PvP is a Joke...

Arenas
I've been playing wow for 14 years, and in that time this is the worst I've ever seen it.

This game is all about flavor of the month now.

I'm seeing nothing but back peddle nubs face rolling, but because they're playing a Disc Priest, Rogue, Warrior, etc. they are nearly impossible to kill.

I know that Ret is a garbage spec in 2v2, but I shouldn't get face rolled by kids that have never even done Arena's.

Mage / Rogue, I might as well quit on the loading screen.

I feel like I'm fighting in the 2400 ratings with how difficult these games are.

I can do decent damage as ret, but can never get to my target because i have ZERO moblity. The 1 buff I have to move, 90% of the classes can remove it or steal it.

I'm honestly tired of fighting nothing but Disc Priest / DPS with the occasional Rogue / Mage...

This game used to be fun.. not anymore.
Thats..... harsh lol.
Legion was the same in terms of the fotm trend. Arcane mage are OP? Time to reroll. Assassin rogue are autistic? Time to reroll. Destruction big bolt can 60-90% someone? Time to reroll.

I agree, that the game is dumb down a lot, but I still think you can face roll these players if you played right.

Ret is pretty mediocre in 2v2s. However, I don’t see how u would struggle as a ret/healer vs a mage/rogue. Lol.

Sanc and wog are enough to deal with that comp in 2s.
09/13/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Twochains
Thats..... harsh lol.

Haven't heard that one before... You're pretty original!
Thats..... harsh lol.

Beat me to it >:|
09/13/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Harsh
Thats..... harsh lol.

Haven't heard that one before... You're pretty original!

Sorry im a child at heart. I agree the balancing is pretty bad right now. Im juat waiting til season 2 honestly
09/13/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Twurt
Ret is pretty mediocre in 2v2s. However, I don’t see how u would struggle as a ret/healer vs a mage/rogue. Lol.

Sanc and wog are enough to deal with that comp in 2s.

I'm struggling because I'm playing with a Mistweaver that hasn't played in 10 years, and I'm a ret paladin that cant move against a Rogue / Mage. (I used to be able to carry most anybody to 2k, not this xpac...)

I get close snare, gouge, stun, stun, stun, blind, poly x3, ring of frost, ray of frost... I could go on...

I can't move, I freedom it belongs to the mage...

I Sanc my healer out of stuns, np... but thats 1 stun removal on a 45 second cooldown.

They control the fight. Even if I can get the rogue or mage down to nothing they play hit and run games while they eat and drink back to full

Its super frustrating to have such DOG $h_t mobility...
09/13/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Harsh
Mage / Rogue, I might as well quit on the loading screen.

Lol.
TBH its just bad game design when there are flat out hard counters like ret/mage or like warlock/mage (although this one isnt as bad more like a soft counter).

But the difference is between the two classes above is that the mage has a chance to at least outplay the warlock by jukein cs's, the ret really dosent have any counterplay really.
TBH its just bad game design when there are flat out hard counters like ret/mage.

The sad thing is, I've 1v1'd a few mages after they killed my healer. Id kill the rogue then kill the mage.

One mage was so bad he ran away after I pillar kited him and I rez'd my healer....

How are these games so difficult when I play horrible players like this? Something is seriously wrong...
It is because every class has been pruned. When there are less skills there is a lower skill cap. Also, I'd like to point out kiting is almost no longer an option. Every class seems to have gap closers on a short CD (unless snared)... Yes, rets do have a harder time sticking to targets but look at the mobility of the other melee classes...it's obnoxious.
09/13/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Pizzalicious
It is because every class has been pruned. When there are less skills there is a lower skill cap. Also, I'd like to point out kiting is almost no longer an option. Every class seems to have gap closers on a short CD (unless snared)... Yes, rets do have a harder time sticking to targets but look at the mobility of the other melee classes...it's obnoxious.

I agree with you, except: Rets can definitely be kited... We have such horrible mobility that nearly any class can and does kite us.

Rets have the very worst mobility this game has ever seen. I feel like I playing a Vanilla Ret, my mobility is that bad.

Rogues gained abilities rather than lost them. Sure Assasination lost gouge, but gained a ranged snare.. Combat has a ranged stun, etc.

I just feel so gimped compared to other classes. I'd love to level another one, because Ret sucks so much, but Reputation, and the AP grind is too much to deal with.

Guess its goodbye to this game again...
this game is trash we all need to teach blizzard a lesson and unsub
maybe...just MAYBE..this is a GIT GUD SITUATION????????
09/13/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Harsh
I've been playing wow for 14 years, and in that time this is the worst I've ever seen it.

[/quote]

People been saying this for the past 11 years
It's just the inevitable result of having to schizophrenically share class design with the loot zumba people.

09/13/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Pizzalicious
It is because every class has been pruned.

The prune is definitely the worst thing to ever happen to pvp but look at other games, you can do a lot with a relatively simple set of available skills, thing is we're just an afterthought at best right now and it really shows.
09/13/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Ruthlessmage

Yeah idiot, get guder at not having any way of dealing with snares or slows outside of one dispellable buff. Idiot.
09/13/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Ruthlessmage
I mean, I think it's a ... git a better comp situation.

@OP While mistweaver ret can do reasonably well with an aggressive mistweaver, you should be playing Ret Resto Druid. Resto druid has CC, resto druid has mobility, resto druid has roots, resto druid has a pull back effect... Would probably also work with a resto shammy. You chose to play with a healer that has virtually no utility to offer. If you do that as a class that's dependent on others for slows, you're going to have a bad time.

Also, I call BS. Season 5 wotlk was more broken than any other time in this game's history with DKs and Rets... Maybe if you were a ret back then you don't remember it the same as the non-ret non-dk classes though.

Also, game isn't balanced around 2's.
Imagine playing the game for 14 years and having highest rating of 2k, then complain on the forums that the game is unbalanced while playing one of the best classes in the game

yikes....
The constant mage slows are bs to be honest. Dispel only to be re-applied instantly. Guess I’ll sit here for 8 seconds.