Emissary drops

General Discussion
I dont think I have ever seen a holy paladin carry a polearm before but the emissary reward for me yesterday is a 340 holy polearm... is this some kind of joke? Why not let the emissary drop a weapon for your spec? My ret weapon is under 300 and pathetic.
If it makes you feel any better, i got a 2h INT weapon on my Enhancement Shaman. Tell me what spec of Shaman uses that?!?!111
Using a staff as a warrior thanks to that emissary reward... Honestly after all these years didn't even know I could. I immediately went to a training dummy to reality check myself that it would actually work before doing any more world quests.
09/13/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Rágéd
If it makes you feel any better, i got a 2h INT weapon on my Enhancement Shaman. Tell me what spec of Shaman uses that?!?!111

Elem/Resto

I had an int 2h from an emissary awhile back, got an agi 2h today from it so woo I am geared. It would be nice if it was more tailored to your spec though.
Yeah it's pretty retarded. I got a 1h weapon emissary on my blood dk.
09/13/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Bakedcheeto
I dont think I have ever seen a holy paladin carry a polearm before but the emissary reward for me yesterday is a 340 holy polearm... is this some kind of joke? Why not let the emissary drop a weapon for your spec? My ret weapon is under 300 and pathetic.
wasn't a polearm but i'm pretty sure the BiS for holy pally during ToT and HFC were some 2H maces. blizzard likes to every so often put stats on a weapon that aren't usually a thing so that some other specs can use them.

like how in ToT there was a int fist weapon and that was unheard of up till then and now int fist weapons are fairly common.
09/13/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Bluudog
Yeah it's pretty retarded. I got a 1h weapon emissary on my blood dk.

I wish we could trade, I keep getting 2 handers when I need 2 one handers for frost.
This is exactly how gear has always been. Legion brought 2h holy back into existence and with the added bonus of armor when using the silver hand - but using a 2h as a holy paladin was always a thing
I'm more interested in why all the two handers that pop up from WQ's have ALL been int based. At this rate i'm convinced it's bugged.
I keep getting Azerite gear as a reward. I think I've legit had 6 or 7 emissary rewards be 340 pieces of Azerite gear. Enough already!
I don't get it the coding is there, it is how loot works in dungeons. Why can't everything work base on your spec.

Do PVP. Guaranteed 345 weapon at 500 Conquest.

It will show you a sample weapon (It showed me a 1h healy mace) but they will let you choose from a variety of things, including a 2h Sword.
Just think how badass you're going to look defeating someone wielding a huge, flashy, garrish weapon, whilst armed with a humble polearm.

Yes. You're that good.
09/13/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Fizsalie
I don't get it the coding is there, it is how loot works in dungeons. Why can't everything work base on your spec.

Then you'd need to swap to each spec and watch all the WQ/Emissary loot change to see which is the best.

People would come to the forums and complain about that. The Devs have already said, numerous times, that it's based on the class and not the spec. It was actually this way back in Legion, but people didn't notice it too much because it was relics and they may work in multiple weapons.
I use to see SOME off spec pieces show up from WQ and it was fine.
Fast forward to BFA: I've seen more off spec pieces than main spec pieces. On all 3 of my 120's.
This is the 2nd cache to award a weapon, and it's my 2nd polearm. 1 of 3 hunter specs can use a polearm, and guess what, it's not the one I'm playing.

My Sin rogue got a fist weapon.
My Windwalker monk got a 2h healing polearm.

I no longer believe it's just an rng chance. That would mean some of the time it would roll in my favor, but I have yet to see it. Just the Devs screwing up something else that wasn't broken.
09/13/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Nemestrïnus
wasn't a polearm but i'm pretty sure the BiS for holy pally during ToT and HFC were some 2H maces. blizzard likes to every so often put stats on a weapon that aren't usually a thing so that some other specs can use them.

like how in ToT there was a int fist weapon and that was unheard of up till then and now int fist weapons are fairly common.

It was certainly a pole arm. I mean I'll rock it, its whatever lol. Just thought it was weird lol
09/13/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Faethor
I use to see SOME off spec pieces show up from WQ and it was fine.
Fast forward to BFA: I've seen more off spec pieces than main spec pieces. On all 3 of my 120's.
This is the 2nd cache to award a weapon, and it's my 2nd polearm. 1 of 3 hunter specs can use a polearm, and guess what, it's not the one I'm playing.

My Sin rogue got a fist weapon.
My Windwalker monk got a 2h healing polearm.

I no longer believe it's just an rng chance. That would mean some of the time it would roll in my favor, but I have yet to see it. Just the Devs screwing up something else that wasn't broken.

Man if I could see some main spec weapons ever, it would be nice. 8 WQs, 2 emissary rewards, and not a single ret weapon.
This issue just keeps popping up. Even people who don't post on the forums are coming here looking or answers, or to at least make sure they're not crazy. I know changes can take awhile, but we have seen hotfixes for sillier things.

Also, for those posting "go get your conquest weapon", this seems to be an Alliance Ret Paladin issue (yes, hunter, DKs and rogues too), but I play all of these, and this seems to be the worst. FYI: doing your epic BG daily as Ally, and having AV pop up 3x in a row just means that you've wasted an hour and a half of your day to end up turtled at Van praying for a quick loss so you can re-que in hopes for a pre-made or different 40v40. If you don't do rated, and are just popping in to get your conquest weapon, its about a 2 week wait of collecting conquest. While not horrible, its just unnecessary.

Paladins back during the Ulduar raids used polearms so this is nothing new. I actually quite liked the look of using a polearm back then.

Also consdering that the type of weapon doesn't matter, just the stats and the attack speed to which a pole arm is comparable to a 2hander, using a pole arm is just fine.