Upcoming Azerite Armor Improvements

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 33 34 35 45 Next
10/09/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Lore

Secondly, we agree that the requirements for the 370 caches were a little too high initially. With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here. We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

[/quote]

But you still won't tell us what the actual threshold is.....
We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Could we get an idea of what this arbitrary requirement was, and what it is going to be?

It's hard to tell if a system is working properly when we have to poll the community for an idea of what the requirements might be.
10/09/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Zhuren
Why does it even need to be based on your item history to begin with? Why can't it just be based on your general item level like every other world quest and emissary gear reward?

That's what we mean by item history. It calculates your general item level (as you put it) based on all items you've looted, including items you may no longer have. This way if you loot an item that's a few item levels higher than what you have equipped, then decide you don't want it and vendor or disenchant it, you're still seeing higher item level rewards from world quests, emissaries, etc.
10/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Lore
That's what we mean by item history. It calculates your general item level (as you put it) based on all items you've looted, including items you may no longer have. This way if you loot an item that's a few item levels higher than what you have equipped, then decide you don't want it and vendor or disenchant it, you're still seeing higher item level rewards from world quests, emissaries, etc.

So what kind of breakpoints / threseholds can you put on paper for us?
Meaning what? Where is the threshold? By my count we are around 8-9 attempts to communicate how this mechanic works and its still unknown what the ACTUAL threshold is. Stop trying to obfuscate how everything in BfA works and just communicate it clearly and concisely. You would get so much simpler feedback and so much less angry feedback if you just told us things. Instead we continue to need to puzzle it out ourselves what ilvl things trigger at. WHY? What gameplay enjoyment do we gain by it being a mystery?

This please. Everyone quote if you agree.
Two quick updates:

Based on reports, we were able to find a strange behavior where a player's loot history could be inaccurate depending on the loot specialization they had selected. We believe this is why some players with average item levels over a certain Azerite threshold were seeing rewards lower than expected (e.g. players with 371+ average item level getting 355 Azerite caches). We have a hotfix currently in testing to correct this issue.

Secondly, we agree that the requirements for the 370 caches were a little too high initially. With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here. We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Both hotfixes are being worked on now, with the goal of getting them out later today.

You might as well leave it until after this current set of WQ rewards expire. Tons of people already turned in their quests, and thus won't benefit from the hotfix. The only thing I've learned from all of these mistakes is that if there's something that benefits me, I need to do it immediately before you hotfix it away, and if there's something that doesn't benefit me, I need to wait until the very last second in case you buff it in a hotfix.

I'm sure you're tired of getting dogged on, but we're all a little tired of getting jerked around by this small indie company of yours.
Two quick updates:

Based on reports, we were able to find a strange behavior where a player's loot history could be inaccurate depending on the loot specialization they had selected. We believe this is why some players with average item levels over a certain Azerite threshold were seeing rewards lower than expected (e.g. players with 371+ average item level getting 355 Azerite caches). We have a hotfix currently in testing to correct this issue.

Both hotfixes are being worked on now, with the goal of getting them out later today.

It should scale like EVERY OTHER WQ AND EMISSARY IN THE GAME.

If your average ilvl is above 355, you should not be getting 340 or 355 azerite pieces.
Why does it even need to be based on your item history to begin with? Why can't it just be based on your general item level like every other world quest and emissary gear reward?

Can we please get a table of player ilvl vs reward ilvl? This is all we want
should be 355 to get 370 and 370 to get 385.
for those of us that finished the quest already, is there any change of it going the loot be changed retroactively? as a 366 lock who got a 355, I love the fact I got something with a trait I wanted, and would also love the 370 version of it.
I gave away a 370 trinket cause I didn't need it since it was worse than my 355, from a raid boss feels like now I am getting penalized for helping someone else out. Using a 375 and a 355. That 370 was never bound to me due to giving it away. They never seem to count stuff that was never bound to you.

My bag item level was decreased due to this.

With this change its basically like keep crappy gear no matter what for bag ilvl if its a bag ilvl increase.
Two quick updates:

Yeah my cache provided me with 285 ilevel azerite.

Just curious as to the process. What was the process in testing and deploying the previous emissary cache hotfix? The one that happened on Monday left numerous players stuck with the bug and I'm baffled as to how that got through testing.

Bugs like hunters getting shaman azerite traits; seems pretty niche and the GMs are handling it well. For those of us who got ultra low ilvl azerite because of the item history bug; we just got screwed and there's nothing the GMs can do about it.

Let's just say I'm no longer confident in these hotfixes.
10/09/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Ismashx

4 WQs and you want mythic raider loot? seriously?
Why don't we just award legendaries for everyone while we are at it
10/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Gozuk
10/09/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Ismashx

No. People who have grinded and gotten their average ilvl WAY above anything you could ever get doing WQ, want the WQ to be somewhat relevant to them. They should be scaling to be useful to do always for that player. Not forever useless by ALWAYS rewarding weaker gear than you already use.
Guys the hotfix is in testing. I think that is transparency enough. I am sure if they had the loot table threshold they would have shared it by now. Be patient and wait for your better loot. It is unfortunate that we have to wait but I am sure this is high priority.

Does that mean that all the trash greens i loot and DE drive my hidden item level down?
What a mess. I keep wondering if I would get second thoughts about cancelling and without a doubt I'm not getting a single one.
10/09/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Achendron
Guys the hotfix is in testing. I think that is transparency enough. I am sure if they had the loot table threshold they would have shared it by now. Be patient and wait for your better loot. It is unfortunate that we have to wait but I am sure this is high priority.

What do you think they are testing? They have the numbers. They're testing the numbers. Give me the numbers you're testing. I'll be the first person to tell you when your numbers aren't right.

I WANT THE NUMBERS.
10/09/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Sigma
10/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Gozuk

No. People who have grinded and gotten their average ilvl WAY above anything you could ever get doing WQ, want the WQ to be somewhat relevant to them. They should be scaling to be useful to do always for that player. Not forever useless by ALWAYS rewarding weaker gear than you already use.

No. World quests should not ever be dropping mythic raid loot. That's idiotic.

It's already free gear, be happy with what you're getting.