Mythic+ Is an Absolute Mess

General Discussion
What a total mess M+ is! Spent a whole hour trying to get into a +6, something that's commonly asked for ilvls 350+. Do I get an invite? Nope, everybody is busy looking for high ilvls for a carry.

An entire hour later, I finally get into one. One with high ilvls by the way. We wipe three times on the first couple pulls of trash in Underrot. Caused by the tank taking the right path next to all the ticks which he never bothered pulling, allowing for our idiot hunter to make the error of pulling them.

The hell is up with tanks that take the riskier paths? No matter how easy they are, someone always pulls and wipes the group.

Next, I try to upgrade my key. Start my own groups. It's off to a rocky start. People tunnel visioning mechanics, pulling unnecessary stuff, tanks going down stupid paths instead of the easier ones, etc. Then I get cut off at +5 because everyone's apparently universally retarded at M+ above 4.

TLDR;
People in M+ are just overglorified LFR heroes that should never step foot in a raid, ever. M+ is just something to avoid like the plague.

As for the incoming "git gud" comments.. I'd love to try! But damn, doesn't most of this playerbase make that impossible when they themselves are well beyond a concave skulled monkey.
Cool rant bro
join a guild.
use the tools given and add players that dont suck to your friends list.

"BE SOCIAL? EWWW NO!!!"

yes. be social. add them.
?
PuG'ing content has PuG results.

Sometimes it is great, most times it sucks.
09/23/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Fuze
join a guild.
use the tools given and add players that dont suck to your friends list.

"BE SOCIAL? EWWW NO!!!"

yes. be social. add them.

It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I've been raiding with a guild for a few expansions now that aren't from my server. They're excellent players! Friendly too. But the sad thing is they're all active late at night for me.

I'd go out and search for another guild or group of people but like I said.. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. It's as if players have gotten worse since the introduction of M+.
invest in raider.io and only take people with high scores for your groups

also I recommend you go tank mythic+ just to remove the entire stress of trying to find groups as a dps. I always pug as Disc on my Spriest main.
This actually seems to be even worse than in Legion and I can only assume it’s the over abundance of welfare epics dropping from literally everything.

A HUGE portion of the playerbase seems to think that their ilevel = their skill level and they don’t want to “waste time” doing a +2 that won’t drop loot better than their AFK Warfront gear so they try to slide into a +5 and completely ruin your key because they’re keyboard turning and clicking.

We really need proving grounds back as a gate for M+.
You're drowned in seas of 360-375. Under what logic should a group risk taking you as the dps among the higher level?

While iLvl is no indication of skill I believe anyone who can attain 360+ has done enough high level mythic and raids and it indirectly vouch their experience and awareness.
09/23/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Stardrift
What a total mess M+ is! Spent a whole hour trying to get into a +6, something that's commonly asked for ilvls 350+. Do I get an invite? Nope, everybody is busy looking for high ilvls for a carry.

An entire hour later, I finally get into one. One with high ilvls by the way. We wipe three times on the first couple pulls of trash in Underrot. Caused by the tank taking the right path next to all the ticks which he never bothered pulling, allowing for our idiot hunter to make the error of pulling them.

The hell is up with tanks that take the riskier paths? No matter how easy they are, someone always pulls and wipes the group.

Next, I try to upgrade my key. Start my own groups. It's off to a rocky start. People tunnel visioning mechanics, pulling unnecessary stuff, tanks going down stupid paths instead of the easier ones, etc. Then I get cut off at +5 because everyone's apparently universally retarded at M+ above 4.

TLDR;
People in M+ are just overglorified LFR heroes that should never step foot in a raid, ever. M+ is just something to avoid like the plague.

As for the incoming "git gud" comments.. I'd love to try! But damn, doesn't most of this playerbase make that impossible when they themselves are well beyond a concave skulled monkey.

You have 1 kill on the first 3 bosses in Uldir at the moment. You hardly have room to call others "overglorified LFR heroes that should never step foot in a raid, ever."

Also, it's not the tank's fault for not pulling the ticks in Underrot, assuming we're talking about it being this week. In higher Mythic+ keys, bloodtick groups *must* be avoided because of the sheer amount of damage they put out on the tank and the group. This is further exacerbated with it being Fortified + Teeming this week. If the tank pulls it, they're gonna die unless they're a paladin who can bubble off the stacks after. I know this as a healer who put out 25k+ HPS on one of these pulls, and the tank STILL died after from the DoT they left behind. It's just not worth the trouble when you can skip it all.

Tanks also pick "riskier" paths because it's a Mythic+. There's a timer. Can you take a "safer" path where you slowly clear every single group in your way with CC? Sure. But you definitely aren't going to make the timer if you do, nor should it be something to expect of someone else when it's not YOUR key that's going to be downgraded because of it. Incidentally, it's also why raider.io checks are a thing to make sure players have experience in these dungeons (and hence not pulling extra when they don't need to), and probably why you kept being declined from joining groups.
Seeing so many advertisements for carrys and we are only in the first raid. Anyone still think that WoW, at least in raiding, isn't p2w?

World of Carrycraft it is.
09/23/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Miroslav

TLDR;

You have 1 kill on the first 3 bosses in Uldir at the moment. You hardly have room to call others "overglorified LFR heroes that should never step foot in a raid, ever."

