With allied races and heritage armour being introduced, leveling needs to be addressed

General Discussion
The very presence of this new content/features really should be a slap in the face to Blizzard to FIX LEVELING! I'm talking from 20-120, and 1-120. Leveling should not look like a sin graph in terms of pace and ease. It should either be flat, or a constant incline.

That's not really the point though, the point is that it just isn't much fun anymore. It doesn't feel rewarding and it doesn't make me feel accomplished. All it feels like is a slog. Can we please get some sort of response to address this major problem with the game? Have you given up on the new player experience? Even veteran players suffer from this, possibly even more due to the sheer amount of alts people level, and ESPECIALLY with the new allied races and heritage armour as incentives.
I thought Blizzard stated new armor for old races just required a max level + exalted with your race.
09/22/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Azraia
I thought Blizzard stated new armor for old races just required a max level + exalted with your race.

They did. Only allied races require lvling for the heritage armor
It took me 6 days played to get to 120 with no looms and reading every quest. That is completely normal for 99% of mmos for pace

People are just mad they can’t hit max in 48 hours. Buy a boost if you want to skip the world they created
09/23/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Glumrot
It took me 6 days played to get to 120 with no looms and reading every quest. That is completely normal for 99% of mmos for pace

People are just mad they can’t hit max in 48 hours. Buy a boost if you want to skip the world they created

Leveling is pretty unbalanced, though. Time investment aside, 90-100 is much more difficult than 100-110 for no reason. I went from having to keep up earth shield and healing in-combat when engaging draenor mobs to two-shotting legion mobs on my shaman. The contradt is really stark.

Also, 60-80 is apprently a huge drag, but I haven’t done that since the squish.
09/22/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Envenomus
should be a slap in the face to Blizzard to FIX LEVELING!

Are you kidding? They just fixed leveling! Patch 7.2.5 I think -- whatever the patch was in January -- made HUGE improvements to leveling.

Before: to find "my level" quests, I could choose 2 zones and 4 or 5 quest hubs.
New: to find "my level" quests, I could choose 20 zones and 40 to 50 quest hubs.

That is huge! I leveled 5 healers (1-120 and 20-120) after the changes, and never repeated a quest! Never! And there were tons of quest hubs I never visited!

There were many, many other improvements at the same time. "Fix" what?
SLAP IN THE FACE!
The very presence of this new content/features really should be a slap in the face to Blizzard to FIX LEVELING!.

in before the obligatory slap in the fa....

oh nevermind
It doesn't feel rewarding and it doesn't make me feel accomplished.

Blizzard is not responsible for "how you feel". They have no control over that.

You are probably a veteran -- an experience player. NO normal person feels just as excited their 5th year as they did their 1st year. NO normal person feels just as good about leveling their 2d or 3d or 10th alt as their first character.

That's human nature. That's you. Blizzard cannot change that.

Your insane if you think 6 days with no looms is worth it when you can farm 4 wow tokens for a boost in 2 days or less
Done it twice for heritage armor working on my third. The devs "fixed" it on the same patch the first allied races came in with the pre-orders.

Prior to that i had leveled a druid, the contrast is night and day. It was not an improvement. A choice was made to increase time played, this is separate from the level scaling, you can have zones scaling with out affecting the xp gain per hour. They even took it a step farther, lower xp/activity and increased xp required for each level..... They wanted the time played increased, only possible explanation.

Since the design goal is longer time played the new system works for the devs, even if it sucks for us
Late 60s and ealry 70’s have been the only times it’s felt slow. Changing zones fixed that problem for the most part.

90-100 has been like a rocketsled. I just completed the quest line in Shadowmoon Valley and I’m a hair away from 97. One zone down and I’m already almost ready to go to Legion.
It doesn't feel rewarding and it doesn't make me feel accomplished.

Blizzard is not responsible for "how you feel". They have no control over that.

You are probably a veteran -- an experience player. NO normal person feels just as excited their 5th year as they did their 1st year. NO normal person feels just as good about leveling their 2d or 3d or 10th alt as their first character.

That's human nature. That's you. Blizzard cannot change that.

I disagree with this. I've been around since Vanilla and have never disliked leveling until the leveling changes hit. I especially dislike having less abilities/options on each class that I play. Like buffs from paladins(in each spec) and druids, shaman totems, to name a few, and don't get me started on the GCD changes. All of this however is just my opinion.

Also, Blizzard should care "how we feel" about a video game...because if you don't feel good playing it, why would you? :O
Levelling is fixed now. It was way too fast and easy before the changes, even without heirlooms. It's actually fun now.

That said, not everyone is into levelling, so options like heirlooms or XP potions should be available.

For heritage armor though, it makes sense that base levelling is required for allied races.
09/23/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Kickyoface

Your insane if you think 6 days with no looms is worth it when you can farm 4 wow tokens for a boost in 2 days or less

It is if those six days are fun

Leveling is pretty unbalanced, though. Time investment aside, 90-100 is much more difficult than 100-110 for no reason. I went from having to keep up earth shield and healing in-combat when engaging draenor mobs to two-shotting legion mobs on my shaman. The contradt is really stark.

Also, 60-80 is apprently a huge drag, but I haven’t done that since the squish.

Currently on the back end of that part (level 75 right now), can confirm that 60-80 feels horrible and seemingly takes forever. I got my Demon Hunter from 98 up to max way faster than I've gained just these 15 levels.
09/23/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Kickyoface

I guess I'm just bad at making gold, because I don't get this type of income. How on Earth do you guys manage it?
The base starting level should start at 60 or maybe even 80. It's absolute trash game design you get the last of your spells at 80 and go 40 levels with nothing.
heritage armor should come from the unlock scenario or be given every 10-15 levels.
Warfronts, Warmode WQ, and Random world boss spawns should bring relevancy to old world zones. There could be Azerite WQ's through azeroth not just the new zones.
09/23/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Ameghan
Levelling is fixed now. It was way too fast and easy before the changes, even without heirlooms. It's actually fun now.

That said, not everyone is into levelling, so options like heirlooms or XP potions should be available.

For heritage armor though, it makes sense that base levelling is required for allied races.
Leveling is fine-ish, right now. However some of us have leveled entirely too many alts to find yet another one appealing. I think a new type of usable item purchased from loom vendor that will buff the exp gain from looms would be nice. 10%, 20% and 30%. Make 'em pricey, i dont even care.

I 100% love the fact I can go thru an entire zone from start to finish and not have gray quests. That's brilliant. I just dont care to spend an hour a level. :/
09/23/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Weathervane
09/23/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Ameghan

Leveling is fine-ish, right now. However some of us have leveled entirely too many alts to find yet another one appealing. I think a new type of usable item purchased from loom vendor that will buff the exp gain from looms would be nice. 10%, 20% and 30%. Make 'em pricey, i dont even care.

I 100% love the fact I can go thru an entire zone from start to finish and not have gray quests. That's brilliant. I just dont care to spend an hour a level. :/

That's what I was thinking. Items to boost the effect of heirlooms are good for everyone. I get to have fun with base levelling, you get faster and easier levelling with heirloom boosts.