Dreadwake Complaint #2913

General Discussion
After an hour in web chat with Blizzard, I've come away completely bitter and dissatisfied.

I purchased at least 10 months of game time recently, but because it was not done via the more-efficient (~$5 saved) 6-month bundle packs, which are 100% capable of being purchased with bnet balance btw, I am excluded from this promotional offer.

I don't think it's right to tell me that it can be purchased later. I've purchased 14 WoW tokens in the last few weeks, with Blizzard earning $280 (minus fees) from the people who sold those tokens to me. I've paid my dues, but now I'm being told that because I didn't do it 'exactly a certain way', I can't have the mount.

That's nonsense.

Anyone who has more than 6 months of credited game time on their account should be awarded this mount. Anyone who has dedicated their money to Blizzard's BfA weirdness should be able to use this mount. There shouldn't be any jumping through hoops. I shouldn't have to add ANOTHER 6 months onto my account, which is already valid until April of 2020. I shouldn't have to spend $20 of bnet balance 3-5 months from now to get this mount.

I am supporting the company, yet I am being punished because of the manner I'm choosing to use.

-A very unhappy customer
Give this man his mount blizzard.
Just so you know this is not a feedback or complaints forum, its a player to player support forum that's moderated by blues.

Id imagine it has something to do with the time needed to be purchased with actual real world currency, not tokens which are purchased with gold.

edit - and here we are in general =P
09/19/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Crèanath
Just so you know this is not a feedback or complaints forum, its a player to player support forum that's moderated by blues.

Id imagine it has something to do with the time needed to be purchased with actual real world currency, not tokens which are purchased with gold.

Didn't post it here. It was moved here. And I can buy the 6 month bundle with ~$85 blizzard balance after tax. It has nothing to do with it being WoW tokens other than the fact that I didn't go with the 'bundle' options.
Here here. I'm subbed until September 2019. I really don't feel like buying 6 more months just for the mount. But I feel like, given I'm subbed for a year, I'm entitled to it. =/
09/19/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Tobias
It was moved here.

It was moved because its feedback, and those who collect it don't do so on any of the Support forums.

No matter how many threads you might weigh in on.
The point is to have my voice be heard. Having bought what equates to $280 in WoW tokens within the last few weeks, I am most definitely someone who should be a valued customer. Yet because I chose a simple route, I am being excluded from a promotion I could otherwise have no issues taking part in. I could easily spend the money in my bnet balance and buy ANOTHER 6 months, but I shouldn't have to. That'd put my account almost to 2021. Eventually Blizzard will get that money from me, but for right now, there's no sense in it.

I'm being excluded from this promotion for literally only technical nonsense, despite being a customer who gives a lot of financial support to Blizzard.
I'm in the same boat (or lack thereof) as Tobias. I have game time into September of next year, but got told that the bundle was the only way to go about it. I'm basically being told that my dedication is meaningless because I didn't show it in one specific way, and I have to come back again and get the mount from the store some time next year at an additional cost. That doesn't leave me with a good feeling. That leaves me feeling disappointed.
09/19/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Donhorn
I'm in the same boat (or lack thereof) as Tobias. I have game time into September of next year, but got told that the bundle was the only way to go about it. I'm basically being told that my dedication is meaningless because I didn't show it in one specific way, and I have to come back again and get the mount from the store some time next year at an additional cost. That doesn't leave me with a good feeling. That leaves me feeling disappointed.

I'm so mad at your pun.
09/19/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Crymoar
Give this man his mount blizzard.

I'd say "no", on the general principle that you don't reward daft behavior.

You save more in the long run if you buy 6 month lump sum subscriptions, rather than onesie twosies. How is this not common sense, you've see it in stores every day of your life.
Who cares its a pirate ship boat that cant even go in water and all mounts are literally exactly the same just +/- a skin.
09/19/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Tobias
bought what equates to

Those people who bought those tokens are the ones who gave blizz money you are playing off the wow economy and using your AH skills to play for free.

