Streaking stars nerfed hard, Balance is dead.

Druid
09/25/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Holybullogna

For ppl with 3x SS, buffing starsurge and Starfall will still be a loss in dmg. Mind you, we aren’t blowing up meters even with the pre-nerfed version of SS outside of short fights.

[/quote]

That's literally nobody though, since the 3rd StrS isn't worth losing out on Reorigination Array, and Reorigination Array gets stronger every week.

Only place people were using 3xSS was in M+. Take a look at rankings, very few people using 3xSS, and that will be zero next week with an extra stack of reorigination array.

The changes will be damage neutral for ppl with 2xss (but burst will be worst so people might still use 2xSS for Ghuun etc).
Lively spirit is now the best dps trait even with the solar/lunar trait buffs. They nerf one cooldown based trait leaving everyone to go to the next one that is more reliant on healers and bad game play. Time to reroll.
09/25/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Pudgypants
Lively spirit is now the best dps trait even with the solar/lunar trait buffs. They nerf one cooldown based trait leaving everyone to go to the next one that is more reliant on healers and bad game play. Time to reroll.

Why would that make you reroll?

We got a buff to starsurge and starfall to compensate for the nerf to steaking stars, which is a DPS buff to boomkins running any combination of traits that isn't 3x streaking stars.
09/25/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Aewendil
09/25/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Pudgypants

Why would that make you reroll?

We got a buff to starsurge and starfall to compensate for the nerf to steaking stars, which is a DPS buff to boomkins running any combination of traits that isn't 3x streaking stars.
Because I was suffering through the current balance spec as it was waiting to see what blizzard would do and this change clearly shows blizzard has no idea what to do with the spec. We were mediocre as it was and this doesn't help anything. You are nerfing our only mediocre burst trait so we can be mediocre in sustained damage.

Wait for sims to come out that show lively spirit is far and ahead the best trait to be using. It just promotes terrible game play.
09/24/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Unclejuice
09/24/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Creamcheese
did you read the part where we get a 15% damage increase on our starsurge and starfall now?

Go through your logs. Look at what 40% of your streaking stars damage is, and look at what 15% of your starsurge damage is. It is a nerf. The buff doesn't come close to covering the lost damage.

I looked at my logs and SS was consistently 7-8%, so this is going to cost me something like 3%. Starsurge is about 22%, so I'll gain about 3%. Fetid and Vectis is a little more. HOWEVER, I'm running only 2x SS. So anybody running 3 is eating a 1-1.5% nerf.

The other traits both kind of suck even after the buffs, so I hope you have 3 x Archives.
09/25/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Kirlonthasha
09/24/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Unclejuice

Go through your logs. Look at what 40% of your streaking stars damage is, and look at what 15% of your starsurge damage is. It is a nerf. The buff doesn't come close to covering the lost damage.

I looked at my logs and SS was consistently 7-8%, so this is going to cost me something like 3%. Starsurge is about 22%, so I'll gain about 3%. Fetid and Vectis is a little more. HOWEVER, I'm running only 2x SS. So anybody running 3 is eating a 1-1.5% nerf.

The other traits both kind of suck even after the buffs, so I hope you have 3 x Archives.

Anybody running 3 doesn't have Reorigination Array.
09/25/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Aewendil

Anybody running 3 doesn't have Reorigination Array.

there is raid.....then there is EVERYTHING ELSE. no one is saying they were using 3xSS in raid. no one has for a while now, you use 1 uldir piece and 2xSS.

What is the most sad thing is that they basically just sidestepped the real issue with balance which is the rotation. Now that SS is essentially nerfed into unusable, we have no good azerite traits that alter our completely braindead rotation.
09/25/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Aewendil
09/25/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Holybullogna

For ppl with 3x SS, buffing starsurge and Starfall will still be a loss in dmg. Mind you, we aren’t blowing up meters even with the pre-nerfed version of SS outside of short fights.

That's literally nobody though, since the 3rd StrS isn't worth losing out on Reorigination Array, and Reorigination Array gets stronger every week.

Only place people were using 3xSS was in M+. Take a look at rankings, very few people using 3xSS, and that will be zero next week with an extra stack of reorigination array.

The changes will be damage neutral for ppl with 2xss (but burst will be worst so people might still use 2xSS for Ghuun etc).

Literally nobody?
-1 for misusing “literally”

There are a group of ppl, like myself, who don’t like raiding or find it difficult to PUG. My guild clears mythic, but my work schedule is not great for gaming. Which is why I love m+.

Once I’m able to get into a decent heroic raid, I’ll have more options. SS was my best option.
It's like they learned nothing from Legion at the start The Emerald Dreamcatcher was about 75k-100k dps increase. I got and within 3 days it was nerfed this expac I don't see SS till I get a 370 chest from the warfront cache and in a week SS gets nerfed.

Both xpacs moonkins at the start were less than wanted and were dependent on legendary/trait to be viable for higher end content. Maybe the issue is locking the power of a class behind a system that a player has no control of . Get rid of azerite like you did with legendaries and bring back talent tree where the player can have control again not rng on rng on rng on rng with bad luck protection.
It's an overall buff. Having SS be Balance druids' most valuable azerite trait is unhealthy for the scaling of the spec. Sure, a 40% nerf is massive, but they buffed a few other traits and the 15% buff on starsurge and starfall is much bigger than you guys are giving it credit for. Sure, maybe a 15% damage buff on Starfall/Starsurge doesn't add up to the 40% nerf on SS with YOUR CURRENT ITEM LEVEL[i][/i], but Starfall/Starsurge scales with ilvl and SS doesn't. The whole point of this change was to make it an actual dps increase to get higher ilvl (15% damage buff on starsurge/starfall benefit greatly for this) instead of azerite pieces of 30 ilvls lower performing better, because that's not how the game was supposed to be designed.
It's an overall buff. Having SS be Balance druids' most valuable azerite trait is unhealthy for the scaling of the spec. Sure, a 40% nerf is massive, but they buffed a few other traits and the 15% buff on starsurge and starfall is much bigger than you guys are giving it credit for. Sure, maybe a 15% damage buff on Starfall/Starsurge doesn't add up to the 40% nerf on SS, but Starfall/Starsurge scales with ilvl and SS doesn't. The whole point of this change was to make it an actual dps increase to get higher ilvl (15% damage buff on starsurge/starfall benefit greatly for this) instead of azerite pieces of 30 ilvls lower performing better, because that's not how the game was supposed to be designed.

