Warmode = 10% Handout.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
I find the 10% bonus stupid. World pvp isn't balanced. Pvp isn't balanced. The world severs aren't populated equally even with phasing.

So I won't turn war mode on. You won't convince me it's not stupid but I'm not going to whine about it endlessly either.
I’d be curious to know what the average AP values are between Horde and Ally.

10% over a months long period would be visible in the data.

I’d guess the average Horde player is getting close to being a full Heart level ahead of the average Ally player.
Okay it's not the Horde's or Blizzard's fault you chose the faction made entirely up of crybabies.
Also are you SERIOUSLY missing a 10% bonus?
Why no reward the underdog with doble bonus? If you are on demand you should be rewarded somehow, just like call to arms
How about you alliance start turning your warmode on and stop complaining that there are too many horde using it?
Is PvP even happening for you?

When I war mode and do WQs the ONLY place I ever see PvP happening is the Tortollan flight paths, everything else is empty.
Did I miss something? Alliance in war mode are every where. You guys must be like having the worst luck or trolling. Cause I see at least 80% both side having war mode on. here lately too many of one side. Read alliance in area. come on if you not finding them. then something wrong on your end. There too many alliance around.
09/23/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Canopia
09/23/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Tilyna
People play a WAR game - complain about WAR mode in World of WARcraft.

= logic

people buy a bicycle - complain that one wheel is abnormally larger than the other

= logic

Do you even penny-farthing, bro?
only complaint ive found is when you join a group to kill a rare and half are WR and half are not. So people have to leave and find a grp thats not WR or that is WR. But that really isnt a huge deal, just takes an extra min to find a group with people who are in the same phase as you.
Stop you don’t know what your talking about.

It’s not a bonus it is given to you as a catch-up for having to waste your time running back to your corpse. Think rested exp. same exact thought.
09/23/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Tankanbank
You know, I see allies all over the WQ and I have war mode on.

You just have bad luck, friend.

I think the key difference is allies are more apt to leave you alone unless there are a large majority of them. Only difference I see. The only time fighting breaks out is if there are like 5+ of them.

Whereas horde players, they just kill allies on sight usually. Or at least attempt to.

Too true, rolling on my toon, doing some WQs, have a fellow alliance hunter near me. There is also another Orc hunter there. Ally accidently pulls to much, Orc hunter is watching, Orc hunter opens up on him. Being a rogue (!@#$ty gear) sit a second to see if its a mistake. It isn't. Open up on said Orc, (70khp, the hunter has 130k.) Alliance hunter runs, I get killed.

Sit there waiting to rez, horde hunter and alliance hunters bffs now. Open up on rez, ally hunter just goes bout his business. Orc hunter isn't stupid and knows with the both of us, he is dead. Alliance hunter is just a dumb %^-*. GG

TLDR: Alliance are cucks and horde deserve warmode benefits,
Na man I love the xp buff. Warmode+ monk xp buff+ boas= fast leveling. And if you don’t mess with others they won’t mess with you win win
OP makes my server look bad. Ignore the whining.
09/23/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Onotay
Okay it's not the Horde's or Blizzard's fault you chose the faction made entirely up of crybabies.
Also are you SERIOUSLY missing a 10% bonus?

Are you seriously telling us that you would not complain if the situation were reversed?
If things are truly unbalanced (Just because there seem to be more or less of the opposite faction near you that doesn't necessarily mean there are actually more or less on your shard)....

If blizzard wants to find ways to even things out (They might be okay with one side having more people at any given time)...

If they can't get shards to level it out better to achieve their desired effect for whatever reason...

Maybe they could add an extra bonus to whichever side is lower? Extra carrot to turn it on? I dunno what that could be, but think merc mode system without actually being able to switch sides.

-shrugs- that's the best I got.
09/23/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Tankanbank
You know, I see allies all over the WQ and I have war mode on.

You just have bad luck, friend.

I think the key difference is allies are more apt to leave you alone unless there are a large majority of them. Only difference I see. The only time fighting breaks out is if there are like 5+ of them.

Whereas horde players, they just kill allies on sight usually. Or at least attempt to.
I never see Alliance and I'm on Stormrage. Horde also always travel in groups of 3 because they can't win 1v1s.
I've found that on the weekend I really can't do world quests on my server. The number imbalance is massive.
09/23/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Yasudra
09/23/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Vaenaru
Agreed, regardless of the faction imbalance.

I rolled on a PvE RP Realm, not a PvP realm, and now after 8 years the game is actively telling me I'm doing it wrong by giving PvP players bonus rewards.

I don't care how minor the bonuses are; They shouldn't exist in the first place.

People who want World PvP should be the only people turning Warmode on.

IT USES SHARDING, IT DOESN'T NEED A FORCED HIGH POPULATION OF PLAYERS TO FUNCTION AS INTENDED.

But also, yes, the faction imbalance is real and it's only going to get worse as more and more Alliance give up on it, making it worse for those who are still trying it until they also give up on it, etc, etc.

the game isnt telling you anything.

and by sacrificing the 10% bonus you are gaining efficiency you wouldn't have if you were in war mode (even if you were on horde side).

There is no loss of efficiency. There are the same number of quests regardless of it being on or off. Its just a free bonus and as such should not exist.
OP is getting owned in Warmode, lol
Why would you complain about the 10% bonus in Warmode? I personally feel there should be a larger incentive.

If I turn on pvp, risking being in a fight and delaying my questing content to help my faction fight/and/or defend myself from the other faction - it’s nice for me to get a bonus right?

So there should be no reward for turning Warmode on at all? I mean what are you getting at?

I understand Blizz is trying to inspire more people to turn it on, but the rewards are mediocre at best. Still, I do it just for fun anyway.