So did anyone get more than 1 piece from Mythic+ chest?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
1200 Azerite
365 belt with my two best secondary stats.
+5 key.. I think it should have been higher, but, meh.

So.. I'm good.
1 gear
09/11/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Vorlith
09/11/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Alareiel

Thousands? How many people play this game and where are you getting your data from? I see you have no source other than anecdotal evidence.

So assuming your presumption is true and there still is 12 million subs active, and let’s assume half that population has done M+ last week, and based on your “thousands” of people not being 10’s of thousands, let’s assume 9,000 out of 4 million people because maybe 6 mil is too high, that leaves us with is .002% of the population opening chests. 4 million too high? Sure maybe, let’s go with 1 million people opening chest. O that is .009% of the population. So again I don’t see your complaint as being valid and rather childish.

Not a single person in game on Stormage the most popular alliance server. Not a single person on these forums. Not a single person in the chat filled with thousands of people.

But yeah, keep acting like the sample size isn't big enough. Even if it was only 100 people it would be enough to prove the system is broken.

Basically what you're arguing is "No no it isn't bugged it's just so rare that thousands of people just opened their chest and not a single one got multiple pieces! Working as intended! Good job Blizzard!"

Again with the anecdotal evidence. I am not saying that it isn’t a bug, I am saying that you are basing your argument on anecdotal evidence and until I see an official post from blizz saying it is a bug, at which point I will admit I was wrong, I am telling you that your argument is weak and unsubstantiated.
The feedback on the beta forums was that getting multiple pieces of loot was fun. That was the beta feedback blizurd dealt with.
09/11/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Tunkaningan
09/11/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Alareiel

Also you didn’t complete a +10 last week. Not on that character anyway and until you show me a character that you did complete a +10 on, I am not going to listen to what you have to say.

I did a +9 does that count?

He's going to keep trying to figure out ways to defend his stupid argument. Fact is an hour into the reset not a single reported instance of multiple pieces of gear. And now wowhead is reporting that Blizzard went back on the multiple peices of gear.

Thanks for the communication Blizzard!
09/11/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Alareiel
09/11/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Vorlith

Not a single person in game on Stormage the most popular alliance server. Not a single person on these forums. Not a single person in the chat filled with thousands of people.

But yeah, keep acting like the sample size isn't big enough. Even if it was only 100 people it would be enough to prove the system is broken.

Basically what you're arguing is "No no it isn't bugged it's just so rare that thousands of people just opened their chest and not a single one got multiple pieces! Working as intended! Good job Blizzard!"

Again with the anecdotal evidence. I am not saying that it isn’t a bug, I am saying that you are basing your argument on anecdotal evidence and until I see an official post from blizz saying it is a bug, at which point I will admit I was wrong, I am telling you that your argument is weak and unsubstantiated.

Let's see how strong your argument is.

"It's only been an hour worth of people opening chests and not a single reported multiple gear drop. Totally not a big enough sample size!"
I ran two M2 last week and didn't finish one - was a pug where the healer bailed due to bedtime... Anyways. I got a 355 warforged dagger and a M2 Tol Dagor. I'm content as I planned ahead and had a weapon enchant already in the bank.

BTW - weapon RNG has been good to me - almost too good as weapon enchants are expensive. I've replaced four daggers over the last week or so (325s to 340s and now 355/340 with better stats). Atleast only the 340s were enchanted.
09/11/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Vorlith
09/11/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Alareiel

"It's only been an hour worth of people opening chests and not a single reported multiple gear drop. Totally not a big enough sample size!"

Dude you are the one making the claim and providing no hard data. I am sorry that you do not understand that. I am telling you that anecdotal evidence is not enough to base your argument on. You are misconstruing or just plain not reading what I am writing.

Also the level of key doesn’t determine how much loot you get. The reason I pointed out to one other player he didn’t complete a +10 when a quick search on raider.io shows that he did not do a +10 means he lied about doing the content and that drives me nuts.
09/11/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Alareiel
09/11/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Vorlith

Dude you are the one making the claim and providing no hard data. I am sorry that you do not understand that. I am telling you that anecdotal evidence is not enough to base your argument on. You are misconstruing or just plain not reading what I am writing.

Also the level of key doesn’t determine how much loot you get. The reason I pointed out to one other player he didn’t complete a +10 when a quick search on raider.io shows that he did not do a +10 means he lied about doing the content and that drives me nuts.

Thousands of people doing something and nobody having it happen isnt anecdotal. Not when it comes to something that would NEVER have this low or chance to happen.
09/11/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Alareiel
09/11/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Foluntas
LOL, 12 million subs? If there's even 1/4 of that number I'd be surprised. There's a reason they don't report numbers anymore.

That is the last data we have access too.

Yeah because it cratered if it went back up to that number they would be trumpeting it everywhere.
09/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Lesud
I ran two M2 last week and didn't finish one - was a pug where the healer bailed due to bedtime... Anyways. I got a 355 warforged dagger and a M2 Tol Dagor. I'm content as I planned ahead and had a weapon enchant already in the bank.

BTW - weapon RNG has been good to me - almost too good as weapon enchants are expensive. I've replaced four daggers over the last week or so (325s to 340s and now 355/340 with better stats). Atleast only the 340s were enchanted.

