Video Freezes When Tabbed Out

Mac Technical Support
Yesterday I "upgraded" to Mojave.

While I am playing the game, if I tab out for any reason--be it with the 4-finger swipe to another tab, or any of the launch-type buttons--the game video stops working in the background, and the Beach Ball spins.

The audio continues to work, and it seems like the game continues to play, as I often tab out between flight paths, and when i reboot the game, I am at the destination flight path.

15" Late-2014 Retina MBP
10.14 Mojave
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
512GB SSD

EDIT: Playing in Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
Same issue:

10.14 (18A391)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
Same issue

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Playing in Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
Same issue, 2016 MacBook Pro 15"
3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 560
Fullscreen

If I set the laptop down for awhile, I think the screen saver tries to kick in. Always spinning beachball on Mojave.
I've made sure this has gotten passed on to appropriate people. It is being investigated.
09/27/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Omegall
I've made sure this has gotten passed on to appropriate people. It is being investigated.

Thanks!
Thanks.

Also same issue since Mojave
Bump, happens if I go afk for long enough for the screensave, come back and WoW is beachballed and have to Forcequit
Same... every time my Mac goes to sleep via screensaver, when I come back, WoW is not responsive - beachball. I can only force quit. This is the case since upgrading to Mojave
actual screen saver, or just display going into standby?
10/01/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Omegall
actual screen saver, or just display going into standby?

Screensaver for me.
Or swiping to another Space and swiping back freezes wow and/or disconnects.
Temporary Solution

COMMAND-M to minimize to Window mode before switching out of WoW.

or
    [only works sometimes] Use F3 (or 4 finger swipe) to show all open windows, switch to another app and do the same to switch back to WoW.
I've got the same problem since I upgraded to Mojave. Every time I switch screens WOW freezes & I have to force quit. Blizzard techs have been trying to help me but nothing has fixed it. I even uninstalled & reinstalled, still the same. At the moment I switched from fullscreen mode to windows mode, that seems to be helping a bit, but I have a 27" screen & being on windows is not how I want to play. Looking forward to have it fixed between Blizzard & Apple.
Same here with Mojave, iMac 27" 5k 2017
anytime I use Mission Control to tab out, I crash.
Every time I let my laptop go to screensaver WoW crashes.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Mojave 10.14
Just out of curiosity, how many of those that got the freeze were streaming something in the background? (ie Youtube, itunes radio, Twitch, etc.)

Getting it as well btw, reported with Blizz crash reporter.
i just upgraded to Mojave thinking "oh this might fix some issues on my computer" and it did.. then i caused another one lol anyways, I'm having the same issue f3 will freeze my game.
interestingly i went on PTR and tried this and it appears to be partially fixed pressing F3 seems to work without freezing, but if the computer goes to sleep it will still freeze
Same issue - iMAC - upgraded 10.14 freezes especially in the battle grounds.