Seriously though, look up the people defending Blizzard. They're all casuals.

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 25 Next
Honestly op your title is a Oxymoron.
09/28/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Mudun
09/28/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Rawnblade

*record scratch*

Hey, you're probably wondering how I got here. You know, not reading the rest of OP's post because I know it's not going to have any benefit whatsoever.

*thread resumes*

LOL that's where I stopped reading and skipped to the last page.

But all the best parts are in the middle... like an oreo!
I can only speak for myself, but:

09/28/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Sybianjoy
The other half is, casuals want all the 'fun' the 'elitists' are getting. Such as doing high mythic keys and getting max ilvl rewards at the end of the week.
Wrong. Not my idea of fun. I couldn't care less about pushing keys.

Like it or not, casuals take the lead from 'elitists' in the game. Specifically, after the elitists have cleared it, then whine about not getting a free carry.
Wrong again. I don't take my lead from anyone. If I did, it would be an elite, not an elitist. I've never had a free carry (or a paid one for that matter). I don't do mythic plus, I don't get the gear, it doesn't bother me.

09/28/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Défiant
The reason is that they, as casuals, don't want to game with other casuals. They could easily create their own group.
Wrong again. I would rather game with other casuals. The problem with forming your own group is that you usually wind up at least one elitist. There is no addon that will tell you someones attitude.

There is so much wrong in this topic.
Lol I'm pretty sure this is well known.

Why do you think WoW is the way that it is now?

Gotta cater to them casuals.
I'm uber hardcore casual and not defending Blizz. Rated BFA 3/10.

Opps. There goes your entire theory...
09/28/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Hankypanky
What if you work all the time, but when you aren't working you play wow!

I'm being forced to be a "casual" because of adulting...

This is discrimination! Against working people!

I know, right! I'm the sole income earner in my household and I work full time- long hours with long travel times. I have a life outside of a game. Proud to be casual and an adult. Oh, and this is my main and I love her. Also, she's pretty. And a broken feral.

/Happy dance of casual, broken feralness.
I am 100% a filthy casual, and you will not find me defending this mess in the slightest. And if you knew me at all IRL, you'd realize how out of character that is for me, because my "default mode" for just about anything is to give it the benefit of the doubt, as I'm an extremely patient person... But even my patience has all but worn out.
Warfront and Island are pretty much content specifically made for baddies so ofc they're going to defend them... duh!

Also GCD is added so those slow fat hand can keep up with the people with 200 WPM
I am casual now but find this expansion, legion, and wod to be absolute trash. Actually had more fun in wod the first 2 months than this expansion. 2 days left on sub, at least I will be able to still post in the classic discussion forum.

The people working at blizzard have 0 idea what makes an mmorpg. This game feels more like a f2p now than an actual mmorpg that deserves a monthly fee. The people that cried for them to make everything easier are actually the minority yet they continue to listen to them and each expansion less and less subs occur.

Can't wait to get my first blue in vanilla WoW.
While I agree that those of us with a better understanding of the game should have valued opinions, condemning others because they're "casuals" isn't proving anything. Yes, inexperienced players will have less of a problem with a game they enjoy for simple reasons, but their opinions are just as valuable.

I'm not going to call players who are inexperienced "trash" or "casuals" for defending Blizz, but if I think their opinion doesn't make sense, I'll address that.

Calling a player out on their gaming skills and not their ideas, when the argument is about ideas and opinions, is as much of a red herring as anything else. People who indulge in this kind of behavior are ineffective communicators. You're just going to stir up a pot and nothing else.
This is probably more than some people are able to comprehend, but people have different interests in this game. Not everyones end goal is simply to be the highest DPS, Heals, or the toughest tank at level cap. Or to wreck people at level capped pvp.

Some people enjoy xmog farming, mount farming, pet farming, etc far more than guild scheduled raids with a bunch of people that take it way too serious to obtain gear that will soon be irrelevant with the next patch.

Some people prefer twinking and low level PVP.

Some people like professions and farming gold.

In fact some people only get to end game to make their life a bit easier with their bigger interests, whatever they may be.

