Look at all of these unsubs

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
10/04/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Dayshadez
Ways to fix wow
- Bring back 10 man raids in mythic content (it was labeled heroic back in MoP)
- AP grinding is literally aids. Worse chore in the game by far. Im ok with grinds but AP is soooooo slow. It is a grind on the Everquest level. Speed it up.
- Take azurite armor and bring back tier sets. At least the tier sets switched their bonuses based on what spec you play without causing mass gold loss. Raid mats already drain the bank. OR make Azurite much less grindy and put better thought into the traits. They are terribly unbalanced and boring.
- Give us some single boss raids again. Mag, Gruul, Onyxia, Malygos, Dragon Sanctum in WotLK. Bring back the pvp zone bosses. These were all very popular and significant raids in their times. Why they were discontinued after WotLK and Cata are unknown. My guess is laziness or being cheap.
- Bring back dps threat reduction abilities. You shouldn't nerf threat to Lich King levels without reintroducing the threat reduction abilities of that era
- Revert mythic plus back to where it was in Legion. It was fun in Legion. In BFA its...aids. Dont fix stuff that ain't broke.
These are a couple of my personal suggestions. Doubt anyone in Blizzard will read them but here they are

This is what i like to see +1 for this Post.
Well people keep saying unsubs, but I think the more accurate number is "active logins"; this information we don't have, but Blizzard does. Hopefully they monitor it to see the impact of their changes to the game.

In my guild, logins has dropped like a stone in the last 2 weeks... badly.

As for the fixes proposed, I don't think a single one will increase logins; these would:

1. upgrade the mission table to be as lucrative as Legion; its just a fact that this engaged people for years, not weeks, because it was worthwhile

2. bring back resiliance/PvP gear; make it so to do well in PvP, you have to PvP. Because the best gear for PvP is had doing PvE, it makes PvP worthless

3. bring back reforging and enhance it; so that we could farm to make our gear better; add chants for all slots, gems for all slots; this is the stuff that rewarded people for farming

4. remove the key penalty for not finishing mythic+ in time; have it so that finishing in ANY time means the key stays. You need to encourage people to play, not have people only run their key if they are 99% sure they will beat it. Participation is more valuable, get people trying new things.

5. add less raid content and more dungeons. I think raid is mostly hype, 99% of the people I see don't raid... at all... but they *all* do dungeons.
10/04/2018 02:49 AMPosted by Oxlotus
There are people out there that enjoy farming Azerite. I'm not claiming to be one of them, but it's just as likely for someone to enjoy the farm as there is someone who doesn't.

Blizzard will never make everyone happy; it's a psychologically impossible task. I don't mean this from a mammoth of a stance that Blizzard is in, servicing millions of players across multiple games and genres. I mean this from a fundamental perspective on human behavior and what our minds are capable of bearing.

If you've ever been in this situation: taking one road will make Friend A happy but Friend B mad, while taking the other road will make Friend B happy but Friend A mad, then you've been where Blizzard is now, and has been for years. The feeling(s) we accrue in these situations are very degrading on our psyche; we want to please both friends because we don't want to hurt either of them.

All the same, if you're not having fun because others aren't having fun, then you're fundamentally empathic. It's a both a blessing and a curse of a characteristic to possess.

I hope you find new friends that enjoy the game, and I hope you find newfound fun in the game. :)

This is gaslighting to a new level here. I don't like BFA and I am sure many do as well because some of us personally don't like it, not because someone told me so , some videos on YouTube or a review on a site.

I don't even have many friends in the game and they all ok with it because they is still raiding, so that means I should love BFA now?
10/03/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Dliver
They'll be back! They'll *all* come crawling back, begging for more AP, more world quests and more Azerite, and admitting they were wrong to ever leave us.

*One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us* *One of us*
10/03/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Peapöd
I would rather play WoD content any day over BfA content. Thats how much I hate this expansion.

Negatory. The only good thing about WoD was gladiator stance.
10/03/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Blitzkareeg
We are below 3 mil. I would literally bet my youngest sons life on it.

BFA sold what, 3.5 at the start, factor in all those people who waited for after launch or just don't buy expansions, you just committed murder buddy.
joined a guild recently.

unless it's raid time, nobody is on. they don't do anything besides log in to raid. and then log out.

even during the weekend maybe only 1 or 2 people log in besides me.
I've had a different personal experience with my own guild. I'm hard-pressed to think of a single person in it that explicitly stopped playing because of the direction of the game. Everyone that had stopped playing did so because of unrelated IRL circumstances. At most, I could say that non-raid night numbers are relatively low, but they're no worse than they were during most of Legion.

