Dreadwake Complaint #2913

General Discussion
09/19/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Tobias
After an hour in web chat with Blizzard, I've come away completely bitter and dissatisfied.

I purchased at least 10 months of game time recently, but because it was not done via the more-efficient (~$5 saved) 6-month bundle packs, which are 100% capable of being purchased with bnet balance btw, I am excluded from this promotional offer.

I don't think it's right to tell me that it can be purchased later. I've purchased 14 WoW tokens in the last few weeks, with Blizzard earning $280 (minus fees) from the people who sold those tokens to me. I've paid my dues, but now I'm being told that because I didn't do it 'exactly a certain way', I can't have the mount.

That's nonsense.

Anyone who has more than 6 months of credited game time on their account should be awarded this mount. Anyone who has dedicated their money to Blizzard's BfA weirdness should be able to use this mount. There shouldn't be any jumping through hoops. I shouldn't have to add ANOTHER 6 months onto my account, which is already valid until April of 2020. I shouldn't have to spend $20 of bnet balance 3-5 months from now to get this mount.

I am supporting the company, yet I am being punished because of the manner I'm choosing to use.

-A very unhappy customer

I hear you. I have gametime until 2021 and so I just can't justify buying 6 more months, and yet, no mount for me. In fact, I'd pay the $25US right now for it but they wont let me. As such, they get $0 from me - I would have bought the new pet also
09/19/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Iggzy
09/19/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Bullwinkie
The promotion is not aimed at you it’s aimed at those on the fence of unsubbing because BFA is a case of bad diarrhea

No, its aimed at those with a month to month subscription. Don't put your dislike of BFA on everyone else. This mount was datamined 6 months ago, and it takes more than a month to plan and code a promotion into a system as big as Blizzard's, this was planned well before launch and has nothing to do with people's love to claim the game is dying for X reason of the week that they're whining about.

They did the same thing to pad subscriber numbers for the Tyrael's Charger. Don't kid yourself.
09/19/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Tobias
The point is to have my voice be heard. Having bought what equates to $280 in WoW tokens within the last few weeks

You know that pretty much equals like 6 Starbucks Macchiatos right?
Bump.
09/19/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Bone7029
They did the same thing to pad subscriber numbers for the Tyrael's Charger. Don't kid yourself.

Oh, you have inside knowledge on their marketing then? They're a company, they run promotions for profit, that isn't anything new. Everyone likes to claim WoW is hemorrhaging players, and their only basis is that they're personally unhappy with X, Y, and/or Z in the game at that time so everyone must be unsubscribing for those reasons (even if those people are staying aroung) and then that the posts on the forums make it clear, even though the forums are <1% of the playerbase.
09/19/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Iggzy

Oh, you have inside knowledge on their marketing then? They're a company, they run promotions for profit, that isn't anything new. Everyone likes to claim WoW is hemorrhaging players, and their only basis is that they're personally unhappy with X, Y, and/or Z in the game at that time so everyone must be unsubscribing for those reasons (even if those people are staying aroung) and then that the posts on the forums make it clear, even though the forums are <1% of the playerbase.

Sounds to me like you have inside knowledge of their marketing, to assume my assumption is incorrect, bucko.

The truth is, the Tyrael's Charger came out during an immense lull in subscriptions and user activity in late Cataclysm, during the immensely long stretch of time between Dragon's Soul and Mists of Pandaria. Additionally, a month before hand, they brought out the Scroll of Resurrection. It's fairly simple to connect the dots in that they were trying to ensure customer subscriptions, while bringing back older accounts.

Between Q1 and Q2 of 2011, there was a one million player drop. To wit, this was the most precipitous drop to date.

It is no wild leap to assume that the Tyrael's Charger was a tantalizing bit of motivation to ensure a year long subscription.
The mount is free........................... you just have to pay the 6 month subscription to get it *Rolls Eyes*
09/19/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Bone7029
09/19/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Iggzy

Sounds to me like you have inside knowledge of their marketing, to assume my assumption is incorrect, bucko.

The truth is, the Tyrael's Charger came out during an immense lull in subscriptions and user activity in late Cataclysm, during the immensely long stretch of time between Dragon's Soul and Mists of Pandaria. Additionally, a month before hand, they brought out the Scroll of Resurrection. It's fairly simple to connect the dots in that they were trying to ensure customer subscriptions, while bringing back older accounts.

Between Q1 and Q2 of 2011, there was a one million player drop. To wit, this was the most precipitous drop to date.

It is no wild leap to assume that the Tyrael's Charger was a tantalizing bit of motivation to ensure a year long subscription.

He is clearly an idiot and a white knight. Probably purchased the mount through his sub and is commited for the long haul of passing BFA off as anything more than doodoo butter
I feel if you currently have 6+ months of sub time you be eligable you receive it.

It seems punishing to those who have plenty of subscription time left.
Good thing it's an absolutely hideous mount.
Really, the only thing that bothers me about this mount is them moving it into the store later on. Their argument for store mounts were that they were unique and took designers time to craft. This is a reskin. Argument invalid, please add to in-game pirate day or vendor next year. And because you can't voice an opinion without pre-defending yourself, I already got my ship.
09/19/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Bone7029
09/19/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Àjantis

Those people who bought those tokens are the ones who gave blizz money you are playing off the wow economy and using your AH skills to play for free.

I mean good for you! But the whole point of the mount is to get people to buy 6 months of time so BLIZ can get paid. Not to reward you for playing for free.

