State of Shadow, 8.1 Edition

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 42 43 44 52 Next
Can't imagine they will post anything on the weekend though.
I've stopped doing emissaries on this guy. I'm not going to bother keeping him up to date if I don't know if I'll even be playing him come 8.1. I mean they're doing raid testing now. That's the kind of thing you do late in a PTR cycle, after the class changes and new systems have been introduced.
Me, since this is my main, I'll just level an alt or go back to farming old content until there's a fix for shadow- I don't see the point in trying to aim for high end content currently when the spec is really working against me.
10/20/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Louiesse
Can't imagine they will post anything on the weekend though.
Correct. But that won't stop folks praying and hoping. And I don't blame them. Besides, while posts should have "some" quality, it doesnt hurt to bump the thread to keep it ever in the minds of whatever blue may read it, even if they either dont care, or are stumbling drunk through the forum on a Saturday night hoping it makes all the complaints seem more like compliments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11M9CCNGNNw
Not a typical fan of Asmongold; but this video sums up everything with our situation, and the entire system as a whole.
In addition to the above, Bel has some words:
https://youtu.be/hYZ-QBdJEQ4

Considering Bellular is historically diplomatic (in a good way), I think this video really hit the spot in a very deep meaningful criticism for the development of BFA.
I used to think it was humorous people thought we would hit 1000 posts before a (meaningful) blue post. Now I'm terrified we actually are going to do it.
All it would take them is one blue to aknowledge us and let us know when and if we can expect any change, regardless of the depth of those changes.
So, who do you recommend to reroll into? I mean is there any dark-lore-wise caster in this game currently? I'm mostly pvp oriented and warlock is even worse...
Yeah, warlock is subjective (as are most classes). I'd personally avoid them. Demo feels good if you're able to tunnel. Aff feels like !@#$ with the change to Shadow Bolt (the is a drain option, but not very competitive).

Caster without the dark theme, I suppose there's Druid and Shaman with healing OS. For a dark themed melee, there are DK, DH and Rogue (to a degree). I can definitely vouch for Rogue feeling good. I main Outlaw, and the rng doesn't feel near as bad as it was in early Legion. I wasn't impressed with the damage output of DH as it can be very burst dependant (they are very regular), with it feeling somewhat weak between. DK is also subjective with a solid tank spec, but dps specs cash again be subjective.

Can be difficult to find a new main after being %^-*ed over into moving away from what you'd prefer. It's happened to a lot of players this expansion, and know that it's not ok.

But if you're not enjoying the game because of your Avatar, it can be extremely frustrating knowing it's because of bad design.
I check back every few days to hope my favorite spec gets attention it needs. Nothing for all of beta and BfA so far...

Sub running out soon too.
I'm mainly just concerned nothing going to happen and im going to have to fall back to something like feral druid. I like dot based specs its probably my favorite thing in this game. I cant get into affliction and my shadow priest sitting at 360 still feels like crap.

And I was super depressed when I found out I have more fun on a DK than I do on any other class.
oh, you can be SURE nothing is going to happen for us in 8.1 outside of possibly more meaningless percentage buffs. because, you know, we're all like, god if only i did 10% more damage with Mind Sear. i mean, we're rapidly approaching 1000 posts. other class/specs have gotten responses THE NEXT DAY in LESS THAN 10 POSTS. the fact that we get nothing is not a coincidence. they have nothing in the works worth talking about. honestly, i'd rather they hadn't even extended the thread, because saying "we appreciate the feedback" when you obviously do not is just insulting.

less than 20 days left since cancelling my sub. and the toons i have that are not my Priest are pretty much all either getting nerfed constantly or will likely be nerfed.

i wonder what Holinka's return will mean. i know he was/(is?) a multiclasser, but i heard he played Shadow a good bit? hope on the horizon?

i'm sure some people would laugh, but i think the only thing that might get me to resub is surprise playable Vulpera in 8.1 or ASAP afterwards, or awesome Forsaken heritage armor.

i have NEVER cancelled my sub in the first YEAR of an expansion. this is barely 2 months. it's gonna take something kind of crazy and it's gonna need to arrive SOON at this point for me to get this disgusted taste out of my mouth.
You know I'm not even that concerned about damage anymore. Shadow apparently scales well. I'm not topping charts in M Uldir progression but I don't feel like dead weight now (like I did on heroic progression). I gave up on M+ progression though, I still feel like dead weight on bosses and I have no utility. "But that one thing in that one dungeon"! Right. And can we address silence? The CD is stupid long even with the talent.

On every single pull now I feel like I'm battling against myself. Against Mind Sear and VB coming up at the same time, against the GCD as I fill with MF, and every time a random mechanic gets me in VF (and guts my DPS). I still don't feel like I bring anything to the table either, average damage maybe, and ZERO utility.

I just don't get it, druids and shamans have a ton of utility.

Maybe if Vampiric Embrace and Dispersion (it should be an immunity) were actually useful to someone else we'd be on to something.

I don't have the patience to get an alt to where my priest is at in terms of character progression and frankly I just want to play my priest anyway. I REALLY want to be desirable for groups again. I won't spend another patch like this playing. I'm done, out, gone if shadow is unchanged in 8.1.
Honestly, at this point I'm very !@#$ing surprised the developers have said NOTHING about the spec. In relative terms it has be a very long time since Beta for Azeroth started. If you're expecting meaningful changes in 8.1. you're going to be sorely disappointed. At the very best they're going to shuffle some numbers.

Sad.
10/21/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Sathralan
I used to think it was humorous people thought we would hit 1000 posts before a (meaningful) blue post. Now I'm terrified we actually are going to do it.
All it would take them is one blue to aknowledge us and let us know when and if we can expect any change, regardless of the depth of those changes.

It happened in the legion version of this thread lol. In fact, I don’t think that one ever even got a legitimate blue post (cap extending one not included).
You guys are getting the "Let's Talk" treatment that hunters got in Legion...
10/21/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Rockford
Yeah, warlock is subjective (as are most classes). I'd personally avoid them. Demo feels good if you're able to tunnel. Aff feels like !@#$ with the change to Shadow Bolt (the is a drain option, but not very competitive).

Caster without the dark theme, I suppose there's Druid and Shaman with healing OS. For a dark themed melee, there are DK, DH and Rogue (to a degree). I can definitely vouch for Rogue feeling good. I main Outlaw, and the rng doesn't feel near as bad as it was in early Legion. I wasn't impressed with the damage output of DH as it can be very burst dependant (they are very regular), with it feeling somewhat weak between. DK is also subjective with a solid tank spec, but dps specs cash again be subjective.

Can be difficult to find a new main after being %^-*ed over into moving away from what you'd prefer. It's happened to a lot of players this expansion, and know that it's not ok.

But if you're not enjoying the game because of your Avatar, it can be extremely frustrating knowing it's because of bad design.

I've leveled a warlock but it's not geared in any way. I don't mind shadow bolt at all but I'm not a fan of the deathbolt build but sadly it blows the other options out of the park right now. I do enjoy demo and destro though even if they're a bit behind aff. I do like dot specs/classes in games though so my options are kind of limited when it comes to ranged lol. I haven't really liked balance since MoP.
I started screwing around with mage I'd prefer if blizzard actually just addressed the issues shadow is having and I'd play this instead.
30 days and 43 pages of comments suggesting spec changes and people agree and bumping the thread and complete radio silence from Blizzard, it's like they aren't even trying anymore
Been following this thread for a while now, and see nothing firm on changes, good thing my raid needs a priest or I would be out.