Blizz should add players age to profile

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
A person's age is private information. Yes, they have to ask for legal reasons, but publicly displaying it without permission can get them in serious trouble. As in legal trouble.
Character name: Touchmedaddy

What could possibly go wrong?
Don't know about elsewhere, but where I live making that kind of information compulsory or public is unlawful :)
Pretty sure I've heard a worse idea, but I'll be damned if I can remember it.
09/16/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Paluzz
i have 325 years old, in internet no one knows if you are a dog or an alien

Or a hyper-intelligent self-aware artificial intelligence.

This is a bad idea, OP, because some of us don't act our age (and that works both ways because I know a lot of teens act more mature than some 40+ folks).

Now, if Blizz could come up with an algorithm that analyzed our chat in game plus posts on the forums, and all the other data they have on each and every one of us, and gave us an "effective" age, I would be totally fine with them posting that.

A bit scared of that technology, of course, but nevertheless, that would be a more appropriate "age" to associate with us than actual calendar age.

/moo
I'm old enough to have discovered that age has absolutely nothing to do with maturity.
Age does not equal maturity.
How is this going to help? You're going to be upset when you realize most of the stupid posts are coming from adults.
if it was asked of you at the beginning, when you click agree than it is not a privacy violation.
09/16/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Suhbro
Why? So we can confirm what we already know that most NA players are between the ages of 5-12 and wants hand outs left and right

Well, one thing we know for a fact, you aren't over the age of 24 with that comment!
While we're at it, the info on gender, "preference", educational level, weekly income, height, foot size, political affiliation, skin tone and hair colour - (including whether curtains and carpet match), could all be of interest to someone.

Why not all tell the world everything?

I'll start. I'm a gorgeous, brilliant, wealthy, size tree, pink-haired, magic-loving green genie.
Account age sure, how many "I'm a vanilla player" comments do you see that are pure BS. Maybe a nice badge for 5 and 10 year vets.

Personal age? What does that accomplish? You can lie on the internet you know.
.. and their gender, race, religion, orientation, etc.

What could go wrong?
09/16/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Uconn
my idea:
when creating an account you have to put your age in.
like the post count there should be Age:**

Ya, I am sure every parent who lets their kid play this game wants their age pasted on their profile.

Could you be any more weird?
im old
09/16/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Uconn
my idea:
when creating an account you have to put your age in.
like the post count there should be Age:**

i think that would at least help here on the forums, for obvious reasons.

Dumb@ssery at its finest bois
09/16/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Leunlad
It's sunday.

No, people are seriously this idiotic too
09/16/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Snowfox
.. and their gender, race, religion, orientation, etc.

What could go wrong?

you forgot height and weight
Uh, no. Now find something constructive to post about. My age is no one's business unless I chose to tell them. Period. Same goes for everyone else unless you are trying to buy booze, tobacco, lotto tickets, or !@#$.
You want to see the age range because you think that all the entitled people on the forums must be young kids.... the truth is much more terrifying...