The classic embarassment

General Discussion
09/26/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Kîlljøy
Classic wow is a huge embarrassment for the current class design team.

Multi billion dollar company and many of your player base wants to play the game how it was 14 yrs ago before you guys ruined it with your pruning.

You guys constantly ignored player feed back.
I along thousands of players have submitted class design issues in bfa alpha and beta, Everything was ignored.

Ignoring class design and only focusing on creating new content every 3 months will be the death of wow.

It's sad that the old talent system up to wrath of the lich king is so much better than what we have now.

We should never have to choose active abilities. All abilites should be baseline and part of the classes whole kit.

I used to have fun thinking of what talents to try out and builds to experiment with.

Talents should enhance a classes abilities not limit abilities.

agreed 100% I love the content but I miss the classes i fell in love with, classes with all of its abiltiies, biggest reason i cant wait for classic. My lock right now has to choose demonic circle as a talent like what the hell? and all of my curses are for pvp only with talents.

I wish blizz had kept the class design of WOTLK or prior and just kept adding new content. Even cata was ok tbh but loss of talent tree hurt and when we tought it could not get worse it always did.

Blizz should have kept original class design and just added new content / quality of life changes like LFR / LFG / Group finder / Communities are all great addition.

Also the GCD change omg i hate it. why are my defensive / mobility abilities and CDs on the GCD?

Also professions that meant something
Let's be generous and say 30,000 people go to play the classic servers, that leaves about 4,970,000 still playing live, I think they'll survive.
09/26/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Daarkk
That is a marketing flyer... that gives no information on the number of actual players.

Website hits? I know its a marketing buzzword that the kids love, but I get calls all day from companies that can get me "hits." !@#$, if you pay google enough they will write customer reviews for you.

Number 314 in a useless category on the interwebz? Well gee golly by george...

This is not a marketing flyer, this is the data that they released when Blizzard shut down their server.

This is hard data.

I don't think you are happy with the results.

Results? It gives no information on the actual number of players....

Website hits is not a metric. It doesn't even go into detail as to what it considers a website hit. Even the $9.99 a month companies give me that info...
probably the biggest embarrassment as i see it, is that some indie guys were able to amass a decent player base on their private vanilla realms

no one in the vid game business likes being outplayed
09/27/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Illikhan
Classic wow is a huge embarrassment for the current class design team.

Multi billion dollar company and many of your player base wants to play the game how it was 14 yrs ago before you guys ruined it with your pruning.

I along thousands of players have submitted class design issues in bfa alpha and beta, Everything was ignored.

Ignoring class design and only focusing on creating new content every 3 months will be the death of wow.

It's sad that the old talent system up to wrath of the lich king is so much better than what we have now.

We should never have to choose active abilities. All abilites should be baseline and part of the classes whole kit.

I used to have fun thinking of what talents to try out and builds to experiment with.

Talents should enhance a classes abilities not limit abilities.

agreed 100% I love the content but I miss the classes i fell in love with, classes with all of its abiltiies, biggest reason i cant wait for classic. My lock right now has to choose demonic circle as a talent like what the hell? and all of my curses are for pvp only with talents.

I wish blizz had kept the class design of WOTLK or prior and just kept adding new content. Even cata was ok tbh but loss of talent tree hurt and when we tought it could not get worse it always did.

Blizz should have kept original class design and just added new content / quality of life changes like LFR / LFG / Group finder / Communities are all great addition.

Also the GCD change omg i hate it. why are my defensive / mobility abilities and CDs on the GCD?

Also professions that meant something

"communities are great addition" uh no. Waste of resources that messed with the launch day not allowing for a smooth launch and preventing many from logging in. Communities are useless and offer nothing. Literally just get discord for a 100000% better experience.
People who can't ever let go of what Vanilla WoW was just need to move on and grow up.

Classic wow overall sucked, some things were great and that's coming from someone who raided as a resto shaman from MC to AQ40.
09/27/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Caféaulait
People who can't ever let go of what Vanilla WoW was just need to move on and grow up.