I mean good for you! But the whole point of the mount is to get people to buy 6 months of time so BLIZ can get paid. Not to reward you for playing for free.
09/19/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Àjantis
bought what equates to

Those people who bought those tokens are the ones who gave blizz money you are playing off the wow economy and using your AH skills to play for free.

I mean good for you! But the whole point of the mount is to get people to buy 6 months of time so BLIZ can get paid. Not to reward you for playing for free.

You're aware that a monthly subcription is 15 dollars, and the purchasing of a WoW token is 20 dollars.

So by using a WoW token as your subscription, you essentially give Blizzard 20 dollars per month, instead of 15?
09/19/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Tobias
ve purchased 14 WoW tokens in the last few weeks, with Blizzard earning $280 (minus fees) from the people who sold those tokens to me

So you paid nothing to Blizzard directly? Gotcha. Maybe those 14 people deserve the mount if they bought more than 6 tokens, but you using an alternative subscription option doesn't mean you earn it. It takes a lot of entitlement to say "I did the option where I paid you nothing out of pocket to play your subscription game for over a year. I deserve a bonus that people giving you $77 right now get for not paying you anything."
Having bought what equates to $280 in WoW tokens within the last few weeks,

Stop staying that. You want to make it sound like you personally enabled Blizz to earn $280 because of you. Other token buyers would've bought those anyway.

You spent your fake game gold. Obviously Blizzard doesn't care about getting "real money" for subscriptions, just that you Are subscribed. I pay real money, 6-months auto-renewal cuz I know I'll play Wow til it or I die and game gold is more precious than real money to me.

This is pretty sad/funny for those people who were bragging that they bought enough game tokens to pay game time til the end of time. That's well and good but they don't get a free mount. But they can buy it with real money later since they saved by not paying for WoW game time. Works out in the end, no?
09/19/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Vixie
Having bought what equates to $280 in WoW tokens within the last few weeks,

Stop staying that. You want to make it sound like you personally enabled Blizz to earn $280 because of you. Other token buyers would've bought those anyway.

You spent your fake game gold. Obviously Blizzard doesn't care about getting "real money" for subscriptions, just that you Are subscribed. I pay real money, 6-months auto-renewal cuz I know I'll play Wow til it or I die and game gold is more precious than real money to me.

This is pretty sad/funny for those people who were bragging that they bought enough game tokens to pay game time til the end of time. That's well and good but they don't get a free mount. But they can buy it with real money later since they saved by not paying for WoW game time. Works out in the end, no?

Holy hell, aren't you a ray of sunshine?

"Gold is more precious to you than money". How do I even begin unpacking that!
FYI I don't 'play' the AH, or run any heavy goblin strategies, or anything like that. I simply play the game a lot and farm a lot of profession stuff. I spend my time adding to the economy of the server I am on. I also play the game a LOT and provide a positive experience for others in pug groups for both raids and M+ dungeons.

I've never been a penny-undercutter, botter, or any such nonsense. I earned my gold by spending a lot of my free time in WoW. Regardless of if the money came from me directly or not, my contributions to the game experience HAVE earned Blizzard that money.

In either case, that's not even slightly the point here. The point is that anyone who is subbed for an extended (1 year +) time frame is unable to properly take advantage of this promotion because we are ALREADY subbed for massive amounts of time and have ALREADY shown our dedication to the game.
09/19/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Bullwinkie
The promotion is not aimed at you it’s aimed at those on the fence of unsubbing because BFA is a case of bad diarrhea

No, its aimed at those with a month to month subscription. Don't put your dislike of BFA on everyone else. This mount was datamined 6 months ago, and it takes more than a month to plan and code a promotion into a system as big as Blizzard's, this was planned well before launch and has nothing to do with people's love to claim the game is dying for X reason of the week that they're whining about.