Let the chaos ensue.

Arenas
Prev 1 23 24 25 41 Next
09/24/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Daxtrovian
09/24/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Orphanchild

Chill with these totally unreasonable requests.

Whats worse is that they will then proceed to test it like a neanderthal. Not stacking azerite traits, not equiping azerite beyond 340 basic beetch gear and puting combatant gear instead of ICC socket heavy.
And proceed to claim it doesnt work.
Thems the plebs.
I tested and proved mine with a single azerite trait, 340 welfare pleb gear, on a trait that's completely garbage and managed to prove it just fine.

I also got really upset when I realized 80% of the trinkets I had in mind | Blue Dragon, RoO, Tiny abom in a jar are disabled. I still want to try out Scarab Broach and Val'anyr but it seems that most non numeric trinkets are disabled the expansion following them.
09/24/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Mimics
09/23/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Samar
why isnt there a blue post or mvp response to this thread?
09/24/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Jigädots
Cuz yall a bunch a liars.

Numbers don't lie.

Did you even watch the video?

It's fairly clear.

Or are we falling into that sub 80 IQ range again.

The same people

... that blizzard thinks is too stupid to use a vendor.
09/24/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Jenelope
I believe it was mentioned that there is a break point at about 370 ilevel where the gear over takes scaling.

Why go through all this effort to find best in slot old school gear if the set it pretty much obsolete already? I have 365 ilvl and am not even that hard core into the game.
09/24/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Taurenpriest
09/24/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Jenelope
I believe it was mentioned that there is a break point at about 370 ilevel where the gear over takes scaling.

Why go through all this effort to find best in slot old school gear if the set it pretty much obsolete already? I have 365 ilvl and am not even that hard core into the game.
because not all of us are pve scum
Imagine having no idea what damage the AK does in CS:GO or what Roshan gives in DotA2.

That's how bad this gearing situation is in WoW.
09/24/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Ripwotlkwar
09/24/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Taurenpriest

because not all of us are pve scum

I got 90% of it from spamming 2k + 3's for a few hours.
09/24/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Taurenpriest
09/24/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Ripwotlkwar
...because not all of us are pve scum

So thats confirmation of pve scum, got it. I've done the same thing and am at 350ish ilv
09/24/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Ripwotlkwar
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So thats confirmation of pve scum, got it. I've done the same thing and am at 350ish ilv

Doing one mythic + dungeon a week is pretty serious pve. I think I got better luck on rolls then you too, like a 390 ring from the pvp chest.
09/24/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Ripwotlkwar
...So thats confirmation of pve scum, got it. I've done the same thing and am at 350ish ilv
Doing one mythic + dungeon a week is pretty serious pve. I think I got better luck on rolls then you too, like a 395 ring from the pvp chest.
So you did pve and got a benefit in pvp from it.

Scum
...Doing one mythic + dungeon a week is pretty serious pve. I think I got better luck on rolls then you too, like a 395 ring from the pvp chest.
So you did pve and got a benefit in pvp from it.

Scum

If that's your definition of scum, the whole world must be a dark and scary place to you.
09/24/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Taurenpriest
...So you did pve and got a benefit in pvp from it.

Scum
If that's your definition of scum, the whole world must be a dark and scary place to you.
Na, I'm just verifying what I can to make sure those using it are ostracized for abusing unfair advantages gained from inferior content.
<span class="truncated">...</span>If that's your definition of scum, the whole world must be a dark and scary place to you.
Na, I'm just verifying what I can to make sure those using it are ostracized for abusing unfair advantages gained from inferior content.

