Pathfinder P1 Should Equal Flight One!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
You spelled my name wrong.
09/16/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Nighdarke
They'll never do that. How about when you earn part one then all your mounts with wings can glide like DHs can. Yeah it's not flying but it's better than nothing and better than having to dismount constantly to pop a glider that has a finite time before it vanishes out from under you. Yeah had that happen jumping off the top of a high mountain, didn't make it before *poof* no glider.

This actually seems like a cool idea.
#PathfinderSucks

#BringBackFlyingAtMaxLevel
09/16/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Sudsmcduff
Upon completing pathfinder part 1, allow flight in your factions "home" continent. This is a fair, just and logical compromise.

This would make world pvp insanely op for the faction who owns the continent. I'm not in favor of this at all. Why would anyone ever go to the opposing continent just to get swarmed by flying !@#$%^-s.

Flying disabled in Warmode, problem solved.
09/16/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Zaranthosdk
#PathfinderSucks

#BringBackFlyingAtMaxLevel

I agree.

Biggest mistake in the history of WoW taking away flight at max level.

I fought hard to get flight back and will continue!
09/16/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Sickening
I know why Blizz slows down allowing flight and I get it. They let the flight cat out of the bag and so now we have to deal with all the stupidity of pathfinder. But here is a better idea that balances things out better for everyone.

1. Allow flight at cap but when you get on a mount it is not an instant Ima on my mount. You click to mount and your mount flies in and you hop on it. Make it a 3 second animation.

2. Things cannot stay in the air forever. If you AFK hover you fall. Period. No more just hanging infinitely on your mount....either fly or don't. 2 minutes is more than enough.....if you are waiting for something to spawn wait on the ground.

3. Dismounting is the same as mounting...there is 3 second delay as you dismount and the mount takes off.

4. Creatures in the air attack and they hit hard. So if you are node hopping and you aggro a bat it follows you to the node and you have to fight it there.

5. Bring back node spawns. You click a node and you have to fight what spawns. I really enjoyed this especially when they drop more of what you were going to farm anyway.

Why does Blizz hate flying? Because it makes an already easy game even easier. So since the problem is that flying speeds up the game and makes thing on the ground irrelevant make it so it doesn't. This is the real issue honestly....If Blizz makes hopping on a mount, being on a mount and then dismounting somewhat realistic it would balance (to a degree) out the issues they have with people being on a mount.

1. No more death from above pvp ganking. Win win.
2. No more hopping from one node to another...can still be done just not as effectively.
3. No more swooping in to kill your quest mob and then flap off to the next. This has always been an issue...you are running to the mob you need to kill only to see a bunch of vulture players flying off the corpse that would probably still of been alive had it not been for flight. OR You are fighting mobs to get to a quest object and flying flynn drifts down, grabs the object and flaps off.

Realism fixes the problems.

This. 1000%. Problem is, you'd probably end up with more tears and whining than with Pathfinder. Heaven forbid EeezzeeMode get nerfed.
09/16/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Rastlin
I have completed the vast number of requirements: Explored the world, completed all the quest chains, finished out the war campaign and I even ground out the reputation. (Here's looking at you, Turtle People.)

Pathfinder part 1 is now complete.

And for what?

I now get to wait months for part 2? Months. And then of course have an additional grind that, since this expansion basically copies the previous expansion, will require 1 additional rep grind to revered, one new zone explored and one new storyline completed.

This is unacceptable and a slap in the face.

[/quote]

You have more than that good sir. Pathfinder 2 is slated to come out after the final raid of the expansion releases. This has been made abundantly clear.

Why are people still whining about pathfinder when this is a known thing and not going away.

Sheesh.
Upon completing pathfinder part 1, allow flight in your factions "home" continent. This is a fair, just and logical compromise.

So upon completing part 1, Horde would be able to fly in Zandalar and Alliance would be able to fly in Kul Tiras!

Totally agree with this.

However:

This is unacceptable and a slap in the face.

Stop this. It is not. It's Blizzard being stingy, stupid, unthinking and uncaring about what their players want, and trying to shove what they think is a good idea down our throats, whether we like it or not. It is the antithesis of what Ion said the other day in the AMA, about Blizz wanting players to have fun, yadda yadda.

It is, however, not a slap in the face. Stop being over dramatic. -.-
pathfinder part I (and only part needed) should unlock flying retroactively account wide back to level 60.

If you have done part I you have fully experienced what is on both continents from the ground and deserve to have the sky returned to you

What are we wihtout the sky? mud people?

Flying was never a problem until bliz choose to make it one, and pathfinder is not a compromise it is a petty vindictive strike back at players who unsubbed over 5 million and upper management forced em to return it to save the game.

So they kind of returned it and did so in the most painful way they could get away with.

Just make pathfinder the only one and remove the rep grind and boom, those who don't want to fly do not have to fly, those who want to fly can.

And the way horde said war fronts wasn't a big deal being behind alliance, I expect the same response from horde that flying or riding ground mounts isn't really a disadvantage.

To much wishy washy Pro when it works like you want, con when it works against you.

Consistency matters.
You get faster mount speed.
TLDR: Upon completion of pathfinder part 1, players should be allowed to fly on their factions home continent.

I'm just hoping we get to fly on the other continent at all.
The only metric blizzard cares about as a dev team is that we're having fun. So I imagine they'll hotfix flying in ASAP.

Rolls eyes..
09/16/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Rastlin
If enough of the players unite!

If enough of the players protest

if enough players speak up!

Then indeed my change will be implemented!

Power to the Players!

>.>
pathfinder part 3 should allow players the power to fly completely under their own power and at ridiculous speeds

dreams can come true make it happen blizzard
09/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Rastlin
09/16/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Glaivediggar
Did you know you bought the wrong trinket?

My trinkets are private.

Rastlin's using a STR/AGI trinket as a Shaman, LOL.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/eldrethalas/Rastlin

His suggestions on anything should be taken very lightly with that in mind,
09/16/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Nereeza
09/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Rastlin

My trinkets are private.

Rastlin's using a STR/AGI trinket as a Shaman, LOL.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/eldrethalas/Rastlin

His suggestions on anything should be taken very lightly with that in mind,

Excellent example of why we should be able to have the armory set to private

Thank You!

P.S. I like agility just fine as a shammy, and the "stamina and healing" I get while "tanking" mobs in world quests suits me just fine.
Still surprised that they only required revered with the factions in part 1 lol. Guessing part 2 will require exalted with some new faction though haha.
09/16/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Sudsmcduff

This would make world pvp insanely op for the faction who owns the continent. I'm not in favor of this at all. Why would anyone ever go to the opposing continent just to get swarmed by flying !@#$%^-s.

Flying disabled in Warmode, problem solved.

Please? If they wanna introduce flying keep it out of warmode.
09/16/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Illness
The only metric blizzard cares about as a dev team is that we're having fun. So I imagine they'll hotfix flying in ASAP.

Rolls eyes..

I'd hold my breath for this but I know I'd die before they admitted they were wrong AND put flying back in like it was.

That was the most astounding thing in the AMA. Ion saying the only thing that matters is fun when in fact he's ignored the fact that flying was fun since 2007 when they added it in BC.

Pathfinder has killed flying. It's just an endless time gate and crap show of specific things you have to do to unlock it. At least when you bought it with gold you could do whatever you wanted to earn that gold even if it was dancing naked on the Stormwind mailbox for tips.
09/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Rea
Just like with Legion, we likely wont be unlocking flight until all intended open world content has been added.

And until it doesn't matter anymore since you'll have been bored to death for months, having played through the "content" so many times.