlocked them calling for the Rep Grind to be removed.
It wouldn't be so bad if you could *actually* grind it. I don't think i'd mind so much if it wasn't a daily chore that ends up taking weeks to do before you even get any reward from it. As someone with limited playtime, I'd rather not have to devote a block of that time every day to doing old content WQs, which are trivial and give no rewards. It just feels like a huge chore. Not to mention some of those WQs are near impossible due to the sheer number of players all crammed into one area competing over mobs that die in one shot, and have a slow respawn.
I have the 4 Legion reps completed, it wouldn't bother me if they opened those up though the best time to do that would have been at the start of BfA.
A re-skinned <insert race> is not content..... I have unlocked all current AR's and get rid of the rep grind for everyone else. I honestly couldn't careless.
09/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Warjuggs
As someone who the content is partially made for (a person who enjoys leveling, reputation grinds and transmog)

I have content to work for in game. I worked for this content, and you should too.

If you continue to get angry over allied races, they will likely be removed as a model and we will go back to having next to zero variety. I'll pass on that.

Yeah, because this game should be treated as a job where you gotta "work" for character races and go through the leveling process again on them to max level or pay $60 to boost them. This mentality is complete nonsense and I feel sorry for any ill minded individual that thinks this way about this game.

People forget that playing videogames should be for fun, not to work and feel like a job. There is nothing fun about the allied race grind and having to go level them again
09/13/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Warjuggs

transmogs are not vital game content. races are. void and nightborne are in the story. Like blood elves were...no rep lock. Like pandas...no rep lock.

transmogs can also be found in the AH. Got the gold, want to show off those sexy legs assuming an elf (rest of the races can't touch our looks lol) if your thing...go right ahead and spend lots of gold on woolies.

And time in legion is time NOT in bfa. those of who double dip...choose our times sinks. Mine is emissary run (rest done...I see what the daily 24 reset one is), azerite. See if any items better/worth WQ'ing for then back to legion.

Makes this fun times. Get the idiots who go "sthu...you don't even have 7th revered." No crap...I am not spamming them, I am in legion half my time.

Did you do the dungeons yet noob. Nope I am back in legion....damn near begging for a crew to run tomb.

You see in legion...111 and higher can't use the sign ups. Its locked out to us. I can't find a crew easy using other means. At all actually. I am hoping when alliance WF hits 340 minimal gear, reruns for forged....let me solo tomb.

I went back to rep for nightfallen tbh. Has the dungeons and such to run. But I can spam quests for reps till then.

We are punished plowing easy as hell content open world that does not count to need dungeon/raid content the system does support us to run. See I can do the dungeons solo.

Vengeance spec so tank not an issue. Damage grindy sometimes but it works. Non tanky classes...have to hope their dps breaks the dungeon faster than the dungeon breaks them lol. Or wait for help.

Now you will say get friends. have them. They only run BFA. Silly people I know...new raid content and not wanting to go back to legion they ran hundreds of time before.
I am fine with unlocking allied races, I just wish the process were less boring.
09/13/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Lavalight
A re-skinned <insert race> is not content..... I have unlocked all current AR's and get rid of the rep grind for everyone else. I honestly couldn't careless.

This. If they're going to lock races behind rep, at least make it something new.
Why not just lower the requirements to revered? Still a grind but not as much, everyone wins.

This is the mature answer.