Upcoming Azerite Armor Improvements

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 35 36 37 45 Next
10/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Lore
10/09/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Zhuren
Why does it even need to be based on your item history to begin with? Why can't it just be based on your general item level like every other world quest and emissary gear reward?

That's what we mean by item history. It calculates your general item level (as you put it) based on all items you've looted, including items you may no longer have. This way if you loot an item that's a few item levels higher than what you have equipped, then decide you don't want it and vendor or disenchant it, you're still seeing higher item level rewards from world quests, emissaries, etc.

Lol, even their excuses are RNG.
10/09/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Lore
Two quick updates:

Based on reports, we were able to find a strange behavior where a player's loot history could be inaccurate depending on the loot specialization they had selected. We believe this is why some players with average item levels over a certain Azerite threshold were seeing rewards lower than expected (e.g. players with 371+ average item level getting 355 Azerite caches). We have a hotfix currently in testing to correct this issue.

Secondly, we agree that the requirements for the 370 caches were a little too high initially. With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here. We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Both hotfixes are being worked on now, with the goal of getting them out later today.

My Monk and Druid were both ~363-364 average ilevel when I turned it in earlier today, and I got a 355 azerite piece. Are you telling me I could've waited until another update came out and I would've gotten a 370 instead, but now I'm just SOL? This sucks.
10/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Lore
10/09/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Zhuren
Why does it even need to be based on your item history to begin with? Why can't it just be based on your general item level like every other world quest and emissary gear reward?

That's what we mean by item history. It calculates your general item level (as you put it) based on all items you've looted, including items you may no longer have. This way if you loot an item that's a few item levels higher than what you have equipped, then decide you don't want it and vendor or disenchant it, you're still seeing higher item level rewards from world quests, emissaries, etc.
Why can't we see this number in game? Let's try to be a little more transparent.
10/09/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Etamalgren
Two quick updates:

Based on reports, we were able to find a strange behavior where a player's loot history could be inaccurate depending on the loot specialization they had selected. We believe this is why some players with average item levels over a certain Azerite threshold were seeing rewards lower than expected (e.g. players with 371+ average item level getting 355 Azerite caches). We have a hotfix currently in testing to correct this issue.

Secondly, we agree that the requirements for the 370 caches were a little too high initially. With things like this, we tend to err on the side of being too conservative so that we can relax restrictions later if need be, and that's what we're doing here. We're going to lower the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite Armor in Emissary caches slightly in another upcoming hotfix.

Both hotfixes are being worked on now, with the goal of getting them out later today.

My Monk and Druid were both ~363-364 average ilevel when I turned it in earlier today, and I got a 355 azerite piece. Are you telling me I could've waited until another update came out and I would've gotten a 370 instead, but now I'm just SOL? This sucks.

That is exactly what he is saying.

To rub salt in the wound, not only do you now have to wait, but there is zero guarantee or timeframe of when another Azerite Cache emissary will pop for you. More RNG as a progression mechanism, lovely.

The emissary needs to be reset so everyone can take advantage of these fixes, period.
what if we already did the WQ. Are we out of luck for doing something that is meant to be done to give us something to do?
10/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Gozuk
10/09/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Ismashx
should be 355 to get 370 and 370 to get 385.

4 WQs and you want mythic raider loot? seriously?
Why don't we just award legendaries for everyone while we are at it

He wasn't saying, "Once you have a single 355 item, it should award 370".

He was saying, "Once you have your average item level to 355, it should award ilvl 370 Azerite pieces, and once you have your average item level to 370, it should award ilvl 385 Azerite pieces."

Given the scaling on other World Quest rewards, you aren't likely to hit either of those thresholds without raiding.

And the devs are *only* talking about raising the caps on the Emissary Cache Azerite items. Not the world quest rewards, not the other Emissary rewards.

This is just a way to help keep the Emissaries relevant, in the absence of post-Exalted rep.
Two quick updates:

What is the average item level threshold required to see 370 Azerite gear, anyway?
I'm sure this has been expressed numerous times but I'm guessing those of us who already got our 355 piece are S.O.L. and it's "better luck next time".

At this point there's just no predicting your next move Blizzard, because it's always either underwhelming or harmful to the player.
https://ibb.co/d652uU
10/09/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Phenomenaut

At this point there's just no predicting your next move Blizzard, because it's always either underwhelming or harmful to the player.

This. Every day, when I sit down to start playing, I check wowhead, mmo-champ and forums to see what they’ve broken or what people are upset about so I know what to avoid.

Holding onto my 7th Legion turn-in until they do w/e it is they’re doing...
This whole thing is such a clown fiesta. Blizzard, you NEED to learn from your mistakes and not repeat this crap in future expansions.
well congrats on making the whole expansion punitive. I can't believe that after 14 years I'm having problems figuring out how to continue on the questlines. or finding where to turn !@#$ in. :(
Blizzard Quality assurance has been worst it has ever been in history of game through this expansion.
A hotfix needed for a hotfix because it was poorly implemented and screwed up to begin with.

Now those that turned in the emissary are just SOL because of not waiting for the 'mistake' to be fixed.

I'd rather just lose the item that I got and have the emissary be reset, since it's not useable to me in any form as it is.
You guys should take a real hard look at how often you're hotfixing content that's less than 24 hours old, and hotfixing hotfixes.

It's getting embarrassing at this point.
What happens for those of us who already turned in the WQ?
Lots of silence because too many shots got fired and they don't have quick fixes for all the holes. I didn't need to be spit in the face by the maker of the game when I logged on. Not the best way to start the game session with a punch in the face to morale.
10/09/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Praisekek
Blizzard Quality assurance has been worst it has ever been in history of game through this expansion.

So much this. I feel it's unfortunate that Lore gets to feel the brunt of the communities ire over things outside his control as he seems like a chill guy doing his job. He doesn't make design decisions, he just has the unfortunate job of delivering the bad news.
I am kicking myself for turning it in. I knew I should have waited.
Don't forget everyone, after they change the hotfix to the hotfix on the azerite gear you sold/disenchanted, you get to wait 15 days to put in a ticket to get it back. Everything is fine. McForged.