"Casual" is a silly word as well.. a good amount of "casual" players spend near all of their free time on this game. And work extremely hard at their primary goals whatever they may be.

So, sorry, but just because people dont have the same complaints or approach this game differently, it doesnt make their opinion about it any less valid. And next time you go playing the "deez people is scwubz and don matta cuz ilvl is Lowa den myne" card. Just remember, different interests.
09/28/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Dahmona
I am 100% a filthy casual, and you will not find me defending this mess in the slightest. And if you knew me at all IRL, you'd realize how out of character that is for me, because my "default mode" for just about anything is to give it the benefit of the doubt, as I'm an extremely patient person... But even my patience has all but worn out.

I don't even have anything against casual players, I find find the dynamic strange.
09/28/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Défiant
Yes, I considered they were alts, until I saw their necklaces.
It's called the Blizzard social media team, fam. Why do you think they are all geared, have tons of achieves at 120, and have absolutely zero raid progression?
09/28/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Draalei
I can only speak for myself, but:

The other half is, casuals want all the 'fun' the 'elitists' are getting. Such as doing high mythic keys and getting max ilvl rewards at the end of the week.
Wrong. Not my idea of fun. I couldn't care less about pushing keys.

Like it or not, casuals take the lead from 'elitists' in the game. Specifically, after the elitists have cleared it, then whine about not getting a free carry.
Wrong again. I don't take my lead from anyone. If I did, it would be an elite, not an elitist. I've never had a free carry (or a paid one for that matter). I don't do mythic plus, I don't get the gear, it doesn't bother me.

09/28/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Défiant
The reason is that they, as casuals, don't want to game with other casuals. They could easily create their own group.
Wrong again. I would rather game with other casuals. The problem with forming your own group is that you usually wind up at least one elitist. There is no addon that will tell you someones attitude.

This guy gets it. People have different interests. In my experience its "elitists" that ruin the fun by taking things way too serious. Nothing fun about impatient people losing their !@#$ about the inability to control other people.
Casual here. I love Blizzard.
09/28/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Draalei

How is someone using Raider IO ruining anything for anyone? That's the thing I don't get. It's why I firmly believe that the casuals complaining about Raider IO simply don't want to group with other casuals.

That was a big point I made. They should be happy that those elitist players are advertising themselves, so they can be avoided. As far as someone joining your group and being elitist, that has nothing to do with Raider IO. That's just the Internet and World of Warcraft.

Personally my opinion is if you're a casual that's not super familiar with the content, make a group and title it "chill +2". You'll get chill people who don't care. The "elitists" will avoid it like the plague.

In that whole scenario, Elitists are just people who want to game with people that have similar levels of experience. It's really not a big deal.

There are plenty of solutions other than banning Raider IO, which numerous people are clamoring for. Why take a tool away from Elitists that keep the Elitists together rather than spread out all over the place? If you think it's hard to form a group without an Elitist now just picture it when we're all scattered in the wind with no way to organize ourselves? We'd be invading your casual groups like nobodies business. No one wants that.
Says the guy who's done no Mythic Legion Raids, you are a casual!
No True Scotsman Fallacy.
09/28/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Défiant
I don't mean to be elitist, but over the last week I've started checking peoples Armory and Wowprogress pages when I see them in here defending Blizzard. 90% of the time they're casuals wearing a bunch of Warfront epics with little or no Mythic+ / Raid progression done.

Yes, I considered they were alts, until I saw their necklaces.

These people are spending their time defending a company over content they've never even done. Just let that sink in. The people coming here complaining, we've experienced it. We have the gear. We've played the game. We have reasons for being upset with the state of things. Yet the people here defending Blizzard, they have no reason to defend them because they haven't experienced the content that is being criticized.

It's incredible, to be honest. I'm sure there will be the exception to the rule etc, but seriously, don't take my word for it, just search them up yourselves. 90% of the time they don't know what they're talking about in regards to BfA and its current state.

Also, none of them are Shaman. Just saying.
Yea we are casuals and we are also the majority of the player base.
09/28/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Popette
Says the guy who's done no Mythic Legion Raids, you are a casual!

Says the Warfront raider.