What’s good about this expansion?

General Discussion
I’ve been thinking about it and can’t seem to find out what it is.

The loot system is the worst it’s ever been, we get random free 370 gear for a random slot even if we already have that slot or 15 of that slot already, in a row....

And then the traits on that gear, if azerite is random, and then the 370 gear is now worse than a 325 item...

And if we don’t spend hours grinding rep and azerite power our ‘legendarily bad neck piece’ can’t unlock the traits anyway

You could play for 1 month and have worse stats/healing/dps than a guy who played for 1 week because he got lucky drops and lucky traits

And who knows what the traits do or how they compare to each other and what is actually good? They are all random and do random damage at random times so in pvp a random person will randomly die because rng said he gets 15 random buffs

And why can’t I fly at max lvl? I will never understand. I can’t enjoy the world unless I can see it. Getting stuck on edges sliding down slopes drawing aggro getting dazed is not fun in any way.

At least you should have all the flight paths open. Or do we tell the bird where to fly? Do we get in a bus and tell the bus driver where to drive on his route? No.

Just let us fly blizzard that was the greatest moment in BC when I hit max lvl had saved all that gold and could finally NOT get stuck on edges/get dazed/draw aggro/slide down slopes see nothing but dirt.

I Dunno I hope they change something I’m still addicted enough to play for a bit longer but running warfronts well standing in warfronts waiting to win the game that you cannot lose is kinda boring but since everything is rng that’s your best chance at winning the rng lottery to get those traits that you have no idea what they do or when they proc or what’s good.

Yay blizzard

Ps can we just have a choice to use the heart of Azeroth or not

Pps I wouldn’t use it
You're not the only one. These complaints are voiced by many players right now. Even most Youtubers have had enough. However around here you're going to get a lot of fanboys. A lot of casuals with no actual game progression defending Blizzard. I theorize that because the content they do complete in World of Warcraft is so easy, they finish it up that much quicker and have the time to come on the forums for no reason and spend their times defending a game they allegedly enjoy instead of just... enjoying it.

What’s good about this expansion?

The fact that all the male characters are being portrayed as evil and incompetent and the female characters can't do anything wrong!
Raiding, mythic plus, wpvp, I personally like doing mythic and pvp islands

Warfronts are cool to look at but need more difficultly options
09/28/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Healsforhugs
And why can’t I fly at max lvl? I will never understand.

Pathfinder has been around for about 4 years now. It's the compromise Blizzard struck with the playerbase when they wanted to remove flying entirely and the players gave them the middle finger for it.

As for the rest of your post... looks like you're unhappy with gear. Okay. If all you care about is gear, then yes, this expansion isn't for you. See you in two years?

09/28/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Healsforhugs
I’ve been thinking about it and can’t seem to find out what it is.

You only care about the destination (gear). The good spots of this expansion are in the journey (zones, music, story, etc).
it made my friends quit so my own quitting has been very easy
Pathfinder wasn't a compromise. It's done a really good job keeping me offline though.
09/28/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Rorane
Pathfinder wasn't a compromise. It's done a really good job keeping me offline though.

It was. Blizzard was going to remove flight entirely. People pulled their money. Blizzard conceded into Pathfinder and the players, in general, agreed.
I like the pathfinder system. I like it a lot. However I really feel that the reward for pathfinder part 1 should have to be able to fly.

Waiting for part 2 is not fun.
So far, I've completed the Alliance side story, and I'm doing the Horde side now. Truthfully, I like the stories this expansion more than most the others recently. They have a feeling of all tying together more.

I like the Heritage armor concept. It gives me a reward for doing something I probably would be doing anyways. There is only two allied races that I'm interested in, but future ones could interest me.

Other stuff, I haven't gotten to yet. I admit, there is wonkiness in the scaling. It at the very least needs to be made a bit more linear than it is with the formulas. And yes, random selection of gear traits kind of annoying. And I would probably prefer if professions had a bit more relevance. Once I got past the first two levels, my blacksmith had no useful function, and none that I can see on the horizon yet. My tailor can at least make very expensive bags, but still, useful, and my alchemist can make potions.

