Dwarf too young?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I recently started a DID and was wanting to make a backstory for her. I wanted her to be young, perhaps even pre-adult, but for dwarves that's anything younger than 40(According to the wiki that I was reading)

My question is, would my dwarf be considered "under age" if she was aged 20-25? To a human, that's an adult. To a dwarf, it's still an adolescent.

What do you guys think? Do you think it would be alright to roleplay a dwarf that age, or should I just go with a brand new adult by making her 40?
09/14/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Surora
(According to the wiki that I was reading)
That wiki is incorrect. If it's Wowwiki, it's completely incorrect. Never ever ever use that website. Always always always Wowpedia.org.

Dwarves reach adulthood at 18 - 20. Gidwin Goldbraids was a childhood friend of Tarennar Sunstrike, an elf that used to kill undead in the Ghostlands in his youth. Since the elf cannot be older than 18 years, Gidwin should share the elf's age.
09/14/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Cannibal
That wiki is incorrect. If it's Wowwiki, it's completely incorrect. Never ever ever use that website. Always always always Wowpedia.org.

Good to know.
09/14/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Cannibal
Dwarves reach adulthood at 18 - 20.

Alright then, I can work with that. Thanks.
Happy to help!
If it helps any Nimue here was born in year 7 I think I have it, around the end of the Second War I believe. Just before the Dark portal was reopened and closed for good--until BC that is. This would put her at about 26-7 at the time of Legion If I am recalling correctly. While her dad still sees her as young, she really isn't.
I believe as far as we're concerned, most races mature just as fast as humans. The only case I can think of that's different is orcs, which is around 12 that they reach physical maturity.
09/15/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Loranaris
I believe as far as we're concerned, most races mature just as fast as humans. The only case I can think of that's different is orcs, which is around 12 that they reach physical maturity.
Gnomes are another example, as they reach adulthood at some unknown point after 22. At least, they're still considered teenagers at 22.
09/15/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Cannibal
09/15/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Loranaris
Gnomes are another example, as they reach adulthood at some unknown point after 22. At least, they're still considered teenagers at 22.

Oh, I didn't know that! I think generally speaking though most people will be understanding if you use a human-like age. And if nothing else, you can always use the broad "young adult", "adult", and "elder" terms. Though I totally understand the desire to map out their exact age.
09/15/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Loranaris
Oh, I didn't know that! I think generally speaking though most people will be understanding if you use a human-like age. And if nothing else, you can always use the broad "young adult", "adult", and "elder" terms. Though I totally understand the desire to map out their exact age.

I usually go with "young adult". Was thinking about trying an actual number this time around, but there's always the chance there is some lore police out there that will call you out
09/17/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Surora
09/15/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Loranaris

I usually go with "young adult". Was thinking about trying an actual number this time around, but there's always the chance there is some lore police out there that will call you out

Madam, I can guarantee aid in helping you find a right age for your dwarf. Cannibal and I have debated many a year about different things related to Dwarves, Dark Irons, and more.

But where are me manners? I am Raveintis Embermane, Scholar and expert of demons and the nether arts. To answer your question as Cannibal said its fine to have a dwarf follow more human aging as Gidwin does. However on the end spectrum of dwarves ages get a bit harder...

Muradin Bronzebeard was 221 in the third war, accounting for the time past Muradin is currently 234. Muradin is the middle brother of the three Bronzebeard brothers meaning Magni is older. However keep in mind Magni shows no sign of being near the end of his life especially now that he’s crystal hah! But there are mobs named Elder Bronzebeards who have grey hair meaning they are likely older.

Raveintis here is around 500 years old, part of that reason is thanks to warlock life draining to try and keep me youth. I have yet to be called out yet.

If ye need any more aid, I’ll be around to help.
Ah, so you finally did it, took the plunge and made ye'self a real Dark Iron. I am impressed with the look ye picked out, I can see where your sir name derives from now.

Don't let the demon corrupted Dark Iron fool ya lass. I call him out all the time. Even then he is nae wrong. We Dwarves are a hearty and long lived race even without the use of dark magic. Even in our eldest of times we are still as strong and everlasting as the mountain. I myself am well over 500 years old, though to be fair it has not exactly been a natural life. Having spent a great deal of that within the Elemental planes.

On the other side of the spectrum you're dark iron would not be considered too young at those ages. Raventis will be able to confirm this more than I could being I am Wildhammer lineage, but I'd imagine regardless of physical maturity a Dark iron would be seen as an adult earlier simply because of their mentality of survival first. I doubt if parents or children even trust the other fully when growing up. They would be on their own sooner than the other two clans either by choice or have it forced on them once they are old enough to sabotage.