Upcoming Azerite Armor Improvements

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 18 19 20 45 Next
10/03/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Vhol
I don't want to be a jerk...but does this actually fix anything?

No it does not.
Also Azerite is the RNG of the this expansion. I had hopes of it getting killed but we just making more azerite.
This is so stupid...

Why are we now sitting around hoping we get an Azerite armor drop in a WQ?

You people are on your own dimensional planes of existence to come up with these bonehead new ways to RNG us to death.

V E N D O R S
Ah, another RNG update. Thanks Blizz! Can't wait to grind out emissaries for 4 weeks till I get that one piece!

We ask for chicken nuggets and you guys whip up a whole god damn rotisserie chicken. Just balance the traits and get rid of this awful reforge system. We don't need more traits on each piece of gear. All that leads to another situation where we're still grinding for that BiS piece because "x trait synergizes well with y trait."

Nobody likes carrying around 512 azerite pieces in their bags if they're running multiple specs either. Seriously.

Sorry for being such a pessimist, but it feels bad when you're playing your spec and you can't perform in Mythic because you don't have the perfect azerite set. Adding more won't solve this problem.
This still seems like barely a band-aid on a system with a terminal illness. I don't understand why you continue to withhold Azerite gear from M+ when it is such a crucial part of the game. Yes, emissaries are more accessible to everyone but people only doing world quests don't really need it as badly as those pushing content.

Between the personal loot changes and people not being able to trade me BIS items they are literally going to disenchant, and the azerite system being as bad as it is.. I'm actually on the verge of following in the footsteps of a lot of long-time subscribers to your product, and quitting.

Suggested fix:

Remove ilvl entirely from Azerite gear and make every piece scale based on your total overall ilvl. Then you can accurately balance the traits and people can just use the traits they prefer for their spec. Not only that, but if I have a piece I've been using for the trait for one spec but it also has a good trait for another spec I play, and I replace it... oh, look at that.. I have a relevant piece of gear for that slot and don't have to pray for an emissary to have it.

I know this isn't perfect, but I don't think there's anything "perfect" you could do to Azerite other than removing it entirely. I know this post probably won't get any attention or accomplish anything, but I figured I'd at least give it a shot.
So basically you're adding even more traits, more RNG in form of extra ring and are making class traits even more situational in order to make us grind multiple sets of azerite gear?

How exactly is this an improvement?
I do like some of these changes but i don't think its to far out there to let us get them in m+ , for example just having the azerite gear drop at key break points. so 0's give 340s 6's give the 355s and then 10s 370. it may not be the most ideal but i think it will give people a way to farm traits they might want.
Wow Its like they went through something similar before with legion legendaries as far as acquisition.

"Not getting that right piece, here is bad lucky protection. Oh still not the right piece. Here RNG tokens! Oh still not the right piece? Oh well.... *waits till end of legion expansion.* Here you go get any piece you want!!! We did a good. :)"

That said. Im thank ful you all are looking into it. But unless this improves for other facets of the game. ie. M+ drops. Its not a good fix. Its a band aid fix.

Are the emissaries only going to be world/emissaries rewards? Not really worth It.

Not to mention unless the emissaries caches go up with IL throughout the expansion. This is not a true fix.

Over all this game NEEDS less RNG. Thats what makes this whole experience un enjoyable.
A simple fix would be to allow them to drop from m+ and remove them from the chest at the end of the week. Or you could instead, guarantee azerite gear from you chest at the end of the week along with another random piece that could not be azerite.

This is my first time starting to do mythic raid content, and the azerite issue is really noticeable in our guild. Some of our best players still have 340 pieces due to lack of azerite armor drops. I myself have full cleared normal and heroic 4 times now and have only gotten 3 pieces to drop and 2 were helms. Personal loot also adds to this issue.
10/03/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Addacus
This still seems like barely a band-aid on a system with a terminal illness. I don't understand why you continue to withhold Azerite gear from M+ when it is such a crucial part of the game. Yes, emissaries are more accessible to everyone but people only doing world quests don't really need it as badly as those pushing content.

Between the personal loot changes and people not being able to trade me BIS items they are literally going to disenchant, and the azerite system being as bad as it is.. I'm actually on the verge of following in the footsteps of a lot of long-time subscribers to your product, and quitting.

Suggested fix:

Remove ilvl entirely from Azerite gear and make every piece scale based on your total overall ilvl. Then you can accurately balance the traits and people can just use the traits they prefer for their spec. Not only that, but if I have a piece I've been using for the trait for one spec but it also has a good trait for another spec I play, and I replace it... oh, look at that.. I have a relevant piece of gear for that slot and don't have to pray for an emissary to have it.

I know this isn't perfect, but I don't think there's anything "perfect" you could do to Azerite other than removing it entirely. I know this post probably won't get any attention or accomplish anything, but I figured I'd at least give it a shot.

They will never do this. This type of fix would make most gameplay mute. They want people playing, grinding. This brilliant fix goes against their core idea for the player base. Its sad.
If overall availability especially at the higher item levels is the primary concern, why not just make Azurite pieces available via the mythic plus system? Wouldn't this address the availability issue as well as the item level issue?
10/03/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Krusharr
This is so stupid...

Why are we now sitting around hoping we get an Azerite armor drop in a WQ?

You people are on your own dimensional planes of existence to come up with these bonehead new ways to RNG us to death.

V E N D O R S

Like back in wrath!!!! I miss those days for raid loot.
Give us class set armours again and put these azerite traits on the damn necklace.
Finally some news on improvements!

Thx for listening and the good news ahead of time.

Thumps up
10/03/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Lore
The reason we chose Emissaries for this is that it's an issue affecting a wide range of players, not just those who are clearing Mythic+ dungeons. Adding them to Mythic+ would indeed be a great solution if you're a player who's already focused on completing high-level keystones, but doesn't really help people who just want to stick to raiding or PvP. Emissaries are accessible to everyone.

