State of Shadow, 8.1 Edition

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 25 26 27 52 Next
Here's hoping for a thread extension at the very least.
Extended the thread guys! Thanks for the continued feedback here.
10/08/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Ythisens

A wild blue appears!
Blue post! Finally some feedback!

-_-

OK, but do you have any news or information for us?
Keeping our hopes up! :) I'm so starved for attention, this works...For now :)

Care to find the shadow priest devs for us?
Yeah it is kinda counterproductive for communication efforts with the community when the only feedback from you of note is "extended the thread cap thanks for your feedback".

So which feedback are you thanking them for?
What are YOUR THOUGHTS on that feedback?
Can they expect anything of importance soon?
How about any specific comments you read that got your noggin joggin? Even if you arent the dev responsible what are some comments you can give us insight to?

Just keep quiet. My parents raised me with a "if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all" mentality.
1000 posts later hehe xd
But is anyone actually doing anything with the feedback? Because there were hundreds of pages of it for alpha/beta and we were allowed to go live in this state. We were told we'd have to wait for 8.1 to get fixed, and now we're 3 weeks into 8.1 testing and we haven't heard a peep.
At this point we're not really even posting feedback. Every conceivable thing has been said, about anything, and that stream of comments has been going on since before the BFA beta was even opened. We're now leading up to the first patch of the released game.

We've ran out of things to say. It has all been said before.
Come back lazer yak! Do not leave! Give us info! Please!
Blizzard,

If you do nothing else to shadow, please for the love of god, give us a glyph for our original shadowform.

If you do anything else, I suggest, returning sw:d baseline, making voidform a 3 minute talent modifiable cooldown, and reimagining shadow orbs and devouring plague (stack to 5, default charge to 2).

Sure I’d like spectral guise and mind soothe back, but I can live, at the very least, if you just give me the original shadowform glyph.
How to fix Shadow,

Void Form >>>> Trash Can

Devouring Plague <<<<< Trash Can.
Feature not implemented.
10/08/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Malyx
How to fix Shadow,

Void Form >>>> Trash Can

Agreed. Part of their design goals going into bfa was to make having perfect secondaries less important vs ilvl and so far with void form that seems impossible. Those who have large amounts of haste will always deal well over 5% they wanted specs to be within vs those who have had crit/mastery on gear. So personally I would love to see void form go away, have mastery become a stronger scaling stat vs haste, and to have fewer situational azerite traits. I will never pick the mind sear trait as it is absolute dumpster fire compared to chorus of insanity or death throes.
Hopefully the silence from the class balance team implies that we have some sort of major rework coming. If it was just small tweaks, tuning, and moving existing spells around, surely they would have a rough sketch to share a la Elemental Shaman. If I were responsible for fixing Shadow, I would not want to share the details of a major rework prematurely, but a minor rework with design and goals well established would be fine to share. Thinking out loud, guess we will see.
Please get rid of Voidform.

As a mechanic, it feels terrible. It doesn't offer much in the way of additional game play (one new spell and some passive haste), and any time you have to move or do a mechanic while you have it going feels really bad since you know that you're wasting the time since you know that you're supposed to care about it. I don't want to feel bad about doing mechanics. Or moving. Or soloing stuff since it feels like every time I pop void form, I immediately kill stuff and have the timer waste away to nothing while I look for more things.

Also, please buff Shadow's sustainability. I've resorted to doing all of my world quests as disc because of how fragile shadow is and how relatively close the dps is to disc in world content. I don't think any other dps has this problem.
10/08/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Malyx
How to fix Shadow,

Void Form >>>> Trash Can

I half agree. While I wouldn't say no to a return of Devouring Plague as a source of burst damage, I wouldn't want to give up Voidform for it. Even in the crippled BfA state we have now I love the Voidform/Insanity based gameplay far more than I ever liked discount Soul Shards- I mean Shadow Orbs.

Your simple reply is enough to show you guys actually know the thread exists and brings me great relief.