Blizz should add players age to profile

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
09/16/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Uconn
why would you think im mental or trolling? Im trying to weed out the posts from the brats that are basicly foot stomping gimme my trophy kids. Kinda like the replies this post has gotten so far lol

Hmmmm... the fact that you don't understand why its a bad idea says something about you. The fact that you would judge someone by their age rather than what they say shows you to be ageist and ignorant. I am guessing every one of "the replies this post has gotten so far" was made by an adult.

You are not nearly as clever as you think you are.
this is a pretty bad idea, people already judge everyone based on age.

some dude called me 12 yesterday because i was playing a demon hunter.

its like, come on man i just turned 13 in May
this is a pretty bad idea, people already judge everyone based on age.

some dude called me 12 yesterday because i was playing a demon hunter.

its like, come on man i just turned 13 in May

Hey I turned 45 in may and love tanking on my Demon Hunter :P
09/16/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Uconn
my idea:
when creating an account you have to put your age in.
like the post count there should be Age:**

i think that would at least help here on the forums, for obvious reasons.

Age is a personal thing that no one on these forums or anyone in game needs to know so being forced to share personal info wouldn't go well for blizzard aka why they haven't
yep it seems like sunday.

It doesnt seem like something wrong could come from it. Like people being age elitist to people who never did or said anything wrong but are just boxed with others.
No one ever lies about their age on the internet, this plan is foolproof
09/16/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Somalion
No.
My age (45) is none of anyone's business (45) on the forums, what I post (45) should be what (45) matters to anyone, not the fact that I'm 45.

Anyone over 40 who isn't playing WoW just has something wrong with them if you ask me.

Most of the real asshats are late teens to early 20's is my bet.

Besides I know a lot of immature 30 year olds. Age doesn't mean anything at all.
This may not be intentional, but this could very easily be used to find and traffick children.

See, I don’t care.
There was a thread a while back, probably a few years ago now that I think about it. It was there for older players to post in. Just saying "hey we're here and it's quite a large community". It gained quite a bit of steam and went on for some time.

Was a fun read too.

I imagine for some, there's the assumption that there will be a lot of young players but maybe surprising to others, that there's a lot of older players (such as myself) out there. I'm not very old (40 in a few months. Saying it now to get used to it) but in that thread there were people over 60+, enjoying retirement and such.

That being said, I don't think attaching age to profile is a good idea. Ageism isn't fun to deal with, young or not. Also, a lot of people prefer privacy.
Sunday post *eyes suspiciously*

But taking it seriously for a second, it would enable a very toxic level of ageism and probably wouldn't accomplish what you think it would. So no thanks.
The calendar says I'm 52 - my wife thinks I'm more like 12, does that help ya ??
why would you think im mental or trolling? Im trying to weed out the posts from the brats that are basicly foot stomping gimme my trophy kids. Kinda like the replies this post has gotten so far lol

The words one uses and the way one posts has very, very little to do with one's actual age and a lot to do with one's mental age.

Having a privacy-violating number next to your post count would not do what you want it to.
I was young until Y2K screwed me over.
09/16/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Lull

The words one uses and the way one posts has very, very little to do with one's actual age and a lot to do with one's mental age.

Having a privacy-violating number next to your post count would not do what you want it to.

Privacy violation? No. People are asked to state their age numerous times throughout their lives. You gonna go into a liquor store and tell them they are violating your privacy by asking your age?
09/16/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Uconn
You gonna go into a liquor store and tell them they are violating your privacy by asking your age?

There are legal reasons they're asking for your age. That doesn't apply in this case. Apples, oranges, potatoes.
In my opinion there should never be any personal information shown.
09/16/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Uconn
my idea:
when creating an account you have to put your age in.
like the post count there should be Age:**

i think that would at least help here on the forums, for obvious reasons.

I think that would be catastrophic here on the forums, for obvious reasons. Also, it's no one's damned business what age another poster is.

P.S. Happy Sunday.

P.P.S.
09/16/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Ceratisa
...are you mental or trolling?

Hon, I know people who are in their late 60s who act like foot stomping spoiled brats, and I've known 13 year olds who behaved like mature, sensible adults.
I’m 58. Happy?

It has been my experience that age is no indicator of mature behavior online.