Let the chaos ensue.

Arenas
Prev 1 31 32 33 41 Next
09/24/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/24/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Glaiveglider
Can you give us the formula for how scaling is handled please?

2+2 is 4, minus 1 is 3.

Oh man, you're gonna regret this one after people bring this up 1000+ times to criticize developer communication.
Y'all !@#$%s mad
I’m a little confused, and I must be out of the loop/getting old.

Are we not supposed to be frustrated that PvP gear scaling isn’t clear, and the official response is stick figures and making jokes?
What was the point of beta testing if at 5 weeks into the expansion the azerite traits system is completely busted. Clearly Blizzard were looking at the wrong data if they didnt pick up on it before now. How hard is it to test double and tripple stacking of azerite traits or scaling of traits at moderate ilvl to high ilvl.
09/24/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Arcade
I’m a little confused, and I must be out of the loop/getting old.

Are we not supposed to be frustrated that PvP gear scaling isn’t clear, and the official response is stick figures and making jokes?

Well, they want us to ignore the issue and just gear like we normally would and not pay attention to scaling. However, that is not how the PvP community works. People are taking advantage of the system while others still don't know which pieces are upgraded. The fact that removing your trinkets reduces damage taken is silly.
So, hey- when you're fixing Dragonwrath, can we not break it to have the mount portion be completely unusable like it was for most of legion pvp? As it's still not something that goes in my journal, the characters I have it on would be nice to use it once in a while for some spice.

As for the real issue of scaling here-- look... if you guys can't tell us, I guess that's fine for now- with the caveat that we get some sort of info when this will be fixed. It is blatantly clear at this point that you will do more damage and have to take less healing for using lower ilevel gear, with specific modifiers. While it's neat and all that i could dust off things like the ICC and TBC rep rings and get a small boost off them, there are a variety of wonky effects in this game that will probably be hard to find without taking a major look through tuning passes. I don't think the players should be the ones to do this.

Lastly-- on the subject of memes and communication, big shaq is cool and all, but i really have to raise a point with the whole "medival man opening/closing gates" meme on twitter with regards to PvP scaling/templates.
Templates for people like me with 17 different alt characters in legion were wonderful, because it only took player skill to potentially win. The reason I and several others did Not like them however, is because they were completely uncustomizable, and you had no input on how your stats were alloted. While there was some bad to the system, templates were generally good.

Taking them out entirely and allowing things like trinkets to make a difference again, (while making it easier to keep world pvp in check unlike legion where single trinkets that were effectively pointless to consider for pvp balancing & were massively overtuned for legion's tougher raiding content could entierly win or lose a duel/world fight on their own) -- while a nifty idea, is probably akin to opening pandora's box when coupled with the item level squish we got, allowing several old pesky things to become new problems all over again. The entire issue with the pvp tournament and trinkets would not have been a problem in legion as they flat out did not function outside of ilevel.

Posting things like that meme kinda point to me that you guys missed the point why people would cry out for the loss of templates, after there was (understandible) backlash to them.

Customization is good
Blizzard (effectively) telling you how to play (gearwise from azerite scaling issues/stats on template) is bad.
09/24/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Myracle
Well, they want us to ignore the issue and just gear like we normally would and not pay attention to scaling. However, that is not how the PvP community works. People are taking advantage of the system while others still don't know which pieces are upgraded. The fact that removing your trinkets reduces damage taken is silly.

I mean, a massive number of people play this game, and it has a pile of data driven resources that players use to get better. To me, it seems like it would be a better situation if the gear scaling wasn’t hidden.

I’m usually quite forgiving with this stuff because I’ve enjoyed the game for a long time, and I know they’re trying to make things fun and lighthearted. However, this is bordering annoying.
09/24/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/24/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Aileya
This. If you're not going to help, don't post

If this was the case 90-95% of all forum posts probably wouldn't exist.

09/24/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Steeltrap
ty based yak

np fam. Thank you based Arena forums. Please keep the detailed posts about these things up. It helps us identify issues that come up like this.

I know it doesn't feel good to have these sort of things on live affecting your gameplay but it happens. :( It's hard to find every possible thing before it goes live.
Just in here to say i like these kind of blue responses more than anything, and even having a blue pop up is good. I agree with others aswell as far as actually telling us something, though. A little bit more often would no doubt be more than welcome. At least, in my eyes it is. Others are right though especially in one regard - please tell us if you can, or can't tell us something, and or, if there is going to be possible changes in the future for any and all pvp related changes that won't be covered via hotfix / patchnotes
So non-communication continues to be a thing, and now they can justify it by saying the forums use a lot of memes and have trolls, ok thanks Blizzard. A+ Service.
revert the game to mop, this game's a complete mess lmao
I’d just like to add to the noise and voice my frustration.

Tell us exactly how it works. The confusion and constant contradictions of this system is simply painful.
09/25/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Nexius
09/25/2018 02:02 AMPosted by Ziyizgc
09/25/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Nexius
09/24/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Ythisens
I know it doesn't feel good to have these sort of things on live affecting your gameplay but it happens. :( It's hard to find every possible thing before it goes live.

There are more of us than there are internal testers. It happens. People are angry b/c BFA pushed out too quick. There's always a few things that break though. That armor reduction axe a few years back comes to mind.

Posted by Aileya
This. If you're not going to help, don't post

If this was the case 90-95% of all forum posts probably wouldn't exist.

Yeah you need to post more. Even if just random. Quote messed up, I mean Ythi needs to post more.
I 100% agree bring back templates and disable azerite traits and trinkets in arena! :^)
Does our progress in-game transfer to live when beta is over?
09/24/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Domination
Continue beta testing
Ya know I was wondering why a DH with 74k HP was destroying me in arena.

Thanks for clearing it up.
09/24/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Ythisens
The Arena forums are full of trolls that mean well and are good folks. If you look at what I said and think it was condescending, then you must not come to this neck of the woods very often.
You understand us so well. xD
Some of y’all need to take a step back.

It’s a game, dude.

Just a game.