Best BM Hunter Pet

Hunter
09/22/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Gnashan
And as I'm sitting here right now testing it, Froststorm also appears to invoke some rather idiotic behavior in my pet where it comes back to where I'm standing before it starts casting.

I was having that problem as well when I first started testing. I found out that you need to be attacking the dummy for the Chimera to actually stay on the target while channeling Froststorm Breath.
Scalehide, until you tame a Clefthoof (BM) or a Core Hound (BM).

For MM and SV, any ferocity pet until you can tame a scalehide.

The rest to taste. It's just that simple.
09/21/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Clamgar
"All pets now do the same damage."
"Because no pet does more damage than others. "

One pet has a damage ability that the others don't, huh, seems like that pet does more damage than the others.

Pet A and Pet B do the same baseline damage, but pet B has an extra damaging ability, who does more damage? Pet B.

The point is missed, it does do more damage - because it is the only pet with an ability other than the toggled 'basic' attack that does damage. No other pet has an ability like Froststorm Breath. Froststorm Breath is an activated ability that does damage, no other pet has this to my knowledge.

--------------------------

As for Dandelo, I never said your pet's damage lifesteals for you. That is why your pet has it's 15%, and you your 10%. I also didn't say lifesteal was better than the dispel, I'd ask you to quote me on that. I said it was better than the defenses of the other pet.

"I've found the lifesteal of Ferocity to easily beat the increased life, damage reduction cooldown, and spirit mend heal - the lifesteal just seems to grant me way more suitability and healing."

I don't see dispel there.

"Sooo much wrong info in the OP."
Yet you don't mention any of it.
You bring up pet damage, that I've already explained.
Then you disagree with my opinions, info is based on facts, not opinions. Its fine if you don't agree with me, but I posted no factually incorrect statements there.
----------------

"Do you honestly think that if one single pet did more damage than all the rest, you wouldn't see every BM hunter in the game running around with that pet?"

That was my question, why not? If I has to guess I'd say cause I image they find the activatable defenses and dispel to be more valuable than damage.

You're talking pet lifesteal? Are you talking about world questing or something? Pets don't deal more damage than one another...whatever you tested is wrong. Idk what to tell you...honestly I'm having trouble even trying to comprehend the point you are attempting to make in the second post. What you posted was wrong. If you like it, good for you. If you are talking about making your pet tankier...then yeah ferocity is better, but frankly, no one cares about open world questing, and if you were talking about leveling, that's on you for not clarifying.
Dandelo - I can see that you don't understand, and I honestly don't have a clue what you are responding to. Now we are talking about world quests? What? Who brought that up? Same with questing, etc? I even gave direct quotes of yours to what I responded to, very clear, very easy to read and understand. I can't say the same for your comment here, where you fail to give any context or make any sense.

" Pets don't deal more damage than one another"
In regards to auto attacks, yes
In regards to the defult "bite ability", yes

In regards to this pet having an extra damaging ability to use, that is what I wanted tested out and tried, as I saw good results with it.

The rest of your post is nonsense, you bring up topics I never mentioned, and seem to talk about things that aren't related to the point at hand. This is on you my friend.
09/26/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Clamgar
Dandelo - I can see that you don't understand, and I honestly don't have a clue what you are responding to. Now we are talking about world quests? What? Who brought that up? Same with questing, etc? I even gave direct quotes of yours to what I responded to, very clear, very easy to read and understand. I can't say the same for your comment here, where you fail to give any context or make any sense.

" Pets don't deal more damage than one another"
In regards to auto attacks, yes
In regards to the defult "bite ability", yes

In regards to this pet having an extra damaging ability to use, that is what I wanted tested out and tried, as I saw good results with it.

The rest of your post is nonsense, you bring up topics I never mentioned, and seem to talk about things that aren't related to the point at hand. This is on you my friend.

lmao that "damage ability" doesn't add extra dps. It's all normalized out with pet attacks. That's fine, you want to live in this dream world where your pets do more damage, then that's up to you. For anyone looking for factually correct information: Pets all deal the same normalized damage.
Too much thought put into alot of this post.

Spirit Beast = Raids, Dungeons
Clefthoof = Questing, Solo content, rare bosses

This is really all you need for pve
Dandelo - Once again, ignoring my point regarding damage, maybe you should try reading more clearly, sad. Attempted smugness does not make you right. "normalized" damage, you mean auto attacks? The bite ability? cause in my message that you quoted, I agreed with that.

Chosen - It's good to think.
11/11/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Clamgar
Dandelo - Once again, ignoring my point regarding damage, maybe you should try reading more clearly, sad. Attempted smugness does not make you right. "normalized" damage, you mean auto attacks? The bite ability? cause in my message that you quoted, I agreed with that.

Hate to break it to you but you're not a super special snowflake who outsmarted literally all other Hunters just by reading a tooltip.

This stuff has already been thoroughly tested, pet channeled abilities (There's more than one, the Worm works exactly like that) are a net dps loss. Why? Because they're channeled, during the time that the pet is channeling it's not doing Autos or Bites. For it to be better it would need to do more damage than these things, it does not do that. It's entirely a flavor ability.

Not only is it a dps loss at a baseline level, but Frenzy stacks and Aspect of the Beast push it even further towards regular Autos and Bite.

Now, you're right on that there's pets with "higher dps". Cats first attack when they come out of stealth deal a marginal amount of bonus damage. Silithids higher speed means that if you're changing targets often, they are getting a couple more Autos in. Overall however, utility is much much more valuable than a marginal dps increase.
09/21/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Clamgar
"All pets now do the same damage."
"Because no pet does more damage than others. "

One pet has a damage ability that the others don't, huh, seems like that pet does more damage than the others.

Pet A and Pet B do the same baseline damage, but pet B has an extra damaging ability, who does more damage? Pet B.

I haven't tested it out this xpac, but did last xpac:
When you cast that special ability, it uses the pet focus and stops the other pet attacks. I was specifically testing with Chimaeras and found it's DPS to be lower.
11/11/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Clamgar

Bite is a basic attack, not an auto attack. I think this where your confused. When your chimera does his Frost breath or whatever he is missing out on auto attack damage which is affected by Frenzy and “Frost breath or whatever” is not affected by frenzy.
09/22/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Thalydreu
09/21/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Dac
Spore bat

you gotta post the video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

Hehe hehe
Poor OP :/