Also, it's not the tank's fault for not pulling the ticks in Underrot, assuming we're talking about it being this week. In higher Mythic+ keys, bloodtick groups *must* be avoided because of the sheer amount of damage they put out on the tank and the group. This is further exacerbated with it being Fortified + Teeming this week. If the tank pulls it, they're gonna die unless they're a paladin who can bubble off the stacks after. I know this as a healer who put out 25k+ HPS on one of these pulls, and the tank STILL died after from the DoT they left behind. It's just not worth the trouble when you can skip it all.

Tanks also pick "riskier" paths because it's a Mythic+. There's a timer. Can you take a "safer" path where you slowly clear every single group in your way with CC? Sure. But you definitely aren't going to make the timer if you do, nor should it be something to expect of someone else when it's not YOUR key that's going to be downgraded because of it. Incidentally, it's also why raider.io checks are a thing to make sure players have experience in these dungeons (and hence not pulling extra when they don't need to), and probably why you kept being declined from joining groups.

Except the other paths are exactly the same length as the path these tanks are taking. The start of underrot, to be specific in what I just experienced.

You also failed to mention I have 0 LFR kills. I'd be raiding more right now but my group, like I said, are more active during late nights. That should've indicated something. I've been given early shifts at work lately, forcing me to hold back on raiding.
In previous expansions, I've cleared heroic with this group. Check my AoTC achieves since you like scanning through people's progresses.

He probably took the right path because it alternates right and left which side has more adds. He probably saw the right side had less adds. Also how is that the tanks fault for the bugs being pulled? Any tank with half a brain skips those bugs because of how much damage they blow up for.

09/23/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Stardrift
Except the other paths are exactly the same length as the path these tanks are taking. The start of underrot, to be specific in what I just experienced.

You are wrong. They are the same length but they spawn a different amount of mobs. On one run the left might have more mobs. On another the right might have more. You need to use your eyes and look to see which path is better based on mobs that spawned. Yes, its random every single time.
Some of the dungeons this week are just really rough for pugging with fortified and teeming

Last week I cleared multiple +7 and above Atal Dazar runs within the time. This week I have managed to complete 1 within the fiber.
As for the incoming "git gud" comments.. I'd love to try!

yeah git gud and make some in-game friends

TLDR;

Man...honestly this is just a terrible week to get into mythic+. Last week did plenty of +10-12s and had a good time. This week if I do anything above a 8 I get a major headache. It won't be like this every week.
With loot Pinata front and LFR... Plus normal runs of raids and heroic sales. It is easy get that ilvl if you are not social person. But if you're it is even much easier. You seem to not know how an mmo works. It is the same across every mmo once you label armor and weapons with a score.
09/23/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Stardrift
It's as if players have gotten worse since the introduction of M+.

players haven't gotten worse, this is just a side effect of the design

wow since wod has been ALL about inclusion, the theory is 'if more people have access to more content everyone will have more fun!'

but it's stupid

when it's extremely easy to get 360 ilvl for literally any type of player
TF/WF world quester
someone with insane luck in base mythics
someone with insane luck in lfr
(not that insane ive done 0 raids and a handful of pluses on my alt it's 364)

when casuals have access to this gear then you invite them thinking "nice it's 350 ilvl content lets go" chances are they're god awful at the game

you used to be able to tell how invested someone was in the game by their ilvl, their profession bonuses, and their transmog

now i s2g i get into a group with some guy hes a 367 warlock or ret paladin
literally no transmog
does literally 3k dps
doesnt say a word the entire dungeon, pulling everything in sight
still doing 3k dps
gets lost twice

accessibility means 500 players instead of 50
but 450 of those players arnt worth playing with

09/23/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Falstra
It is the same across every mmo once you label armor and weapons with a score.

the problem isnt labeling armor with a score, the problem is giving avenues that require low effort under the guise of "multiple gearing paths!" to bad players
thus disguising them

this all adds up to multiple frustrating scenarios creating what we have now
a system where people are so tired of awful players with full titanforged gear that they ask for 370 ilvl for a +2 because it's not worth taking the chance inviting players even 20 ilvl above the contents design but instead going 40 ilvl over the contents design to be safe
09/23/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Stardrift

You also failed to mention I have 0 LFR kills. I'd be raiding more right now but my group, like I said, are more active during late nights. That should've indicated something. I've been given early shifts at work lately, forcing me to hold back on raiding.
In previous expansions, I've cleared heroic with this group. Check my AoTC achieves since you like scanning through people's progresses.

There are literally 3 packs of blood ticks. Two at start, and one after the first boss. All are easily skippable, and should be skipped, especially on Teeming + Fortified this week. There is absolutely no reason to risk wipes on your group with them that'd add further death penalties on your timer, and I've already explained how deadly these ticks are to groups. Don't blame the tank if your hunter lacks spatial awareness. If my incredibly casual, retired and in their 60s guild members know how to and easily skip these packs, then there's no real reason your hunter couldn't as well.

I also failed to mention your Mythic+ progress in Legion as well, or rather, the lack of. Where your Legion +15 on time clears at? My raid group also only started raiding this week due to RL commitments. Didn't stop me from pugging on weekends by myself when I had the time, although I'd also argue that raiding experience =/= Mythic+ regardless. A dps failing a mechanic in a Heroic raid group of 20 isn't going to have as much an influence on the groups ability to killing the boss, than say with a +10 key 5 man group. Not to mention strats on avoiding packs and tricks just so you can beat the timer is a complete non-issue with raiding.
Any tank with half a brain skips those bugs because of how much damage they blow up for..
They got nerfed earlier this week they do like no damage now...