You're aware that a monthly subcription is 15 dollars, and the purchasing of a WoW token is 20 dollars.

So by using a WoW token as your subscription, you essentially give Blizzard 20 dollars per month, instead of 15?

Nope. The person that bought that token and put it on the AH for someone to buy gave Blizzard 20 dollars. The OP did not give Blizzard anything.
09/19/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Bone7029
09/19/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Vixie

Stop staying that. You want to make it sound like you personally enabled Blizz to earn $280 because of you. Other token buyers would've bought those anyway.

You spent your fake game gold. Obviously Blizzard doesn't care about getting "real money" for subscriptions, just that you Are subscribed. I pay real money, 6-months auto-renewal cuz I know I'll play Wow til it or I die and game gold is more precious than real money to me.

This is pretty sad/funny for those people who were bragging that they bought enough game tokens to pay game time til the end of time. That's well and good but they don't get a free mount. But they can buy it with real money later since they saved by not paying for WoW game time. Works out in the end, no?

Holy hell, aren't you a ray of sunshine?

"Gold is more precious to you than money". How do I even begin unpacking that!

@ bone it's ok I got this...

@ Vixie did you really need to be so rude? You're usually better than this.
Fyi you can actually get the mount with tokens you just need to convert them to bnet balance and buy the six month bundle using that. So people who use gold to buy tokens can get the mount as well just by converting them. Money is tight for some people and they have a lot of time with which they use to make gold, so the tokens are handy.
@op if you have that much game time purchased I'm sure they will come up with a solution so you can get the mount.
09/19/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Tindomerel
09/19/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Bone7029

You're aware that a monthly subcription is 15 dollars, and the purchasing of a WoW token is 20 dollars.

So by using a WoW token as your subscription, you essentially give Blizzard 20 dollars per month, instead of 15?

Nope. The person that bought that token and put it on the AH for someone to buy gave Blizzard 20 dollars. The OP did not give Blizzard anything.

What a facile argument.

Person A sells Item to Person B, who sells it to Person C.

If Person C never bought Item from Person B, Person B would never buy Item from Person A. Ergo, Person A would never have gotten the money in the first place, and the entire enterprise would be a fruitless endeavor.

It doesn't matter who bought the WoW token. If there wasn't a market for them, they wouldn't be bought in the first place. Ergo, it doesn't matter that I was not the original link along that chain.
09/19/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Bone7029
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Stop staying that. You want to make it sound like you personally enabled Blizz to earn $280 because of you. Other token buyers would've bought those anyway.

You spent your fake game gold. Obviously Blizzard doesn't care about getting "real money" for subscriptions, just that you Are subscribed. I pay real money, 6-months auto-renewal cuz I know I'll play Wow til it or I die and game gold is more precious than real money to me.

This is pretty sad/funny for those people who were bragging that they bought enough game tokens to pay game time til the end of time. That's well and good but they don't get a free mount. But they can buy it with real money later since they saved by not paying for WoW game time. Works out in the end, no?

Holy hell, aren't you a ray of sunshine?

"Gold is more precious to you than money". How do I even begin unpacking that!

The gold in-game is only usable for game stuff. I don't buy gold thru Blizz. I when I have enough to play with. Gold is tougher to accumulate since you can only make it in-game. Real money is easy since I have a real job.

Real money is used for real things. Game gold for virtual fake stuff.

Why is that hard to unpack?

09/19/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Tsavis
@ Vixie did you really need to be so rude? You're usually better than this.
Fyi you can actually get the mount with tokens you just need to convert them to bnet balance and buy the six month bundle using that. So people who use gold to buy tokens can get the mount as well just by converting them. Money is tight for some people and they have a lot of time with which they use to make gold, so the tokens are handy.

I'm not being rude, the OP was saying things like since he already bought more than 6 months of game tokens, which gave Blizz $280, he should get the free mount.

I was saying that since he spend virtual currency for the game, he can use the money he saved to buy the store mount later.

Game tokens have already been a good thing for those with "tight money". He's saying he's being punished cuz he already bought the tokens for the year before this bundle showed up so he wants a retroactive credit for the mount.

Maybe they'll give it to him if he asked nicely instead of a ranty thread on GD.
I tried to ask nicely. Unfortunately, they're insistent on their 'special promotions' in a way that disregards those of us who are committing to their game. Very upsetting...
09/20/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Tobias
I tried to ask nicely. Unfortunately, they're insistent on their 'special promotions' in a way that disregards those of us who are committing to their game. Very upsetting...

ITS NOT A PROMOTION FOR COMMITTING TO THE GAME

Seriously, how hard is that for people to understand. This isn't a loyalty or commitment reward. Its a promotion that is tied to a bundle for the 180 day subscription bundle, and they were generous enough to allow anyone who already locked in to the 180 day subscription to get it anyways. But of course everyone else who didn't do that feels they're entitled to it when they don't meet the very clear, and very generous, guidelines of it. Do you buy two 30" TV at Best Buy then see a month later that they have a promotion tied to a 60" TV by the same manufacturer and say you deserve the promotion because you bought almost the same thing?

Someone wasn't paying attention to that promotion. You didn't have to buy the game time up front for Tyrael's Charger, you only had to say you would keep your subscription active for a year. You could continue your month to month or get a year of game time or whatever else you wanted to do after that. People who already had a year of game time only had to click a button on the website and not even think about it.
09/19/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Bone7029

Business selling product tries to encourage consumers to buy said product.

Film at 11.