This is still problematic for Azerite gear availability, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Emissary caches only reward the relevant zone-based azerite armor (ex. Vol'dun armor for Voldunai, Nazmir armor for Talanji's, etc.)? If so, that still leaves no targetable way to get several of the azerite pieces in the game (The M+ cache really doesn't count, since there's no way to say "I want a piece of gear from X dungeon!", and an azerite piece isn't even guaranteed from the cache in the first place). What's the point of getting more shots at higher ilevel azerite gear if, say, all the zone-based armors only give your worst or second worst traits?
IMO after thinking about this for a few weeks.

I'm afraid that I might collect what I need and then you will just go and nerf the dam things.

You (Blizzard) has already nerf two of the druids Azerite traits and I am getting frustrated on these nerfs. Who's to say there won't be a third?
Right now, you just take your main Spec/Role trait, have a piece of gear that's worthless for your other specs, and DIDN'T make a choice to begin with.

If you researched your spec and you picked what they claimed the best trait is, then that was your choice. Just because you are following a cookie cutter build doesn't mean there were no choices involved; finding that build in order to be as good as possible was the choice. For DPS Shaman at least half of the generic traits are better than spec specific ones so don't assume no one puts any consideration into what traits they lock in. And if you aren't following a guide and are assuming all the spec specific traits are the best then I have some bad news for you.

I choose to find resources that help me make the strongest character possible. If I see on my guide or sim that I have two different traits that have a large difference between their DPS then HELL YEA I'm gonna pick the good one and feel like I made a good choice. It's just such a shame that most of the generics and spec specific traits are all buff procs that don't alter gameplay, which should give more choices before or during combat, which is pretty fun.

I don't understand how you could want slightly different variants of the generic damage traits that do essentially the same damage. That's like wanting a choice between different brands of plain, untoasted, brown bread. If it's incredibly boring and has essentially the same outcome then it's not the kind of choice anyone really cares or feels good about making.

Utility choices are "ruined" for dps as well by not being dps. See the whole Legion Legendary fiasco.

Disclaimer: I value such utility and wore Prydaz a ton during Legion, I'm just expressing the dps version of the selfish view you are presenting.

You, as a healer or tank, may not care that a boss dies a little faster because healers or tanks can do more damage. And you may not care that your soloing and small group gameplay is also faster as a result.
But that's how it is, one or more of these trait rings will always be "useless" to one or more roles.

Are you suggesting some Azerite pieces should be 3 rings of Utility/Defence and others should be 3 rings of DPS? That's something I can get behind because Prydaz was so very underrated by DPS players. It felt good when me and a few others would bust out the Prydaz and the boss would die a few pulls later. And that is a meaningful choice too. Choosing to do less DPS in order to survive longer or ease the burden on the healers so they can focus the tanks more is interesting. Having some pieces with 2 Defence rings with 1 DPS ring would be nice too because it would give us so many more options for trying to survive in high M+. Of course this would mean they should buff some of the defensives and probably make some interactive too.
I really don't understand the opposition to this coming from mythic+, the emissary change is great but it seems to give pieces from a set pool depending on the faction and most of them are trash. I want to be able to look at my desired trait find the dungeon it comes from and do some mythic+. I'm not going to spam M+ at the moment if im only going for the 11 other stat sticks my character can equip. Maybe some players don't want to spam mythic plus and that's fine they can do their emissary. I want to play the game not spin my daily slot machine and log off
When Season 2 begins and the overall quality of rewards goes up, that cap will increase.

So we're doing seasons now. As if this was Diablo 3. Please reconsider this mindset.

The RPG in this expansion is glorious in terms of art, the zone design and most of the story are very interesting. But then we have this huge breakdown where the actual gameplay ceases to be what RPG's have always been known and loved for.

Please read this quote and take it to heart:
"To mold a character through our own choices and to walk in his shoes, with as many in-world consequences and as few real-world consequences as possible, 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished." -Source: http://www.brainygamer.com/the_brainy_gamer/2008/10/the-glory-of-the-amorphous-hero.html

The team has taken away many methods of molding a character through our own choices over the years in a never-ending drive to build a better wheel. The problem is the character building has had several iterations that could have been great as the final one with just polishing here and there.

Instead you rebuild each expansion with the goal of increasing RNG to increase playtime. The golden days of sub numbers won't come back by taking away player's freedom of choice, freedom is what built this game and this genre.
Got a couple additional notes from the development team based on your initial responses:

• When Siege of Zuldazar opens, loot from other sources will also increase in quality. So BfA Season 2 PvP rewards will have 5 rings, as well as M+ drops from existing dungeons, etc. Those rewards will be higher ilvl to reflect the new season. The change isn’t retroactive (items you already have won't be upgraded), but basically all endgame loot will have 5 rings once we’re in Season 2.
  • Emissary Azerite armor still scales with your item level - it's not just a flat increase. The goal is to make sure that if you have a high item level, regardless of the source of that gear (raiding, PvP, M+, etc.), you have a reliable source of comparable Azerite rewards.
  • The reason we chose Emissaries for this is that it's an issue affecting a wide range of players, not just those who are clearing Mythic+ dungeons. Adding them to Mythic+ would indeed be a great solution if you're a player who's already focused on completing high-level keystones, but doesn't really help people who just want to stick to raiding or PvP. Emissaries are accessible to everyone.
  • 370 is just the current Azerite cap for the hotfix we're working on. When Season 2 begins and the overall quality of rewards goes up, that cap will increase.

here's a great idea... get rid of this useless system, give us back our passive abilities you merged into artifact weapon, bring back tier sets, then resign.