So, are we going to make Marks viable?

Arenas
Since BM got overnerfed, can we make marks viable?
09/22/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Djklipto
Since BM got overnerfed, can we make marks viable?
naw this is what they wanted. Make mm garbage do nothing but blanket nerf bm. Now its survival or bust. Which most hunters are not gonna do
How much is ryutiz paying people to make MM threads? Just curious if I can get in on this

Edit: MM needs so much help I don't think its even possible without a rework at this point
Nobody's encouraging me to say this. I just feel bad for those who can't actually play the spec they enjoy.
Instead of just flat nerfing the pet damage why not just lower pet damage all around for the class and put the damage into hunter abilities. Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Crows, Chimaera Shot.

But as usual a spec is guttered because slack jawed kids on the forums.
09/22/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Carthyb
Instead of just flat nerfing the pet damage why not just lower pet damage all around for the class and put the damage into hunter abilities. Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Crows, Chimaera Shot.

But as usual a spec is guttered because slack jawed kids on the forums.
what we all wanted but na. blizz just gives it a flat nerf
Doesn't the Marks pet do more damage than the BM pet now with it getting a...

10% nerf, a 30% nerf, another 18% nerf, and a 5% nerf on your damage CD

all in a row? Remember all these nerfs are for the BM pet only, Marks/Survival pets don't have these nerfs.
I've always wanted to make a hunter, I even boosted one with my legion or wod class thingy for buying the expansion. Still haven't played it.

Really want to though. But, when I think of hunter spec I want to play, I don't think of BM. Never have.

BM hunters, Beastial Wrath used to make you immune to stuns for its duration. For this I will never forgive you.
09/22/2018 02:21 AMPosted by Vãrick
BM hunters, Beastial Wrath used to make you immune to stuns for its duration. For this I will never forgive you.

Now it gives fear and horror immunity instead for its 15 second duration but apparently I'm the only one who has an issue with that mongo talent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
09/22/2018 01:49 AMPosted by Lightvoìd
Doesn't the Marks pet do more damage than the BM pet now with it getting a...

10% nerf, a 30% nerf, another 18% nerf, and a 5% nerf on your damage CD

all in a row? Remember all these nerfs are for the BM pet only, Marks/Survival pets don't have these nerfs.

no. mm pet is 10%~ damage in best case scenario.
To make marks viable all they'd have to do is take scatter shot off of trap dr, and drastically up the proc rate on Lock and Load.

Maybe instead of upping the proc rate on Lock and Load, they could just drastically reduce the cast time of aimed shot instead. Either/or, marks needs to actually be able to get out a lot of aimed shots.

Also, having a charge mechanic on aimed shot is really stupid and needs to be removed, but that isn't pvp-specific.
MM needs help but at least you have a viable spec within your class.

Warlock and DK currently do not. Those two need more help currently which is why they were specifically mentioned. Number tuning alone wont fix DK / Lock.
09/22/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Frauste

Warlock and DK currently do not. Those two need more help currently which is why they were specifically mentioned. Number tuning alone wont fix DK / Lock.

Do you try to 1 up your friends when they vent to you about their problems? Because what does warlock and dk sucking have to do with mm being garbage too?

Lower the cast time of aimed shot and baseline the legendary gloves into the spec. Make scatter not on trap dr
TBH if scatter was off Dr with traps mm would be very dangerous
I'm still convinced that most hunters complaining about the pet damage nerf don't use spirit beasts in PvP. Pet damage ability (Claw, et al) and pet autoattack using a SB amount to -very roughly- 10% each of my PvP damage at the time of this post. "Pet damage" nerfs don't affect Kill Command at all; overall, I don't see another 18%$ pet damage nerf suddenly gutting a spec that's as strong as BM.

All that said, MM needs a complete rework for both PvP and PvE. I'm hoping that's coming with 8.1, along with spriest.
09/22/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Rhevaliari
I'm still convinced that most hunters complaining about the pet damage nerf don't use spirit beasts in PvP. Pet damage ability (Claw, et al) and pet autoattack using a SB amount to -very roughly- 10% each of my PvP damage at the time of this post. "Pet damage" nerfs don't affect Kill Command at all; overall, I don't see another 18%$ pet damage nerf suddenly gutting a spec that's as strong as BM.

All that said, MM needs a complete rework for both PvP and PvE. I'm hoping that's coming with 8.1, along with spriest.

Using a spirit beast has nothing to do with how much damage your pet does. And you definitely want to be using something with masters call in most of your comps. Not sure about your point there.

And it is actually pretty unclear what they intend to nerf based on the text. Kill command and stomp comes from the hunters pet, so there’s a good chance that those abilities are reduced too. They didn’t actually specify.
09/22/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Ariahnessa
09/22/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Frauste

Do you try to 1 up your friends when they vent to you about their problems? Because what does warlock and dk sucking have to do with mm being garbage too?

Lower the cast time of aimed shot and baseline the legendary gloves into the spec. Make scatter not on trap dr

zIt's nt about one upping.

It'sabout time / resource management on the development side.

Class A and B currently have no option to pvp at any level decently. Class C has 2 viable specs but one bad one.

You don't have time to tune / bring up all specs of every class so you prioritize.

Class ! an B should get more immediate attention because they cannot even participate.
09/22/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Laoghaire

Now it gives fear and horror immunity instead for its 15 second duration but apparently I'm the only one who has an issue with that mongo talent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
since they've been nerfed repeatedly no thats not an issue
09/22/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Laoghaire

That's not baseline, it requires a pvp talent.
Yea, id love to be able to use marks of honor for gear!