Dreadwake Mount Complaint

General Discussion
I have game time until 2021, there was no mention at all of a promotion coming, I was dumping all my gold while tokens were low figuring they'd go back to 200k again in the future.

Anyways, I have 0 need for 6 months of game time. If I have time until 2021, why would I spend $98 Canadian for more time?

Why is this system poorly treating already committed customers? I know it's "free" with game time, but I can't justify buying 6 months more gametime when I already have so much.

I am not even asking for the mount for free, I would buy it today with the pet - the issue? It's not for sale. In fact, it says not until 2019 will it be in the in-game shop.

Is there no way for you to look at how much gametime one already has and gift us the mount, or at the very least, put it for sale now if we have over 6 months of game time? I feel pretty shafted right now as this promotion seems to be catered to those who were letting subs run out vs caring about keeping your already existing players. In fact, if you check my account I joined in 2009 and have never missed a single month of game time. And decisions like this leaving me "left out" further push me away from Blizzard and make me no longer want to stick around.
09/20/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Xiata
Anyways, I have 0 need for 6 months of game time. If I have time until 2021, why would I spend $98 Canadian for more time?

Nobody is making you do that. As a fellow Canadian, I'm going to simply wait for it to show up on the Blizz shop in 2019.

Is there no way for you to look at how much gametime one already has and gift us the mount, or at the very least, put it for sale now if we have over 6 months of game time?

Nope. The promotion is for adding 180 days of game time to your account via the bundle. They included people who purchased a block of 180 days of game time in the past month and those who were already on a 6-month subscription.
if you check my account I joined in 2009 and have never missed a single month of game time.

Why folks feel the need to bring this up? Blizz isn't going to bend over backwards and do what you say because you been here long. No one will give you the mount because it's part of a promo. You can live without this month, you're not going to die if you don't get it.
If you don't feel the need to buy more game time, never fret, the mount will be sold as a stand alone from the current promotion, at a yet to be announced date. Sadly, the only game time that counts is a 6 month block of game time, tokens don't count.
Why are people having such a hard time understanding this. It is a promotion, those usually aren't done with warning. It is a promotion to help sell six month subs. The promotion isn't for how much time someone has played, or how much time someone has purchased previously, it isn't for having a sub without letting it lapse. It is a specific promotion for the six month sub package.

They have already announced that this mount will be available sometime in 2019. So you can get it then if you really want it and can't get it now. No one is punishing anyone.
there was no mention at all of a promotion coming
There never is, and this isn't unique to Blizzard or this particular promotion.

Why is this system poorly treating already committed customers?
You aren't being treated poorly. The promotion is for customers who purchased a six-month chunk of game time. As you are a player that has exchanged a large amount of in-game gold for a number of 30-day chunks of game time, you do not qualify for this particular promotion. You are complaining that Blizzard is not rewarding your vast amount of free game time with a free mount.

I am not even asking for the mount for free, I would buy it today with the pet - the issue? It's not for sale. In fact, it says not until 2019 will it be in the in-game shop.
So I guess you wait until sometime in 2019 to purchase it from the shop.
It's shocking just how many people lack an understanding that paying for WoW with gold is just as financially valid for Blizzard as paying for WoW directly with money.

OP, you have my support in this complaint. Even more frustrating is that the splash page literally says "When you buy 180 days of game time", which means the only thing punishing those like you or me is the fact we didn't do it exactly as they wanted us to do it.

It's entirely a semantics argument, which is alienating to those of us that fulfill the spirit of the offer. As you say, it's currently pushing me away from the recent positive feelings I had with this expansion. I was feeling the piratey hype and even had a pirate Tmog, but by the time I could obtain the mount via other methods (not that I didn't already earn it, by the spirit of the promotion), it will be much less socially exciting to indulge in.
If you have so many tokens, just turn them into money and buy the ship later. If you absolutely need it right now- well, fork over the cash.
09/20/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Kozzae
If you don't feel the need to buy more game time, never fret, the mount will be sold as a stand alone from the current promotion, at a yet to be announced date. Sadly, the only game time that counts is a 6 month block of game time, tokens don't count.

