Look at all of these unsubs

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
I haven't played every expansion, but I've played BC-Wrath, then WoD-now. I've never had this many friends quit before. I don't want this to be another "Azerite is horrible," post, but man is it ever... It seems like, to me at least, they could easily do many things: get rid of the gold cost to switch traits, nix the bad traits or put like, a dozen traits on each piece, make azerite pieces farmable, idk. I just don't wanna keep losing people because then I'll end up leaving too. I honestly just wish Blizzard had listened to more feedback earlier on, but they always seem so hard focused on doing what they want to, regardless of how it gets received in alpha/beta/PTR. Make wow fun again (or make 5 man raids a thing).
I feel, in my personal opinion, that MoP was the last expansion that was “good”

Blizzard has now went with the mobile game idea on an MMO. (Login to do time gated content (wqs) then log out/wait 12 hours for them to spawn) sounds like those mobile games where it takes 12 hours to build a house, huh?

I mean, they base the game off of MAUs now, so that’s understandable.

Oh well I guess? Lol
Genius

instead of bad traits how about good ones.... like a dozen good ones.

Blizzard need to hire this dood fast.
They'll be back! They'll *all* come crawling back, begging for more AP, more world quests and more Azerite, and admitting they were wrong to ever leave us.
I'm at the point now that I pretty much play the current content, unsub till next major content patch, resub for a month, play that content, then unsub again. WoW just isn't holding me like it used to.
10/03/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Blôôdvalor
I'm at the point now that I pretty much play the current content, unsub till next major content patch, resub for a month, play that content, then unsub again. WoW just isn't holding me like it used to.

That is exactly what the AP system was meant to counter, not to the benefit of the player, to the benefit of the sub. everything they have changed or done the last 3 expansions was to keep people from unsubbing and waiting for the next big patch. They have been trying to keep the chicken hitting the feeder bar but it hasnt been working
I've got 41 hours left on my sub and I'm debating resubbing. I'm actually having a good time leveling my shadow priest, but... 100% of the actual fun I'm having is in old content, doing questing zones I haven't done since they redid them in Cataclysm. Once I level an alt to 110, I park it because BfA content is meh at best. If I level one to 120, it's just so I can farm xmogs in WoD / Legion content.
This is the system you're stuck with. It's a total wreck in every possible way but it won't change. In order to change the system blizzard would have to admit that they failed completely on a fundamental aspect of the expansion, that will never happen.

I will be staying to kill heroic ghuun. After which I will likely move on. I don't do anything else in the game anymore as is. There are no more carrots for me to chase. I'm not grinding AP. It's boring and I refuse.

The azerite traits should have been a talent tree in the neck and we should still have set bonuses. The sheer amount of lazy that went into this expansion is unreal. They took everything fun away and gave us some disgusting random damage procs.

I genuinely hate the people that thought up this system.
Obviously you don’t read the forums

People have been saying they are quitting for 14 years straight

They always come back
If only they had some kind of beta with feedback telling them how awful the system was!
More than a few friends who played basically all of legion are quitting.

I think it's fair to say at this point BFA is a failure. Maybe not a total abject mess, but it's certainly not a worthy successor to legion, and I don't know how anyone could argue it is.
10/03/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Lazzlow
Obviously you don’t read the forums

People have been saying they are quitting for 14 years straight

They always come back

90+% of the people who have played this game are not playing it. Most people who quit eventually quit for good.
I would rather play WoD content any day over BfA content. Thats how much I hate this expansion.
10/03/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Daggri

I think it's fair to say at the point BFA is a failure. Maybe not a total abject mess, but it's certainly not a worthy successor to legion, and I don't know how anyone could argue it is.

I think the most frustrating part is that most of the things BFA introduced could have been implemented in much more enjoyable ways, and made this an overall decent expansion.

- Azerite gear could have been a way to switch up how your character plays without having drastic changes in your spec's viability in its role.
- Warfronts could have been like a way cooler version of AV.
- Expeditions could have been actual expeditions, with legit exploration and randomly-generated cool stuff to do and get. Think Gauntlet, or any of the other Roguelike games.

But, what we get is the lame mobile-game version of everything.
I've already logged in for the day, checked out what the emissary reward is, 100% not interested in AP, 340 gear, war resources or reputation, browsed the map looking for WQs that looked interesting (nada), clicked my follower table to see 1 follower quest for AP and the rest for reputation (I'm already exalted with everything), logged on my bank toon to see how my sales are going, then logged off and have been here ever since.

Seriously. I spend more time and engage with more players here than I do in the actual game.
10/03/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Assistance

I think it's fair to say at the point BFA is a failure. Maybe not a total abject mess, but it's certainly not a worthy successor to legion, and I don't know how anyone could argue it is.

I think the most frustrating part is that most of the things BFA introduced could have been implemented in much more enjoyable ways, and made this an overall decent expansion.

- Azerite gear could have been a way to switch up how your character plays without having drastic changes in your spec's viability in its role.
- Warfronts could have been like a way cooler version of AV.
- Expeditions could have been actual expeditions, with legit exploration and randomly-generated cool stuff to do and get. Think Gauntlet, or any of the other Roguelike games.

But, what we get is the lame mobile-game version of everything.

That's what really stings. Sure the xpac is buggy, but the worst failures are DESIGN failures. Not "oh we didn't have the resources" or "oh we didn't have time" but just bad ideas being what they went with, and that's a lot harder to forgive. If it was just a lack of resources there would be hope things could get better, but when the people making choices are fundamentally directing the resources they DO have into yawning pits of awfulness it's hard to have hope.
Played for about a month but couldn't take how bad this expansion...
currently unsubbed and uninstalled.

my major issues was the WQ's every day, Azerite Gear is horrible rng, constantly having to sim craft when getting a new piece, The sheer audacity of the "free mount" with 6 months of game time, destroying leveling from 1. Even the stat squish was unnecessary. The absolutely insane amount of gold it cost to reforge azerite gear? seriously who's bright idea was that?

The few things I did like were the salvage yard and the gold making potential...but it's not enough for me to resub...maybe I will when legacy servers come but even that's not garunteed
It sucks when friends quit I had every friend i made in TBC quit on me, cataclysm and Mop, Wod. I know 1 dude I still play with from those Mop days 2012.
10/03/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Dliver
They'll be back! They'll *all* come crawling back, begging for more AP, more world quests and more Azerite, and admitting they were wrong to ever leave us.

how so you do know AP is the worst thing you can get when you need a weapon or some loot but nope all you see is AP 2.0 then you have the Bonus Rolls that has a drop rate for Loot its almost 99% AP and 0.01% for loot from the bonus roll.
i have had 3 friends call it quits in the last 2 weeks now i feel lost