Hunter or rogue?

Hunter
Hey guys! I think I’m finally close to actually deciding a main and have it down to hunter or rogue. I really like 2 out of 3 specs of each class and the 3rd is ok enough to play if needed. I plan to raid, do warmode along with other world content, and arena. Don’t have a preference between melee and range dps. Just wanna know pros and cons of hunter so I can try to make a decision! Anyone have any ideas Of something i can do to decide?
you can't go wrong with a rogue. Always going to be good in pvp and pve.

Hunter is like a rollercoaster, huge ups and huge downs, but the class has a lot of interesting perks to it to help with those downs.

Also, rogue is the only class i feel that hasn't been affected by the ability prune.
You have a rogue higher than I do, but I'm going to say Rogue as well.
If you're choosing between X and Rogue, the answer is always going to be Rogue.
why pick rogue though?
Rogue. Better dmg, better survivability, more reliable cc, better control, no wonky pet to worry about, ability to isolate a target via smokebomb, etc etc
You can't go wrong with either
I played a Rogue in Legion since BM was so bad, they're always going to get nerfed, ppl just cannot handle getting stun locked and burned down from 100 to 0 in a few GCDs. So stay way from Rogues if you enjoy your sanity. It is the one class that every other class mutually hates and always gets whacked if there is any sign of OP'ness, or enjoyment.
I have mained both. The truth is that a hunter is a ranged rogue.

Stealth = Camo
Sprint = Aspect of the cheetah
Both have self healing that is pretty poor.
Both are experts at control.
Both can drop aggro in a second, though vanish puts you into stealth (when it works) and feign death just drops aggro (it usually works).
Both have three dps specs so usually one of the specs is doing well.
Hunters have a dot called "Pet;" Rogues have a dot called "bleed" or "poison."

They are actually very similar in theory.

That said, rogue is harder to play and being in melee just makes it that much more challenging, especially so far in this expac.

Rogues are terrible soloers, whereas hunter is the best in the game.

Hunters do have pets with all of the pluses and minuses.

Rogues DW and I think leather has always looked better than mail in this game.

So, in the end, play what you like.
09/24/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Thankyjack

Stealth = Camo
Both can drop aggro in a second, though vanish puts you into stealth (when it works) and feign death just drops aggro (it usually works).

That said, rogue is harder to play and being in melee just makes it that much more challenging, especially so far in this expac.

stealth-camo? next time a warrior is on me Ill camo and go heal to full health right?
If you want to always have a raid spot, roll rogue. It's the one melee raid teams will always want.

Also, Sub rogue on Mythic Zul btw.
All boss damage btw.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#boss=2145
alot of people seem to be aiming toward rogue is it because cloak is so much better than turtle shell? its not that i mind being melee, but certain mechanics like blood in uldir is such a pain as melee its why i was considering swapping to ranged.
One huge advantage Rogue's will always have: initiative.

For PvP, in 99% of circumstances, you decide the first move.
Considering hunters have been nerfed in almost every single hotfix so far, id go rouge blizz has a massive hard on for rogue so far in bfa (both PvP and pve)
09/25/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Xesty
Considering hunters have been nerfed in almost every single hotfix so far, id go rouge blizz has a massive hard on for rogue so far in bfa (both PvP and pve)

idc about numbers as much as utility survivability and fun.
09/25/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Trick
09/25/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Xesty

idc about numbers as much as utility survivability and fun.

Rogue has better utility and survivability, and fun is subjective so can't help there.
09/25/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Trick
alot of people seem to be aiming toward rogue is it because cloak is so much better than turtle shell? its not that i mind being melee, but certain mechanics like blood in uldir is such a pain as melee its why i was considering swapping to ranged.

I don't currently raid or anything right now due to new babies in the house, but I find Hunter wayyyyyy easier than Rogue in dealing with mechanics.

To me this class is stress free... dance around mechanics while your pet attacks and fire off your instant attacks. *wipes hands on pants*
09/24/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Ruffiaann
09/24/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Thankyjack

Stealth = Camo

stealth-camo? next time a warrior is on me Ill camo and go heal to full health right?

Another reason why night elves are better than blood elves. Shadowmeld, camo and heal to full. Problem solved.
09/24/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Pricefield
If you want to always have a raid spot, roll rogue. It's the one melee raid teams will always want.

Also, Sub rogue on Mythic Zul btw.
All boss damage btw.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#boss=2145

Method had 3 BM hunters and 0 rogues in their Mythic G'Huun world first kill. Limit had 2 BM hunters and 0 Rogues. Rogues are great, but for raiding ranged is always wanted over melee and that is especially true so far this expac.
09/23/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Trick
why pick rogue though?

Legit, rogues are always in a good spot. They might have a bad patch every once in a while but they are usually better off then most classes every expansion.