Upcoming Azerite Armor Improvements

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 32 33 34 45 Next
Everyone keeps trying to come up with some pattern, when its highly likely Blizzard just set minimum 340 and let RNG do the rest. Granted, some people got less than 340, but a buggy bandaid fix shouldn't be a surprise to anybody at this point.
Can you guys let this drop from M+ already......4 chests in bags....3 helms now after the cache this week, but still wearing(you guessed it) 340 shoulders. This even after your emissary "fix" yesterday where I got another helm. Guess I'll just have to be content knowing I'll be going into 8.1 with a 340 azerite piece still equipped. This is truly the worst system ever.....

Edit: Finally got 355 Deathshamblers to drop off T'Zane with a bonus roll...thank rngesus.
I don't understand how the scaling works. I'm 368 ilvl (368.50 using DejaCharacterStats) and the reward shows as 355. I have 2 guildies lower than that (one at 365, the other at 366) and they both got 370. Is it bugged ?

I'm exalted with everything, have a 371 neck, tried swapping around the rings, trinkets and weapons, also tried switching spec but it's always at 355. Is it because of my 340 shoulders ?
359 ilvl, got a 340 piece out of the emissary. Thanks Obama.
10/08/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Lore
As an update, the change to the Azerite Armor Emissary caches is now live. Emissary caches that reward Azerite Armor can now scale up to item level 370, depending on your overall average item level.

LORE!!! (or any CM) please explain:
https://imgur.com/a/I2DeRGs

Your system needs to be tuned correctly, what am I missing here?
Two quick updates:

Based on reports, we were able to find a strange behavior where a player's loot history could be inaccurate depending on the loot specialization they had selected. We believe this is why some players with average item levels over a certain Azerite threshold were seeing rewards lower than expected (e.g. players with 371+ average item level getting 355 Azerite caches). We have a hotfix currently in testing to correct this issue.

Secondly, we agree that the requirements for the 370 caches were a little too high initially. With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here. We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Both hotfixes are being worked on now, with the goal of getting them out later today.
With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here..

How about err on the side of using some common sense. This whole expansion could use a big dose of some of that.
Will the items received by people yesterday that weren't scaled properly be fixed in their bags? Or is that a sort of "tough luck" type of thing?
Thank God I turned mine in. What about those players who turned it in already or are we just unlucky again? I wouldn't be surprised. :D
10/09/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Lore

Based on reports, we were able to find a strange behavior where a player's loot history could be inaccurate depending on the loot specialization they had selected. We believe this is why some players with average item levels over a certain Azerite threshold were seeing rewards lower than expected (e.g. players with 371+ average item level getting 355 Azerite caches). We have a hotfix currently in testing to correct this issue.

Why does it even need to be based on your item history to begin with? Why can't it just be based on your general item level like every other world quest and emissary gear reward?
Two quick updates:

Secondly, we agree that the requirements for the 370 caches were a little too high initially. With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here. We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Both hotfixes are being worked on now, with the goal of getting them out later today.

Does this hotfix help anyone who already turned in their emmissary? Or will they have to wait until next time?
09/24/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/24/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Glaiveglider
Can you give us the formula for how scaling is handled please?

2+2 is 4, minus 1 is 3.

But...but their maths are spot on how could such a bug go through??
We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Can we have those breakpoints published? As much fun as it is to read the wild theorycrafting of bosses killed / heart level / azerite in bags, I'd like to see a chart that says "If your ilvl is x, you get x"

Thanks!
Two quick updates:

This feels bad to have done the emissary this morning on multiple toons and now have this go through. I'm hoping that you'll reset the emissaries so we can do them again, or fix the loot in our bags, either way.
As 368 I get 355 too. But the GM said it should be 370 if I am above 367
10/09/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Ghostship
We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Can we have those breakpoints published? As much fun as it is to read the wild theorycrafting of bosses killed / heart level / azerite in bags, I'd like to see a chart that says "If your ilvl is x, you get x"

Thanks!

You mean like proper comunication instead of just delivering it without thinking about it and having to later fix leaving a ton of players impaired by it? The technology isn't there yet
Two quick updates:

Thank you for the update :) much appreciated.
10/09/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Eredim
You mean like proper comunication instead of just delivering it without thinking about it and having to later fix leaving a ton of players impaired by it? The technology isn't there yet

It takes a special kind of 'communication' to have them release a hotfix on a holiday, with no warning, explanation or anything at all to mark its release.

Good job, fellas. Really, top notch work.
Any chance we could get a communication of what the intended character ilvl breakpoints are for each level of emissary cache? So we can more easily know if we are mad because of a software defect or mad because we disagree where the breakpoints are.

Meaning what? Where is the threshold? By my count we are around 8-9 attempts to communicate how this mechanic works and its still unknown what the ACTUAL threshold is. Stop trying to obfuscate how everything in BfA works and just communicate it clearly and concisely. You would get so much simpler feedback and so much less angry feedback if you just told us things. Instead we continue to need to puzzle it out ourselves what ilvl things trigger at. WHY? What gameplay enjoyment do we gain by it being a mystery?