But following the advice in this thread and using old world gear found outside pvp to gain an unfair advantage from inferior content is ok. Just doing one mythic plus dungeon a week is not ok. Noted.
09/24/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Taurenpriest
...Na, I'm just verifying what I can to make sure those using it are ostracized for abusing unfair advantages gained from inferior content.
But following the advice in this thread and using old world gear found outside pvp to gain an unfair advantage from inferior content is ok. Just doing one mythic plus dungeon a week is not ok. Noted.
I'm not speaking for or against the grey area between Clever use of game mechanics and Exploitation. I simply want to understand how, and possibly why it's working the way it does.
...But following the advice in this thread and using old world gear found outside pvp to gain an unfair advantage from inferior content is ok. Just doing one mythic plus dungeon a week is not ok. Noted.
I'm not speaking for or against the grey area between Clever use of game mechanics and Exploitation. I simply want to understand how, and possibly why it's working the way it does.

Because Blizz forgot about it in their sea of items.

Nobody will get banned.

Nobody will be blacklisted over it.

Not our fault you're slow to adapt. Made my rocket launcher this morning.
<span class="truncated">...</span>I'm not speaking for or against the grey area between Clever use of game mechanics and Exploitation. I simply want to understand how, and possibly why it's working the way it does.

Because Blizz forgot about it in their sea of items.

Nobody will get banned.

Nobody will be blacklisted over it.

Not our fault you're slow to adapt. Made my rocket launcher this morning.
I don't pve, nor have the RNG required to have trait gear, with the proper traits to even utilize this beyond removing trinkets for damage reduction in the first place. I've also run into effectively undocumented disabling of trinkets(no legacy effect mention) Just random decade old wowhead comments on the gear I've tested.

There is no benefit to me to do it in the first place.

Edit: I can confirm a dragonsoul tank trinket for 50% absorb of the hit dealt to reduce you below 50% does work. Might be worth keeping around for whatever the next earth shock or FB ability is.
Lots of great conversation in here.

09/20/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Saltmasterx
oh no.

edit: Tested this and adding a BIG Yikes

Obviously, spec specific, but when I tested to verify many of the traits and how they functioned most (nearly all) were happening before these secondary aura or template buffs. It wasn't a BIG yikes but it was a yikes of moderate proportion.

Fist of Fury: ((5 * 1.2075)* (Agility + MHWDPS * 6) + bonus damage) * .73 * (1+vers)

Like this here where you see bonus damage from azerite traits being done before the template reductions or increases.

I think it's a pretty interesting system.

UPDATE:
Based on peoples testing it seems like the optimal gear setup would be -

Highest iLVL Azerite gear with triple stacked traits.
Low iLVL armor with the most gem sockets possible and most optimal secondary stats for your spec. Also, old world gear with special bonus effects on them.

Highest iLvL azerite wouldn't have changed before or after this scaling, neither would have gems, and old world gear that hasn't been legacy is just oversight and will probably get fixed as they appear. Many items will still proc at a reduced rate until you are 5 levels higher than the item drop and then they're suppose to be inactive. From the conversation in the thread I think everyone is aware of that though. I can't say without a doubt that a low item windwalker would have a higher output than a geared one because we've got scaling in places like stamina, wdps, agility, modifiers based on SEF, etc but I think in this world without pvp templates someone with low gear can still expect to compete with another up until a certain point.

I kind of like that. Removing templates before we even got to see the potential of the system was a mistake in my opinion.

09/23/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Samar
why isnt there a blue post or mvp response to this thread?

Not much to be said about it that could come from any of the MVP's. The only blue response would be to clarify how the system works.
Hey guys!

There are indeed some issues that you guys have pointed out, which are in the process of being hotfixed. These have to do with Azerite gear slots (and gems) not being weighted in the system as much as they should, and bugs with lower level trinkets being usable at max level. As much fun as it is to relive Taunka Time, we will be working on getting these fixed up.

I've raised the cap on this thread so any further specific examples you guys have that haven't already mentioned would be great, as getting this resolved is a high priority at the moment. Thanks for all the examples so far.
Normally I would be condescending and mildly insulting towards our blue, but you get a pass this time.
I want to use death bringers will and have fun.. that was the best trinket they ever put into wow IMO. need more cool trinkets like that