Another I turned war mode off thread...

General Discussion
If we are the squeakiest wheel maybe blizz will do something like what happened with legacy loot. The imbalance between the number of Horde and Alliance is ruining war mode and I've had war mode on most of the expansion. It's getting worse by the day and I'm adding to it by being one less alliance player with it on. There are Alliance with it turned on and it is well within blizz's power to re balance the numbers that appear in a zone regardless if more people play Horde. For those of you that say turn it off if you don't want to pvp or play horde are missing the point. There are alliance that pvp but when every wq I'm being swarmed by enough horde that I don't have a chance it ruins the fun. I'm fine with the occasional ganking and I'm fine with a little 1v2 or even better 1v1. What I'm not fine with is the constant 10v1 or around some of the wq's 20v2. This is my attempt to get more of you complaining to force blizz to fix this instead of sitting on our sub money.
Alliance? Check.
Warrior? (Woyer) Check.
QQ Moar scrub lul. Check
For the Horde!
Yup, turned it off after the 2nd week after it took nearly 45 minutes to finish an Azerite WQ.

10% bonus rewards aren't worth it when I can literally do 8-10 quests in the same amount of time with it turned off.
Nah, I never turn off War Mode. I don't keep it on for the 10% thing, I just love to fight Hordies.

And since I'm a low level, I can demolish 120's thanks to Blizzard's hideous-hideous level scaling. Thanks, Blizz! :D
Won’t play without it. Alliance are just as guilty at camping as Horde. Now that the hype has worn off, it’s no different than it used to be on a pvp server.
The difference between the two factions is striking.

After hitting 120 on my Horde equivalent yesterday I started looking for groups.

All the Arathi rare groups were "WM On." That's a rarity on the Alliance side.

It was the same with WQs. They're all "WM On."
I have it on all the time. Sometimes I’m surrounded by alliance and sometimes by horde. If you can’t deal with that.. yeah turn it off. Who thinks world pvp has to be fair? It’s a free for all where you can get a 40 man raid and destroy the server if you really want to.
09/23/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Rothion
If we are the squeakiest wheel maybe blizz will do something like what happened with legacy loot. The imbalance between the number of Horde and Alliance is ruining war mode and I've had war mode on most of the expansion. It's getting worse by the day and I'm adding to it by being one less alliance player with it on. There are Alliance with it turned on and it is well within blizz's power to re balance the numbers that appear in a zone regardless if more people play Horde. For those of you that say turn it off if you don't want to pvp or play horde are missing the point. There are alliance that pvp but when every wq I'm being swarmed by enough horde that I don't have a chance it ruins the fun. I'm fine with the occasional ganking and I'm fine with a little 1v2 or even better 1v1. What I'm not fine with is the constant 10v1 or around some of the wq's 20v2. This is my attempt to get more of you complaining to force blizz to fix this instead of sitting on our sub money.

Everyone is saying there are more horde than alliance.

Let's do a simple exercise.

There are 100 horde in the entire universe.
There are 70 alliance in the universe.

Balance the zones now! Gogogogog.

Do you see the problem?

If blizzard were to allow free faction changes from the more populous faction to the less populous, in whatever container they put us in to measure such things (battle group, cluster, whatever the pool they pull from for shards) maybe that would help.
09/23/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Daltorax
I have it on all the time. Sometimes I’m surrounded by alliance and sometimes by horde. If you can’t deal with that.. yeah turn it off. Who thinks world pvp has to be fair? It’s a free for all where you can get a 40 man raid and destroy the server if you really want to.

You didn't read what I said. In that situation I'd be fine with if every once and a while I was surrounded by ally. I don't see that I see horde and I'm surrounded by horde unless i join a group which is hard since most alliance groups are wm off. This is a problem that was yes caused by the community but the community has failed to fix it and as it is blizz's game it ultimately falls to them to fix it. Especially since they've devoted so much already in this expansion to the pvp aspect of the game.
09/23/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Daa
If blizzard were to allow free faction changes from the more populous faction to the less populous, in whatever container they put us in to measure such things (battle group, cluster, whatever the pool they pull from for shards) maybe that would help.

Not gonna happen, buddy. Free faction changes means people won't pay, and if people won't pay, there's no $$$ in it for Blizzboi.

Yeah.
Made it to 120 and turned it off. Drustvar was the most ganks by far.
I had to turn it on because of phasing, which is really annoying...