What class relates to Depression?

General Discussion
Im thinking either Affliction lock or Shadow priest.

I want a class I can relate to the most. :)
MM hunter.
You're already playing one, silly shaman.
uhh...affliction is about causing other people pain and misery

probably shadow. masochism is a deeper aspect of their class fantasy, especially since warlocks don't have life tap anymore

but don't make a shadow priest. they're not a finished spec as of current
09/23/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Megafin

I don't feel depressed lol
I would say Shadow priests.
I'm depressed cause that's every class for me. I'm unable to enjoy playing any of them. Which has led to major depression when I play them.
I'd say death knights. Pain and misery is kind of their whole deal. Forced into a life of undeath, they physically have difficulty experiencing positive emotions, and their best friends are walking corpses. Plus they rock the color black like no other.

I don't think shadow priest matches it at all. Shadow priests practically worship the Void. Just like warlocks, it's the source of their power and they enjoy using it at any given chance. They're darker, but not depressed about it.
Shaman is the answer.

Doomhammer curse is coming for us now.
I'd say death knights. Pain and misery is kind of their whole deal. Forced into a life of undeath and did horrible things, they physically have difficulty experiencing positive emotions, and their best friends are walking corpses.

I don't think shadow priest matches it at all. Shadow priests practically worship the Void. Just like warlocks, it's the source of their power and they enjoy using it at any given chance. They're darker, but not depressed about it.

I’d second this. Died a hero. Raised a monster. Currently an outcast.

I know now why you love, but it is something I can never do
Undead rogue camping noobs
Play any class. I bet you'll be thoroughly depressed.
I don't know about depression,

however, shaman equates to insanity: Every expansion, Shamans keep hoping for buffs to make them relevant, only to be denied.

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Now that I think about it, that is pretty depressing. So maybe you can associate Shamans with depression.
09/23/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Megafin

Shadow Priest. If you level to 100, you'll gain access to one of three artifact weapons that talk to you.
You're playing WoW, so any of them
Demon Hunter.

What have you sacrificed? I have sacrificed all. Well, not really all, but a lot. Well a little. And all I got was lazer sight, nice wings and I can fly too.

Sing along brother Demon Hunters!

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly

See? most depressed...
Vengeance Demon Hunter.
Literally their entire rotation is about managing their own pain.
09/23/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Forumposter
Demon Hunter.

What have you sacrificed? I have sacrificed all. Well, not really all, but a lot. Well a little. And all I got was lazer sight, nice wings and I can fly too.

Sing along brother Demon Hunters!

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly

See? most depressed...

Actually, Demon Hunters have the option to try to kill themselves right in the opening storyline. Illidan makes a quip about your demon soul, but the guy who would've been sacrificed is your biggest fan at the next few Demon Hunter meetings in the zone. Moreover, the Demon Hunters have the spirit of an actual demon within them trying to subvert them even while they try to use its power for their own ends.

Anyway, if you're actually suffering from depression talk to a counselor or something. If you're just depressed, pick vengeance demon hunter and pull large packs of trash or solo the Wanted: quests. Maybe try only using ilevel 280 quest greens even after you ding 120 if you want to punish yourself. (I nearly died six times in three quests my first hour into 120. Pretty exhilarating actually.)
I personally enjoy the thought of casting Agony on others
Demon "CRAWLIIIING IN MY SKIIIIIIN" Hunter.