Feral just got a pvp damage nerf.

Druid
Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Feral
Rake deals an additional 60% damage in PvP situations while Stealthed (was 100%).
Shred deals an additional 35% damage in PvP situations while Stealthed (was 50%).

R.I.P.
you really need to link stuff like that, because there's no sticky thread in bfa classes.
09/11/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Noctyth
you really need to link stuff like that, because there's no sticky thread in bfa classes.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1101215-hotfixes-september-10-2018/

Just look under PvP changes, a little down the list.
Thank goodness! I felt so overpowered the other day in BGs. I killed one person after another with just one Rake or one Shred.

Now things are fairly balanced.

LOL
but we are buffed 5% overall dmg still?
I wish they would buff the energy regen

playing my rogue is night and day compared to feral, their energy regen is just perfect
I wasn't really sure how to take the comment. Did they mean it was down to 60% from 100% additional dmg. Or did they mean they were adding another 60% on top of the 100%. I was assuming the first but it could kind of be read both ways. Would they really nerf feral dmg? lol
Its a nerf for during incarnation basically since that makes all attacks function as though stealthed. If you did not pvp with incarnation then you will only lose a tiny bit of dmg from your opener.
Funny, incarn wasn't always the go to in that row for bfa, unlike legion. But guess Sotf is looking better. There's one spec + traits that's looking pretty interesting and will make you forget your pve problems. Will need to do more testing.
Feral druids are almost worse than having an AFK teammate in BGs atm. I'm not even kidding. Like for real Blizz, they only need buffs, stop with this "Oh we increased the damage but made the energy regen even worse! Yay we fixed it!"
09/11/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Nossika
Feral druids are almost worse than having an AFK teammate in BGs atm. I'm not even kidding. Like for real Blizz, they only need buffs, stop with this "Oh we increased the damage but made the energy regen even worse! Yay we fixed it!"

Your playing with bad ferals. I regularly top damage in battle grounds. I don't have the most killing blows, but I wreck in battlegrounds. It's about the only place I still feel super strong as feral.

PVE is different and we all know that.
You mean incarnation got a pvp nerf.
09/11/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Brokenclaws

Your playing with bad ferals. I regularly top damage in battle grounds. I don't have the most killing blows, but I wreck in battlegrounds. It's about the only place I still feel super strong as feral.

How do you BG as feral? I always seem to die instantly
This nerf is more for incarnation.

Otherwise, the amount of damage lost from this change overall will be unnoticeable. Seriously, how much of your overall damage in PvP comes from a shred from stealth? how often are you getting a re-stealth that you aren't doing 7 other things in between?

unless you use incarnation, you won't notice.
09/11/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Brokenclaws

Sure, multidotting players is going to pad your numbers in BG's and you can do top damage (I do the same thing), but the fact is our dots don't do THAT much damage. Any class with some self sustain can easily outheal our dots with minimal effort. If I throw FF, rake, rip, MF on a rogue and go to the next target that rogue can just vial right through it.. One global with a short CD and all my efforts wasted. My numbers on the board will look nice though.

An example of a problem with this nerf is that if you play a double DPS combo in 2's you HAVE to have high burst. They just nerfed our burst by a solid amount (Like 20% overall maybe given the 5% buff) making us less viable. And if we run with a healer games will take FOREVER because you'll just run around doing passive mediocre damage until dampening can let you kill them, but that goes both ways.

Funny thing is if they buff ferals bleeds by a large margin and we can bring the heat again, it will be a disaster. Ferals would absolutely dominate bg's all day long for the same reasons I said above about multidotting. You would just bleed and target swap and get wreckingball every game it would be ridiculous.

I think feral is hard to balance because of the way the class works because they're basically supposed to be a rogue/affliction lock with heals... Just the sound of that is OP. I don't think blizzard has any clue how to fix it and keep it fair/fun. I think an overhaul is really the only answer but I doubt that will happen.
09/11/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Unclescar
This nerf is more for incarnation.

Otherwise, the amount of damage lost from this change overall will be unnoticeable. Seriously, how much of your overall damage in PvP comes from a shred from stealth? how often are you getting a re-stealth that you aren't doing 7 other things in between?

unless you use incarnation, you won't notice.

Incarn is my highest simming talent (not super optimized for PvE). Also it's great in arena for bursting down healers and putting a lot of pressure on 2 targets at once AND that restealth is hella useful if you're not a Nelf.
While I will multidot a good amount I will also focus healers down. I run 2s with my wife as a disc priest and we are doing okay. I feel like I can pressure healers enough that the games don't drag out forever. We don't win every match, but were pretty casual about arenas anyway so its mostly to cap conquest.

I very rarely find myself in a spot where i die instantly like I've heard happens.
How do you BG as feral? I always seem to die instantly

Really? I think feral survivability is great with the amount of heals and cc/movement we have. Try running Renewal and utilize your bear form a bit more if you're getting cleaved. Also I think the fan favorite is Guardian Affinity but I use Restoration Affinity and it feels so nice. (Don't forget Thorns, people will back off you real fast)
Honestly? I think pvp complaints are the reason feral is in it's atrocious pve state currently. Think about it: servery under tuning our spells and buffing our auto attacks by 40% to compensate. all because our multi dot unremovable bleeds were deemed too strong in pvp scenarios, and hitting MoC because it made the spec too accessible late legion
-----
if/when they address feral pve problems I fully expect more hard nerfs pvp side, but I think I've lost faith in them on this spec in general. guessing it'll just be for people who want to put in double the effort for middle of the pack damage.
I still do lots of damage in BGs

Highest damage still mainly comes from FB and RIP spread bleeds

But the real top damaging ability is Thorns haha.