It will be a buff in a lot of situations, but a big nerf in short duration single target as well as single target nerf in general.

I like where they are going, just feel like more needs to happen concurrently with this change.
Before the hotfixes, I was sustaining 18K dps on training dummy with my current gear. This is coming from 2x SS + AotT. The intellect boost alone from the 370 ilvl pieces before re origination array is big. Add into this the damage bonuses from Dawning Sun and Starsurge buff and it would be just fine. I will try again later when I am back from work but curious to see what other people are doing.
09/25/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Littie
It's an overall buff. Having SS be Balance druids' most valuable azerite trait is unhealthy for the scaling of the spec. Sure, a 40% nerf is massive, but they buffed a few other traits and the 15% buff on starsurge and starfall is much bigger than you guys are giving it credit for. Sure, maybe a 15% damage buff on Starfall/Starsurge doesn't add up to the 40% nerf on SS with YOUR CURRENT ITEM LEVEL[i][/i], but Starfall/Starsurge scales with ilvl and SS doesn't. The whole point of this change was to make it an actual dps increase to get higher ilvl (15% damage buff on starsurge/starfall benefit greatly for this) instead of azerite pieces of 30 ilvls lower performing better, because that's not how the game was supposed to be designed.
You do realize that lively spirit is now the best trait outside of raids. So now a chunk of our damage is entirely dependent on a utility based spell meant to help healers. This isn't about nerf/buff rather the complete !@# backwards approach they are taking to our mind numbing game play
Stop using lively spirit. Simulations have a perfect usage of that trait and even then it is not a big difference from other traits. Why would you choose the clunkiest, hardest, and utility wrecking trait for a tiny increase in dps IF used perfectly. Most likely you will end up with lower DPS than the alternative choice since your healer partner won't use it the way you want. It also creates a whole issue of timing it for BL on pull and such.
Just because that crappy rotation of triple stacking Streaking Stars is dead(thank god), it doesn't mean that we're dead too.
Yes, SS was the only thing going for us really, but I don't think there has been enough testing with the new baseline buffs, uldir azerite piece buffs, and the sunblaze/DS buffs, for people to real declare Boomys dead.

People need to actually spend some time getting pieces with new traits and testing it out before declaring us dead, and I simply don't think enough ppl are/have tested it out to even claim it's dead. I'm actually going to spend a lot of time tonight testing........i'm excited, because weaving Starsurges in between a LS and SW rotation focused around Sunblaze and DS, sounds so much more entertaining than freaking SS. So even if our DPS ends up just barely improving, or breaking even, I'll be happy that we've moved away from SS bursting nonsense just for our dps to sink like a rock.
I think we'll probably need more after this, but I also think we don't get it.

This is clearly a Melee and Hunter expansion atm and the devs clearly don't gaf to change that.
I just wish they'd throw a little something into our builders. There's been a running joke in our guild since Legion equating some stuff about Druids to pasta, as our Feral Druid had "spaghetti" arms because of all the things that would buff her reach.

So today I said it fees like I'm basically throwing spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, noodle, MEATBALL and the sun and moonfires are just the sauce they all swim in. It's fine to have more powerful meatballs to hit with, I'd just like to also feel like the pasta is impactful like an uncooked lasagna noodle rather than what we're tossing out now when doing single target stuff.

Most of my solo play ends up just being AoE stuff is just grab a bunch of mobs and shower them in sauces and ground meat anyway since targetting a single mob just feels painful. I like the rotation, I just wish it had more sting.
I fully retract my previous statement. With the current combination (2x 370s Archive + 1x 340 SS) I am breaking even. Can't feel the nerf but I also cant feel any buff.
09/25/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Bigwhite
I fully retract my previous statement. With the current combination (2x 370s Archive + 1x 340 SS) I am breaking even. Can't feel the nerf but I also cant feel any buff.

OP said you were dead though? Like nerfed TO THE GROUND.

Holy !@#$ these forums are cancer.

Maybe now blizz can do a little more favaroable tuning now that people will start equipping higher ilvl pieces.
09/25/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Hätebreeder
09/25/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Bigwhite

OP said you were dead though? Like nerfed TO THE GROUND.

Holy !@#$ these forums are cancer.

Maybe now blizz can do a little more favaroable tuning now that people will start equipping higher ilvl pieces.

lol.

Yeah no, anyone who wasn't overly dramatic or trolling knew it wasn't going to be some massive nerf to boomys overall. The real fear always was that even after this damage buff and SS nerf, we might just break even with our dps before.....and not really improve.
i'm going to test a rotation around Sunblaze, DS, and SS/Archive myself tomorrow and see if I end up breaking even or doing better. I hpe better, but even if i break even, I will much more enjoy a rotation that doesn't include a giant freaking tease.........which is all SS was, you were teased with 30k burst just to sink like a rock to 10k.