Wish I had your luck for weapons. I did a WQ and got a 330 staff yesterday. I had a 340 with a 300 offhand. If I get a nice offhand, I can put the 340 back on.
I am telling you that anecdotal evidence is not enough to base your argument on.
The problem is that all it takes is one person to say "I got 2 pieces" and this entire conversation is done. 70 responses and over an hour of time, waiting for just one person on the GD forums (or Wowhead, or MMO-Champion) to say otherwise.

That hasn't happened. No, it does not prove it. But it looks very likely that having more than one item dropped in the Beta was not intentional, and that Blizzard changed it for release without saying anything (which is becoming par for the course).

As a non-raider who prefers Mythic+, this is a huge blow to my motivation to continue playing.
09/11/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Vorlith

Thousands of people doing something and nobody having it happen isnt anecdotal. Not when it comes to something that would NEVER have this low or chance to happen.

Yes it is anecdotal evidence.

“Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. ”

In this case what only you see from a small sample size.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287074/new-events-in-wow-for-september-11-mythic-uldir-increased-item-level-in-pvp-and-

Also I was wrong. All you had to do was post this link as your evidence because we know that wowhead has been a reliable source of information and argument settled, but for some reason you have a hard time understand the concept of evidence.
09/11/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Vorlith

Thousands of people reporting a system not working like it was supposed to. Sorry people are upset over a bug or being lied to. This makes it absolutely ridiculous to farm azerite gear.

Thousands? How many people play this game and where are you getting your data from? I see you have no source other than anecdotal evidence.

So assuming your presumption is true and there still is 12 million subs active, and let’s assume half that population has done M+ last week, and based on your “thousands” of people not being 10’s of thousands, let’s assume 9,000 out of 4 million people because maybe 6 mil is too high, that leaves us with is .002% of the population opening chests. 4 million too high? Sure maybe, let’s go with 1 million people opening chest. O that is .009% of the population. So again I don’t see your complaint as being valid and rather childish.

"Your evidence is anecdotal!"
*Proceeds to pull numbers out of his !@#*

Cute rational thinking there. Just put a bunch of numbers in your paragraph, that'll make it seem like you are sensible.

Fact: No one but blizz would have the statistical data. The only thing people can go off of are anecdotal reports from players.

If even a single player were to report to the contrary and have some screenshot of their loot, then OP's claims would be completely debunked. But until then we have to operate with the situation that the players are reporting in droves in support of OP's claim. I haven't opened my chest either - and wish that OP was wrong, but doubt that OP is wrong.
09/11/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Alareiel
09/11/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Vorlith

Yes it is anecdotal evidence.

“Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. ”

In this case what only you see from a small sample size.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287074/new-events-in-wow-for-september-11-mythic-uldir-increased-item-level-in-pvp-and-

Also I was wrong. All you had to do was post this link as your evidence because we know that wowhead has been a reliable source of information and argument settled, but for some reason you have a hard time understand the concept of evidence.

The evidence I have is the exact same evidence wowhead is using to report that.
09/11/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Vorlith
Haven't seen an instance of someone getting more than one piece yet.

i thought we would get an azerite piece and another non azerite piece. How are you supposed to get the azerite armor if you can't get it in the dungeon's cache but have to wait for the weekly. that seems like an insanely low % if you're hunting specific traits.
09/11/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Alareiel
09/11/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Taurencal

Even if it was less than the "1000s" he claims, it still means blizzard has changed the system.

The old system was 1 non-azerite gear, 1 azerite gear guaranteed. 1 non-azerite gear at a chance.

Currently, NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT, its becoming 1 gear guaranteed, 1 gear at a chance.

Similarly, this is the forums. Unfortunatly, since we aren't blizzard, we don't have anything other than anecdotal evidence. However, considering there as not been 1 person who said they got 2 pieces of gear with a key, I'm willing to put my eggs on the side that this is a problem.

Also you didn’t complete a +10 last week. Not on that character anyway and until you show me a character that you did complete a +10 on, I am not going to listen to what you have to say.

Dude, look at my boots, See that little thing that says "Mythic 10".
09/11/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Darkbro

"Your evidence is anecdotal!"
*Proceeds to pull numbers out of his !@#*

Cute rational thinking there. Just put a bunch of numbers in your paragraph, that'll make it seem like you are sensible.

Fact: No one but blizz would have the statistical data. The only thing people can go off of are anecdotal reports from players.

If even a single player were to report to the contrary and have some screenshot of their loot, then OP's claims would be completely debunked. But until then we have to operate with the situation that the players are reporting in droves in support of OP's claim. I haven't opened my chest either - and wish that OP was wrong, but doubt that OP is wrong.

I didn’t claim it to be the facts, I used 12 million people as a baseline because that is the last data we had on sub numbers from blizz and wittled down from there and feel I was fairly generous with my assumption. I even used the word assumption. I never said that it was fact, because we can make deductiosns. It would be different if I said “these are the actual numbers.” But I didn’t.

Also I did admit I was wrong. I had to go find the information myself instead of it being presented to me, but apparently that is how claims on this forum work. The person making the claim doesn’t have to provide evidence for it and everyone has to go searching for it themselves.
I got 1 piece from my M+
and 1 piece from my PvP chest

safe to say u cant get more than 1 piece.