2 rolls at a small chance for 1 370

Horde get...

2 rounds of rare farming
1 quest for a single 370 piece
1 quest for a 340 piece
Unlimited runs for more 340 pieces
2 rolls at a small chance for 1 370

Yup, sounds legit.

1 Roll at a small change for 1 370. Our world boss was not active before.

He is counting 2 rolls because of coin......
09/16/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Hazelrose

First is one thing.

Horde got an extra round of rares.

That isn't first, that is favoritism.

And the next time the Alliance controls Arathi they'll have that same "extra round of rares" that you're whining about the Horde having right now.
09/16/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Radames
So i am an Alliance player and am annoyed by this as it's just another nail in the coffin, but when I think about it it will probably equal itself out.

We both had access to the rares during the first week because it was the first time anyone killed them.

The fact that both Factions had access to them when it launched means that in the long run for people who have been playing since Warfront launch or sooner, it will NEVER equal out. It's also major salt in the wounds for us Alliance players who are on week 3 of the Warfronts and STILL don't have our pseudo-catchup, while Horde was handed a free 370 AND has their pseudo-catchup back already while we Alliance are like, "Okay, we'll just f***ing stand here."

Battle for Azeroth? You probably mean Battle for Faction Balance.
If everybody can farm rares, then what's the point of one side or the other having control of the zone? First week would have required them to flag all Horde characters as having done the rares because there's no special check box for that. That's excess code and a waste of programmer time. Now that it's running, the rare reset can work as intended.
09/16/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Narcissatus
If everybody can farm rares, then what's the point of one side or the other having control of the zone? First week would have required them to flag all Horde characters as having done the rares because there's no special check box for that. That's excess code and a waste of programmer time. Now that it's running, the rare reset can work as intended.

As I was farming rares the first day Warfronts launched, Horde was there right along with me killing and looting.

Now Horde can kill and loot rares again while in control and Alliance can't. If this is how it is going to work then fine BUT Horde should not have been allowed to kill and loot while Alliance was in control.

Either there is Horde bias or every single developer at Blizzard is stupid. Pick one.
09/16/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Momonohime
09/16/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Hazelrose

First is one thing.

Horde got an extra round of rares.

That isn't first, that is favoritism.

And the next time the Alliance controls Arathi they'll have that same "extra round of rares" that you're whining about the Horde having right now.

That is not how math works pal, if it is supposed to be one round of rares for every full cycle, then the Horde will always be one ahead as they now got two rounds of rare in the same cycle. But no, this is not bias, it is just incompetent design and coding. It has to be a bug.
It looks like the start of a cycle is having control. So Alliance started at the start of their cycle. Horde started mid-way in their cycle.

Now, Horde is starting our cycle and Alliance is mid-way through theirs.

In two weeks, Alliance will re-start their cycle, and Horde will be mid-way through, but this time, we would have done our rares and quests (mostly) in the first couple weeks. This will allow us to focus on gathering resources and then doing the WFs.

Basically a cycle is:

First two weeks - Start with control - take two weeks to do the quests and kill rares (including the world boss)
Third week (not a full week; starts on Sunday, ends on Tuesday) - Start turning in resources for rep & AP
Fourth week - War Front available to queue

Alliance started on week 1. Horde started on week 3.
The issue really isn't that the Horde got the Warfronts first. It is with how stupid it is to give the faction that just had exclusive access to farm 340s all day for a week sole access to rares for more 340s. The rares should be open for each side but who is auto flagged, the world boss and the quests should flip.
What is hard to forgive is... You had a bad release for a major game feature, you patch it and get questioned on fairness grounds... And then you go on to release more of that same feature without making sure it won't be perceived as unfair? Come on... That is beyond incompetence, it really is stupidity. It is wanting to lose money. >.<
09/16/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Bublwhopper
Intended or not, this is a flustercuck of the worst kind.
It is literally impossible for both this and the 320 ilvl thing to occur without premeditation or at least the awareness of the development team.

I'm sure they're sitting there laughing about how we'll keep paying to eat crap as the Alliance.
....seriously? Is this true? I'm out of town and sub is up Tues.
Why would anything work?

This expansion is devolving quickly with all the fun new activities bombing out.
09/16/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Yasudra
It looks like the start of a cycle is having control. So Alliance started at the start of their cycle. Horde started mid-way in their cycle.

Now, Horde is starting our cycle and Alliance is mid-way through theirs.

In two weeks, Alliance will re-start their cycle, and Horde will be mid-way through, but this time, we would have done our rares and quests (mostly) in the first couple weeks. This will allow us to focus on gathering resources and then doing the WFs.

Basically a cycle is:

First two weeks - Start with control - take two weeks to do the quests and kill rares (including the world boss)
Third week (not a full week; starts on Sunday, ends on Tuesday) - Start turning in resources for rep & AP
Fourth week - War Front available to queue

Alliance started on week 1. Horde started on week 3.

Yes, that is likely how it is. Still... You and everyone have to admit how bad this looks... You have a game feature already being attacked on fairness grounds and than you compound the issue with more perceived (and true) unfairness...

I have to believe they will artificially reset the Rares during this next half cycle for the alliance...
09/16/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Joyeuse
09/16/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Bublwhopper
Intended or not, this is a flustercuck of the worst kind.
It is literally impossible for both this and the 320 ilvl thing to occur without premeditation or at least the awareness of the development team.

I'm sure they're sitting there laughing about how we'll keep paying to eat crap as the Alliance.

You underestimate bad coding and laziness...
09/16/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Arkh
09/16/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Leenag
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll fix it so we can't get an extra chance for rares when the time comes for Horde to be in control of a new warfront whenever it's released. Bugs are only allowed to benefit the Horde.

That is EXACTLY what they are going to do and they are going to hide behind "We had to fix this bug".

The fact that this is 110% true angers me to an extent bordering hate...
09/16/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Hellebron
Oh no, gonna miss out on all that maybe 340 gear.

Only if you're lucky to get drops. I killed every rare, and got one 340 piece. Some guy was in there at the same time and posted 6 pieces, couple of them were higher than 340.

Another thing that Blizz needs to address is what looks like account bound drop rates. I've seen the same players get drops like water where others get nothing during several runs together.
09/16/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Kimlin

1 Roll at a small change for 1 370. Our world boss was not active before.

They were talking about the roll and bonus roll. Alliance only had one chance to loot it as well.
09/16/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Kenshimoo
First alliance complain about not having the scenario first, now alliance complains about not being able to farm rares that they've had for two weeks in exchange for the scenario.

Is there anything the blues won't complain about? It's a give and take system between the two factions, we'll lose the rares when we get the scenario back. Get over it.

What? We may have had them for 2 weeks but they don't reset weekly. We only killed them once.
Remember when people were telling Alliance to farm rares/world boss and it'll balance out?
Remember when the rares didn't have their weekly reset and neither did the world boss?
Remember when horde got the rares reset?
Remember how nearly every single """bug""" benefits the horde and takes days to be fixed, while the few that don't benefit them are fixed within the day?
Well sure; and then next reset it will be your turn. Maybe if you played both sides you'd be able to do them every reset. I just don't understand affiliating yourself on a personal level with a video game faction.

:v)