Could you buy 6 tokens, convert them to Blizzstore credit and then use that credit to buy the 6 month block?

I have four accounts currently two months into 6-month subs, but no mount for me. Blizz doesn't care about true loyalists, just temporal conditions (aka Ion needs people to resub and spend big $ before the end of the quarter).
This sounds like a hack or something but if you had converted all the tokens to balance and then bought the six month sub with the balance you would have saved a tiny bit of money and could still be set for several years.

09/20/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Laserpickles

I have four accounts currently two months into 6-month subs, but no mount for me. Blizz doesn't care about true loyalists, just temporal conditions (aka Ion needs people to resub and spend big $ before the end of the quarter).

I'm on a recurring 6 month sub and it renewed back in July or August and I got the mount.
It can in fact work that way, which makes it even more frustrating for people like us. You can just as easily use the tokens for Bnet Balance and buy those bundles through that method. In my case, it saves a whole $5 and some change. La-dee-dah, right? So if I had been penny penching over the matter, I could have earned the mount. Instead, despite fulfilling the spirit of this promotion, I have not been allowed to ACTUALLY earn the mount.
09/20/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Melaroi
This sounds like a hack or something but if you had converted all the tokens to balance and then bought the six month sub with the balance you would have saved a tiny bit of money and could still be set for several years.

09/20/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Laserpickles

I'm on a recurring 6 month sub and it renewed back in July or August and I got the mount.

Keyword = recurring

My main account was subbed 'til 2021 three years back, too, but it doesn't matter. The conditional of recurring was thrown in there to pooch many of us. It forces us to pay another $25 (or whatever) next year or just ignore it.
09/20/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Sifu

Could you buy 6 tokens, convert them to Blizzstore credit and then use that credit to buy the 6 month block?

99% sure yes.
09/20/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Sifu

Yes you can do that as long as you don't live somewhere that has restrictions on turning tokens into Bnet Balance. That is actually cheaper than applying each token for 6 months. The 180 day package provides a discount.
Tokens don't require a subscription. It's a subscription based promotion, therefore, tokens won't work I don't think (could be wrong)
09/20/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Tobias
It's shocking just how many people lack an understanding that paying for WoW with gold is just as financially valid for Blizzard as paying for WoW directly with money.
Moreso, in fact, since someone paid $20 for that token. Someone other than you. So you are upset that you exchanged a bunch of in-game gold for free game time, and Blizzard won't reward you with a free mount. Reward you for what exactly? You've done nothing to contribute to their bottom line. The person that paid $20 apiece for those tokens you bought in-game has a more legitimate claim to that free mount than you do.

If you want the mount, you have two options:

• 1) Wait for it to go on sale in the shop next year, or
  • 2) Buy the 180-day block of time from the shop before October 21.
  •  
    If you go with the second option, you can either pay with cash or use more tokens to convert gold to Blizzard balance, in which case you still get it for free.

Edit - to correct the promotion's end date.
    09/20/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Pandal
    Tokens don't require a subscription. It's a subscription based promotion, therefore, tokens won't work I don't think (could be wrong)
    Only 6-month subscriptions active as of 12:01am PDT Wednesday morning. If you're activating that subscription now, you're still not going to be eligible for the promotion.

And no, tokens cannot be used to fund a recurring subscription. But they can be converted to Blizzard balance, which can be used to buy game time from the shop. And anybody buying the 180-day game time option before October 21 is eligible for the promotion.
    <span class="truncated">...</span>

If you're account is on the actual 6 month sub then you get the mount. It appears in the Gifts area. If you're saying you have 6 months of time in game time cards, or tokens or something like that then you don't get it. Its all in the blog post and is very clear.
    I have a 180-day chunk, as I typically try to buy in 180-day subs anyway. I'm still not eligible for the mount as well, and I think it's a little unfair for those of us who have long subscriptions (mines ends in 2020).

Wouldn't it be better if they made it so that if you have 6 months or more already paid time, you should be eligible?

Edit: I also don't like this "You can buy it later" talk. Some people got it for free. I think those with preexisting subs should also be eligible.