Pathfinder P1 Should Equal Flight One!

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I have completed the vast number of requirements: Explored the world, completed all the quest chains, finished out the war campaign and I even ground out the reputation. (Here's looking at you, Turtle People.)

Pathfinder part 1 is now complete.

And for what?

I now get to wait months for part 2? Months. And then of course have an additional grind that, since this expansion basically copies the previous expansion, will require 1 additional rep grind to revered, one new zone explored and one new storyline completed.

This is unacceptable and a slap in the face.

Here is the solution:

Upon completing pathfinder part 1, allow flight in your factions "home" continent. This is a fair, just and logical compromise.

So upon completing part 1, Horde would be able to fly in Zandalar and Alliance would be able to fly in Kul Tiras! On the other continent, you would not be allowed to fly until pathfinder part 2 is done months down the road.

This is the perfect solution. And while I still, personally, feel that allowing flight in both continents is the best course of action I know Ion will never go for that. But this would allow some flight and it seems appropriate that we would be able to first fly in our home continent.

Yes, that would make it tougher on pvp shards for alliance questing in Zandalar. But turnabout is fair plan and it would be tougher on the horde on pvp shards in Kul Tiras. And heck, you should have some advantages on your home continent anyway!

And Blizzard, taking this action and liberalizing our right to take to the air, spread our wings and fly will help stop the steady stream of unsubs!

Listen to Rastlin! I know this game. I have played for years. Taking this action will stop the bleeding and help turn things around. What I have proposed will save WoW!

Do it now. Please.

TLDR: Upon completion of pathfinder part 1, players should be allowed to fly on their factions home continent.
(gives Rastlin a little box of cookies to enjoy on his crusade)

I too hope flying comes earlier rather than later.... especially since they designed the topography around flying more than ever before.
09/16/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Rastlin
slap in the face.

Any post with this meme is usually not worth reading .. yours is no exception.
Did you know you bought the wrong trinket?
one continent flight is not remotely perfect. it just creates insane disparity. flight access must be ubiquitous. in fact it should not be behind a grind at all.

that said i think flight should be out until the end of first raid. i enjoy the no flight period to start with, and no, "just dont fly then" does not achieve that when you are in an open world competing with other players.

it's a good compromise but the grinds it is attached to are just terrible. they feel like a chore i want to get overwith rather than something i willingly take on for an awesome reward.
09/16/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Glaivediggar

My trinkets are private.
Just like with Legion, we likely wont be unlocking flight until all intended open world content has been added.
09/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Rea
Just like with Legion, we likely wont be unlocking flight until all intended open world content has been added.

If enough of the players unite!

If enough of the players protest

if enough players speak up!

Then indeed my change will be implemented!

Power to the Players!
I know why Blizz slows down allowing flight and I get it. They let the flight cat out of the bag and so now we have to deal with all the stupidity of pathfinder. But here is a better idea that balances things out better for everyone.

1. Allow flight at cap but when you get on a mount it is not an instant Ima on my mount. You click to mount and your mount flies in and you hop on it. Make it a 3 second animation.

2. Things cannot stay in the air forever. If you AFK hover you fall. Period. No more just hanging infinitely on your mount....either fly or don't. 2 minutes is more than enough.....if you are waiting for something to spawn wait on the ground.

3. Dismounting is the same as mounting...there is 3 second delay as you dismount and the mount takes off.

4. Creatures in the air attack and they hit hard. So if you are node hopping and you aggro a bat it follows you to the node and you have to fight it there.

5. Bring back node spawns. You click a node and you have to fight what spawns. I really enjoyed this especially when they drop more of what you were going to farm anyway.

Why does Blizz hate flying? Because it makes an already easy game even easier. So since the problem is that flying speeds up the game and makes thing on the ground irrelevant make it so it doesn't. This is the real issue honestly....If Blizz makes hopping on a mount, being on a mount and then dismounting somewhat realistic it would balance (to a degree) out the issues they have with people being on a mount.

1. No more death from above pvp ganking. Win win.
2. No more hopping from one node to another...can still be done just not as effectively.
3. No more swooping in to kill your quest mob and then flap off to the next. This has always been an issue...you are running to the mob you need to kill only to see a bunch of vulture players flying off the corpse that would probably still of been alive had it not been for flight. OR You are fighting mobs to get to a quest object and flying flynn drifts down, grabs the object and flaps off.

Realism fixes the problems.
09/16/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Rastlin

If enough of the players unite!

If enough of the players protest

if enough players speak up!

Then indeed my change will be implemented!

Power to the Players!

Pathfinder was Blizzard's compromise on Flight back when they originally wanted to leave it out completely back in WoD.

They don't want it available during current content because it makes it easier to design content and control the narrative and flow of a zone.

this is scary if you think about it... we've got nearly all of our quests done already for both islands, warfronts are open, the first raid is out... what is left for this expansion? I know we'll get some more raids, but... how many, maybe three or four? and those of us that don't like to raid, well... I guess there's nothing even for us to look forward too.

generally speaking we have a two year gap between expacs... are looking at another hfc to eternity?

and if what you're saying is true.. bfa will be dead in 8 months cuz no one will put up with nothing to do except grind for flying for that long.
If they did that I bet we’d see posts about horde favoritism because flying is horde zones is some how a bigger advantage than the alliance zones.
WM PvP with flying:

1) 3 Horde and 2 Alliance fly near each other, sizing each other up. Alliance calls for backup while Horde does the same.
2) More Alliance show up. One alliance guy lands on the ground and tries to use the NET-O-MATIC. Out of range? Mounts back up and continues flying with the rest of the squad.
3) Horde calls for more reinforcements, continuous flying ensues. Some players become bored and start strafe tweaking each other.
4) Groups disband and everyone flies away.
A slap in the face.
09/16/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Trollingyou
09/16/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Rastlin
slap in the face.

Any post with this meme is usually not worth reading .. yours is no exception.

agreed. I cringe every time I hear that one specific phrase. Along with the new term thats been going around "Dumpster Fire" . One youtube voice say it and now everyone parrots it ad nauseam.
Give it up, OP. They are not going to let us fly for at least a year.

The 2% of players that actually enjoy WPvP have screwed it up for the rest of us who couldn't care less.
I agree 100% that flying should be unlockable with part 1 only, but I don't agree with the "only in your faction's home continent" part.

It should be something we can get within the first couple months of level cap and apply to all BfA zones (aside from whatever Isle of Quel'danas no-fly zone they decide to put in near the end of the expansion).
09/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Rastlin
09/16/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Glaivediggar

My trinkets are private.

ROFL

Toasting in a Rastlin thread /raises glass
They'll never do that. How about when you earn part one then all your mounts with wings can glide like DHs can. Yeah it's not flying but it's better than nothing and better than having to dismount constantly to pop a glider that has a finite time before it vanishes out from under you. Yeah had that happen jumping off the top of a high mountain, didn't make it before *poof* no glider.