Classic wow overall sucked, some things were great and that's coming from someone who raided as a resto shaman from MC to AQ40.

People who can't accept the fact that other people have different tastes just need to move on and grow up.

No1 cares what you raided. You're irrelevant. !@#$
I don't have any problems with classic WoW. I don't plan to play it. I don't really hate anyone who does. If anything I think it'll be interesting to see what classic WoW ultimately is. Are they going all in and leaving everything exactly the same or are they going to try and balance things better than they were in the original. In either scenario I don't exactly picture it being the utopia everyone expects.
09/26/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Kirela
I am all for classic, but honestly you need to take it down a notch. Majority?

Show me quantifiable proof before you go making such a bold claim.

only time will tell how true or false this statement is.
Really looking forwards to people finding out what vanilla classes were like if they never played it

Enjoy your dead zone hunters
Enjoy your mana that runs out casters
Looking forwards to the horde players that have to reroll allies to play a ret paladin and instantly get laughed at by everything
09/26/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Snowfox
lol, "majority"

World of Warcraft peaked at around 11 million concurrent subscribers near the end of Wrath.

The majority of those players are no longer playing the game.

I understand that your brain isn't capable of higher function without your nose up a blue's rear end, but even you should be able to do simple math, Snowfox.
yeah i love when the only real viable tank was a warrior.
shamans, druids, paladins, priests could only heal everything else was a mess.

vanilla was so good right?!
You need to understand that the legacy model to the talent system had many talents that augmented secondary stats, boost your health, and there was ONE or TWO talents in most, if not all, specs, that granted a new ability. (i.e. Moonkin Form or Trueshot Aura).

You may think a larger model grants more choice because there are more options, and that may be true to an extent because you can press more buttons in your talent frame. This isn't true. Primarily, people chose the same build for PvE (a.k.a cookie cutter), and a slightly altered form of that build for PvP (or chose an entirely different spec and built on a cookie cutter build.)

How are they ignoring class design? Many players told them that protection warriors need some love, and they're working that out now, but internally. You're not in the meeting(s). You don't know.
09/27/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Gaymanx
09/27/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Caféaulait

People who can't accept the fact that other people have different tastes just need to move on and grow up.

People who get upset over another person's opinion and have to add cursing in order to seem intimidating and unaffected need to move on and grow up.

Too easy. Keep it coming, you classic delusionals are so easy.
wasn't mage (and every other class) a one spec guild and than mage specifically was spam frostbolt over and over again while locks buffed everyone, and if you weren't a healer druids gtfo
09/26/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Zaigo

No, they listened and implemented. That is why we have what we have today. Noobs complain and get what they want and ruin it for the rest of us who like to work for things.

Really? No one was saying get rid of talent trees but they are gone? No one was saying get rid of pvp gear yet it's pretty much gone, no one was saying make pvp players do pve and make pve players do pvp, yet here we are. No one was saying take away flying but they tried.
09/27/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Hôtness
Really? No one was saying get rid of talent trees but they are gone? No one was saying get rid of pvp gear yet it's pretty much gone, no one was saying make pvp players do pve and make pve players do pvp, yet here we are. No one was saying take away flying but they tried.

You're not appreciative of game evolution. Time's change.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxY89F5oU-I
09/27/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Caféaulait
<span class="truncated">...</span>

People who get upset over another person's opinion and have to add cursing in order to seem intimidating and unaffected need to move on and grow up.

Too easy. Keep it coming, you classic delusionals are so easy.

Oh, I'm not upset..I just think it's funny how you guys act like you know what others like and don't like..and feel the need to belittle anyone who likes something that you don't. You saying that you were a big time raider back then tells me you're a grown man, prob in his late 30s..Idk...and yet you still cannot accept the fact that other people have dif tastes in video games. I just picture you as this sad old boomer IRL. It's okay, not everyone's a winner in life bruh. If you ever need help, I'm here for ya. :))