Fixing Guardian Druid for 8.1

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
And a slow, Guardian druid is still missing the most basic abilities as a tank.

GIVE US A !@#$ING SLOW BACK.
10/28/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Nooblol

Oh !@#$ yes! The lack of specific tank mechanical utility for Guardian in M+ is jarring. While there is the argument that the party can supply stuns and slows for a peel during a Necrotic week, it would be nice for the tank itself to have that ability.
There are some pretty good ideas here. Well thought out.

Only thing I don’t like is Lacerate. Two bleeds just feels silly for a Bear.

Typhoon is effective on over 90% of mobs why is slow such an issue. To me the issues isn't buffing us; its nerfing DK's and monks...
Typhoon gives about a 3 sec knock back, affixes like necrotic take 8 seconds to drop off so you will still need a slow to remove your stacks. Plus if you can just slow them, you take no damage at all from melee mobs if you are kiting. Druids are basically the only tanks without a true slow ability.
10/28/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Yime
When I first saw that 12% I thought, "They obviously buffed us by only 12% because in a later PTR build they're planning to put Rage of the Sleeper back in, and the damage boost from that is intended to bring us up to par with the other tanks." So far, no RotS :/

I still think one of the easiest ways for Blizzard to make us both quite good and actually desired for content (apart from the obvious stuff like restoring our snare) is to give us Death Grip, call it Twisted Vines or something, and use the vine graphic from those quests where you have to pull a weed out of the ground. Suddenly we're super useful! Death Knights got battle rez, after all.

No. Stop with the spell homogenization. What I could agree to is bringing back faerie fire, no damage, MASSIVE threat and silences. So it behaves KINDA like death grip but doesn't outright steal it.

Earlier in the thread someone said FF was removed because it prevents stealth. But we got moonfire in bear form which puts a dot on a target doing pretty much the same... I mean just cloak of shadows it off. It's not like rogues are lacking tools in pvp.

10/29/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Uncleslam
There are some pretty good ideas here. Well thought out.

Only thing I don’t like is Lacerate. Two bleeds just feels silly for a Bear.

Cats are the bleed dps spec. Stands to reason we share some similarities as the same class. We've had for a while now. Nothing silly about it.

What IS silly is the stupid animation that goes off when you moonfire in bear form especially when running around. Remove moonfire give us back lacerate that stacks to 3 give thrash a ten second CD, and make moonfire castable only if you take galactic guardian, a la lunar inspiration.
I would recommend taking this to the 1000+ Guardian post that has been rolling since Beta. We're still waiting for a blue but best to keep it all in one place for fellow bears.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763856304?page=1
Feel free..... I'm on my last few days before my account expires. Blizzard hasn't done even 5% of enough of work to keep me with this crap patch. They rushed an xpac saying they would fix it at 8.1 and have utterly failed to do so.

I wish you bears luck. I'm done with them.
I posted these in a couple other places, but my suggestions are:

1. Frenzied Regen should be off the GCD

This speaks for itself, but with it already being a rage-limited ability, there's really not a good reason to restrict its use with the GCD. I can't count the number of times I've gotten into a pinch and hit the button only to find that it didn't actually go off due to GCD and that's not a fun feeling.

2. Bring back the old Infected Wounds. (Maul and Mangle cause an Infected Wound in the Target. The Infected Wound reduces the movement speed of the target by 8% and the attack speed by 3%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 sec.)

Infected Wounds used to be a talent in the old combined Feral tree and I feel its return would help us both with the lack of a slow/snare in M+ as well as providing some additional utility in the form of mitigation for both us and our co-tank. While having the snare on Thrash the way we did in Legion would obviously be more ideal, this passive ability would force us to tab Mangle/Maul to apply the slow in packs which seems to fall more in line with the goal Blizz has for tanking this expansion.

3. Give back Berserk (the original version with the fear break)

Druids are noticeably the only tank without an offensive cooldown this expansion. Berserk was our first, and originally had the added bonus of breaking fear. While Rage of the Sleeper in Legion was an excellent offensive and defensive cd, it seems the intent in BfA has been to reduce the number of defensives we have so this would allow them to maintain that philosophy while still giving us a much needed offensive cd.
09/26/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Gumble
09/26/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Prime
Some of these are cool, some blatantly overpowered.

I'm very curious which part(s) you think are overpowered. I tried pretty hard to make it as balanced as I could.... given its MY spec :)

You want Displacer Beast to leave you in Bear Form.

You want a Blinking Tank?? That's actually insane...
I know right? A 30 sec CD blink for a tank would be sooooo crazy!

Can you imagine if tanks had instant 40 yard mobility spells like a leap? Or better yet, multiple gap closing spells baseline on top of that? That would be nuts.
No. Stop with the spell homogenization. What I could agree to is bringing back faerie fire, no damage, MASSIVE threat and silences. So it behaves KINDA like death grip but doesn't outright steal it.

I agree that spell homogenisation sucks but Blizzard have shown time and time again that they cannot stop themselves from designing content that advantages Death Grip, and DKs are the only tanks who have it. So it needs to be spread around or Blizzard needs to come up with new abilities that are just as game-changing as Death Grip for the other tanks to have. Faerie Fire coming back with a silence would be nice, but even on a very short CD it would still remain a joke next to the utility that Death Grip brings; it's basically just an Avenger's Shield that doesn't bounce, after all.

I hardly ever see ideas from Bears for spells that could challenge Death Grip and Mass Grip for group utility. We have our sights set super low, as a spec.
10/28/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Babomb
I'm confused... have they even said they are addressing Guardian at all?

They have mentioned prot warriors but not guardian Druids afaik. Tank balance is a joke right now and 8.1 will be a make it or break it patch for many players and the game as a whole.
Guardians could b heard once in the Q&A, and it was told that they are getting some numerical fixes. That's all, and that's also what they got with the 12% buff to bear form. No mechanical fixes.
11/08/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Pohn9D645D

Typhoon is effective on over 90% of mobs why is slow such an issue. To me the issues isn't buffing us; its nerfing DK's and monks...

Pay attention next time you run with a BDK who has the D&D slow. They just drop it and move maybe 5 feet to drop necrotic, or just take less damage. Bears have to Typhoon, and then turn and run for their life a significant distance. This is a much bigger disruption of DPS, and requires room and places to run to without pulling extra mobs.

A damage increase is the least Blizzard could possibly do. It probably needs to be at least 50% more, but it's a start.

Thrash needs a slow of some kind, we need to be able to root & cleanse & maybe even hibernate in bear form even if root gets a CD to do so. Affinity talents need a rework so they actually do something useful instead of a choice of mostly useless passive buffs.

We should get one of the two damage CDs back, and we should get some kind of reactive healing on Frenzied Regen.

And we need Lunar Beam removed or tuned to something not completely worthless.