#Nochangers, what changes would you make?

Classic Discussion
09/25/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Härländ
09/24/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Kissyboy
Suppose a rabid pro-changer was holding you hostage and due to their mental instability demanded you issue 3 changes to Classic for Blizzard to implement or you'll die.

• Delete 1 pixel from the entire map of Westfall and replace it with one of a slightly different color.
  • Delete 1 pixel from the entire map of Northshire and replace it with one of a slightly different color.
  • Delete 1 pixel from the entire map of Redridge and replace it with one of a slightly different color.
  • There are your 3 changes.

You monster!
    How could you?
    Suppose a rabid pro-changer was holding you hostage and due to their mental instability demanded you issue 3 changes to Classic for Blizzard to implement or you'll die.

• Delete 1 pixel from the entire map of Westfall and replace it with one of a slightly different color.
  • Delete 1 pixel from the entire map of Northshire and replace it with one of a slightly different color.
  • Delete 1 pixel from the entire map of Redridge and replace it with one of a slightly different color.

I could understand one pixel, maybe 2. But 3, you seriously crossing the line there.

Westfall is far too important, that should be Silithus or Mt. Hyjal (or both and keep the Redridge one as well)...
    Ha! You think the Pro Changers could contain me!

Jokes on them, I'm not trapped and held hostage by pro changers!

They're trapped and held hostage by me!

And for this I will make them watch, Attack of the Killer Mole Rat 153,601, 332 times every time they make a thought about change Classic!
    09/25/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Zellüt
    The faction leaders indeed did once give a ton of honor. So much so that it disrupted the honor race on the shattered hand server

My server was famous!? Come to think of it... no wonder city raids died down : \

In that case lets add content based off of server names:

*Emerald-Dream: Can go to the emerald dream expansion they were working on.

*Dreanor: Can go to BC expansion (without the corruption of changes in gaming philosophy)

*Medivh: Can enter a finished version of the vanilla Kharazhan raid (Vanilla itemization only).

*Shattered-Hand: Infiltrates the 'shattered hand cult - learn of Deathwing whereabouts; and then proceed to murder Deathwing so that there is never a Cataclysm expansion!
    1) Add the achievement system to the game with only one achievement that can be earned: "Destroyer of the Alliance" - kited Lord Kazzak to Stormwind.

2) Allow players to kill and skin timbermaw furbolg. (Yes I did the timbermaw grind when it was relevant content and yes I'm bitter)

3) Add a contract system - allow players to go to an NPC and create a contract on a player in their faction. The player who created it would basically put gold into the contract that could be extracted by a player who killed the mark a number of times chosen by the player who created it. That contract could then be sold on the neutral AH.
    Only one.

Add the "Sword of One Thousand Truths" weapon into the game. Legendary item. All the same effects from the South Park episode. Requirements to earn include level 60 of each class of same faction (to get on Alliance you don't need Shaman, Horde do not need Paladin), as well as a special quest chain that at some point will require you to gather items that only a specific class can obtain. The quest chain will be long and hard [at least 2-5 months /played time (depending on how testing goes)on average required] and requires clear mastery of your classes to earn the drops (think Mage tower skins or Warlock Green Fire from MoP. The items you obtain are BoA so you can send them to one toon to obtain the sword. The sword becomes soulbound to that toon and your account can only have one sword tied to it per faction.
    The only reason I'm NO CHANGES is because I don't trust current blizzard to make any changes that won't damage the feel of the game, even though plenty of those changes exists. Things like boomies' mana costs. That sort of thing.
    Give warriors back our 52nd talent point so we can take both MS and Deathwish again.
    So many people willing to die for a video game.

Recommended response:

1.) Add a small pebble in Westfall.
    2.) Add a small twig in Felwood.
    3.) Add a small bone in Silithus.

You can now live to play the game and probably won't even noticed any of the small objects you just put in. Just a hint. You never know when you might be kidnapped by a mentally unstable WoW fan with the ability to make changes that Blizzard can't undo.

Anyways, my three, because I'm a filithy noob who wouldn't waste a chance to make my own video game "changes".

1.) Add an instanced questline I'd personally design, including a dungeon at the end. This would probably really annoy the pro-changer who likely just wanted a few system edits and instead gets stuck designing quests for me, but that's what you get for kidnapping a creative person.

2.) "Are you done yet?", the kidnapper would ask after finally implementing my questline, to which I would show him my schematics for a new zone. This guy is probably regretting kidnapping me by now.

3.) I'd probably be getting a bit creatively burned out and just tell the guy to add transmog so I can use the appearances of all the new gear from my new content that I had added.

The kidnapper proceeds to mumble something about how he didn't do this to fulfill someone's dreams of creating video game quests, before releasing me.

I proceed to report him to the police and visit him in prison so I can tell him that "changes" is a very vague term and he should be more careful what he wishes for next time.
    Never negotiate with terrorists.
    The biggest change they want to make that nobody talks about is they want a forum and playerbase that doesn't ask for changes they want like in vanilla.