State of Shadow, 8.1 Edition

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 50 51 52 Next
Thread needs extending so more feedback can be ignored...
Bump ! need to fix shadow priest dps, not good in aoe and not good on single target
even when questing, maybe be able to use base healing spell when unshadow, boost dmg from mindflay or semething
11/07/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Patrioteqc
Bump ! need to fix shadow priest dps, not good in aoe and not good on single target
even when questing, maybe be able to use base healing spell when unshadow, boost dmg from mindflay or semething

Oooh nice, thread's been uncapped again.

To your points, I'd love flash heal back over shadow mend. Absolutely love it. But a mind flay damage buff is absolutely the last thing we need right now, I'd honestly be happy to see mind flay nerfed (Not sear) and some of the damage put back into our dots.
I'd prefer to see more dot damage for sure.

Still wish we could get some of the rotational flaws looked at. I'd also like to figure out how we can be better in M+.
11/07/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Hpellipsis
11/07/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Patrioteqc

Oooh nice, thread's been uncapped again.

To your points, I'd love flash heal back over shadow mend. Absolutely love it. But a mind flay damage buff is absolutely the last thing we need right now, I'd honestly be happy to see mind flay nerfed (Not sear) and some of the damage put back into our dots.

yeah flash heal as a base spell usable every spec, druid can do it, priest are more skishy , add dot dmg ,
Woo thread cap raised again. Let's see if they care after 1500 posts!
11/07/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Yvaelle

Remember the MM hunter vulnerability mechanic thread from legion beta?

Took them 1 expansion to realize it wasn't good.... at all.
11/07/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Beefköw
11/07/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Yvaelle

Remember the MM hunter vulnerability mechanic thread from legion beta?

Took them 1 expansion to realize it wasn't good.... at all.

We've had Voidform for more than 1 expansion now, so any day now they'll hear us! :D
#prunevoidform
5 weeks for 8.1, and there's nothing significant on the PTR until now. I'm having a bad feeling about this...
11/08/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Cryptcrowley
5 weeks for 8.1, and there's nothing significant on the PTR until now. I'm having a bad feeling about this...

With any luck I'm sure they can come up with something for shadow.

"We ran out of time to do any development for 8.1, so here is a new battle pet.

Big changes coming in 8.2! Stay tuned!"
:/
11/08/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Yvaelle

Bet you 10k gold that those big changes will be more pet battles achievements, more mounts, some store items, and other stuff that should have been in the game since launch.
11/08/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Crosshairs

Bet you 10k gold that those big changes will be more pet battles achievements, more mounts, some store items, and other stuff that should have been in the game since launch.

I would definitely Not take that bet :)

They didn't run out of time for 8.1, they said they wanted to make a few changes, they did. There was never a big rework, there won't be one in 8.2 either. Rework of shadow likely in 9.0 with new expansion.

I'm not happy about it either, but it didn't exactly come out of the blue.
11/09/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Hpellipsis

They didn't run out of time for 8.1, they said they wanted to make a few changes, they did. There was never a big rework, there won't be one in 8.2 either. Rework of shadow likely in 9.0 with new expansion.

They said the spec wasn't finished in Beta, but it would be in 8.1, we expected them to finish it. Given the state of shadow, it's understandable we expected big changes to make it enjoyable: because it's a long way off right now.

They extended Voidforms duration a couple seconds and called it a day. That they didn't finish it in Beta is embarrassing, that they did effectively ~nothing to fix it in 8.1 is worthy of the communities outrage.
11/09/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Yvaelle
11/09/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Hpellipsis

They said the spec wasn't finished in Beta, but it would be in 8.1, we expected them to finish it. Given the state of shadow, it's understandable we expected big changes to make it enjoyable: because it's a long way off right now.

They extended Voidforms duration a couple seconds and called it a day. That they didn't finish it in Beta is embarrassing, that they did effectively ~nothing to fix it in 8.1 is worthy of the communities outrage.

Certainly. People are well within their right to be justifiably annoyed that this is what shadow is getting for 8.1 and seemingly the rest of the expansion, pending a conceptual rebuild one would really hope is timetabled for 9.0. Just want to try and avoid the "we were lied to" narrative a lot are taking in response to 8.1 changes and the rumours of a "major rework" that seem to have come into existence through sheer willpower alone.
Based on the enhance changes, we're stuck with what we got. Looks like I'll remain unsubbed for the foreseeable future.