09/28/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Défiant
However around here you're going to get a lot of fanboys. A lot of casuals with no actual game progression defending Blizzard.

Dude, seriously. The whole "no actual game progression" thing again? I've gotten as far as I've gotten so far. If I enjoyed what I have experienced so far, by golly, I'm ALLOWED to say it. I can also give an honest review and state the things I see problems with. Are only my complaints valid in your opinion? Otherwise, I should keep any good points out of the forums?
Pathfinder has been around for about 4 years now. It's the compromise Blizzard struck with the playerbase when they wanted to remove flying entirely and the players gave them the middle finger for it.

Pathfinder is the time gate to flying meant to remove flying while saying they were still giving us flying. When flying is over half a year wait in Legion it's a pretty irrelevant feature now.

It wasn't a compromise we wanted it was shoved down our throats by a stubborn dev team who didn't give half a crap what the players wanted because they knew better.

Pathfinder killed flying, and further divided the community to satisfy the vision of developers that are out of touch with the community they're supposed to be developing for. It's absurd they say fun is what they care about but remove fun from the game.
The Raid is fun and the pugging community is pretty cool for normals and heroics. I've also run some pretty good mythics with awesome people.

So there's that.
09/28/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Kutlwano

09/28/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Défiant
However around here you're going to get a lot of fanboys. A lot of casuals with no actual game progression defending Blizzard.

Dude, seriously. The whole "no actual game progression" thing again? I've gotten as far as I've gotten so far. If I enjoyed what I have experienced so far, by golly, I'm ALLOWED to say it. I can also give an honest review and state the things I see problems with. Are only my complaints valid in your opinion? Otherwise, I should keep any good points out of the forums?
Ironic, seeing as that shaman's sitting at 110.

Idk why some people think you need to be a progression raider to have an opinion on the state of WoW. I raid, my spouse doesn't. We play an equal number of hours each week. I don't think my opinion of the game is more meaningful than my spouse's just because I've killed a bunch of raid bosses.

We're both really enjoying BfA, by the way.
09/28/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Hushups
09/28/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Rorane

It was. Blizzard was going to remove flight entirely. People pulled their money. Blizzard conceded into Pathfinder and the players, in general, agreed.

Are you sure it was an agreement. Or was it the best we could get and begrudgingly agreed. I still think its one of the dumbest things ever that blizzard took it away. I fully agree with making the person be max level. But after max level is hit. Give me freedom after the level grind please. Blizzard wants us to cherish the landscape they spent so long creating but taking away flying, in my opinion, doesn't accomplish this at all. When I'm forced to run from place to place to farm or do WQ's, it's not like I'm stopping to enjoy the lush landscapes and stopping to smell roses. I'm zoning out completely or watching something on my other monitor.
Same stuff that was good in WOD. The visuals and the music. About it really.
09/28/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Zuelya
I like the pathfinder system. I like it a lot. However I really feel that the reward for pathfinder part 1 should have to be able to fly.

Waiting for part 2 is not fun.

Furthermore flight would have outlandish costs due to how much gold was generated (not moved around) in WoD/legion.
Nothing really is good about BFA. Other then some allied races that it. The story is lacking, it's not different then how disney killed starwars/solo. Tons of time gating garbage. Honestly don't get V-ticket , blizzcon isn't gonna be any different then the current Q&A live streams imo.
I duno I honestly just want vendors and to be able to fly thats it.

thats really all I care about

Get the gear I want and be able to fly
Personally I like the new loot system, it's way better because you don't have mister ninja looter stealing Epics that is a hella good upgrade for you.
I do love the Kul Tiras zones, the new voice actors (well, new to Blizzard, most of them are very familiar to me because they're common in the Dragon Age universe) and the Drustvar quest line. The stories for each zone are quite good. The art team needs a "well done!!" imo (yes, even on the horses, because I suspect the reason they were frankensteined the way they were was because of time restraints from the top down--and I actually love them, so... yeah).

Also, the music, as usual, is top notch.

Otherwise... well. Yeah. Meh.