Does this take away from the fact that there are people unsubbing for this reason? Not really. But it's definitely not a universal epidemic.
there are NO published numbers on subscriptions. BS post.
10/04/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Crepe
It's not unusual. I've been watching these forums since the first year of the game and we go through cycles of this all the time. The major difference from back then is that the game isn't going through the explosive growth that it did back then so people joining don't overshadow people leaving.

We have this tendency to take our fairly limited view of the population of the game as indicative of the whole. That's probably not accurate at any point in time. We're better off talking about what we like and don't like and what we want to see more of and less of.

Fixating on population and not discussing what we actually want? Really doesn't tell them where we want them to go.

The quit posts was mostly bored players that was burned out. Some people quitted at the end of expansion due to boredom because the teir lasted way to long but never at that start of expansion like BFA.

The population was still more stable then because it was mostly the FOTM hardcores taking a break than having most of the base quit due to bad decisions.

It only happened twice with Cata and WOD that Blizzard worried more about the hardcore and set the game up the way they liked it and paided for it in the end with massive sub lost.

Yet in BFA blizzard so worried about saving time that they hoped that it would saved the hardcore players form quitting by dragging out game play so thin and so slow till it enough to stay till the end with dull chores and game play. So again the players is quitting...

So will take three times to learn form same mistake of only caring about the needs of the exterme hardcore than the average player base?
I feel like people who actually unsub just do. They don't drag their feet about it. Most people post here for the drama. They want attention. I honestly think the ones who are absolutely bitter don't really want WoW to change.
I read through all the posts.

I finally pulled the trigger and unsubbed three accounts today. I just lost the feeling of fun.

I'm going to get exalted with all the factions...a few to go and then patiently wait for something to drastically change with their interpretation of fun and mine before trying again.
10/03/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Mulgrim
My sub ends in a week or so, trying to level Mulgrim really damaged my interest. If Zandalari do get Paladins I'll probably come back. For now I'll play ESO.

Pretty much this. I've got about 10 days left I think. Then if and when the MMO itch recurs, it will be ESO.
10/04/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Meanpal
there are NO published numbers on subscriptions. BS post.

That's like waiting for the newspaper story before deciding your house is on fire.
You always get your unsub crew at the start of a expansion. Then they either stay or leave and it all settles down. Been happening since vanilla wow. When WoW was first released players said it would never last and left. Here we are years later.
10/04/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Crepe
It's not unusual. I've been watching these forums since the first year of the game and we go through cycles of this all the time. The major difference from back then is that the game isn't going through the explosive growth that it did back then so people joining don't overshadow people leaving.

We have this tendency to take our fairly limited view of the population of the game as indicative of the whole. That's probably not accurate at any point in time. We're better off talking about what we like and don't like and what we want to see more of and less of.

Fixating on population and not discussing what we actually want? Really doesn't tell them where we want them to go.

There are tons of threads telling them where they need to go...
10/03/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Hezzlocks
10/03/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Peapöd
I would rather play WoD content any day over BfA content. Thats how much I hate this expansion.

So you'd rather no content over content? Gotcha.

The content there was in WOd was better then the content in BFA. The classes in Wod was far superior to BFA classes. I would rather play quality over quantity
10/03/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Wongo
Genius
instead of bad traits how about good ones.... like a dozen good ones.
Blizzard need to hire this dood fast.

Can you imagine a CRAZY system where the traits could be:
Trait 1: +100 (AGI/INT/STR)
Trait 2: +200 (AGI/INT/STR)
Trait 3: +300 (AGI/INT/STR)
Trait 4: +400 (AGI/INT/STR)
Trait 5: +500 (AGI/INT/STR)

Can you image, the people looking at this and thinking, well totally worth I try to get the next point? O maybe don't being necessary make crazy math ans NASA calculations to see it the trait is good?

I know, I'M CRAZY TO THINK that simple.
10/04/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Toughguybob
10/03/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Blitzkareeg
We are below 3 mil. I would literally bet my youngest sons life on it.

BFA sold what, 3.5 at the start, factor in all those people who waited for after launch or just don't buy expansions, you just committed murder buddy.

Eh..

I bought the Digital Deluxe version of it, and the physical CE and I haven't logged in but 2 times in the past 4 weeks and haven't even leveled. I don't like this expansion at all.

I usually love leveling, but since they have broken any sense of power progression while leveling it has totally taken the enjoyment away from the game for me.
10/04/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Invy
We have told them over and over where we want them to go and what we don't like.

You've told them where you want them to go. There is no we, you speak for yourself and yourself alone. Just because you provide feedback, does not mean Blizzard has to agree with it. Even if there are 10, or even a 100, people who agree with you about that feedback, doesn't mean the feedback is useful or good. It also doesn't mean Blizzard has to agree or use it.

There are 5+ million players playing this game. Each one of them has a different idea for what would make the game fun for them, and usually them alone. No way they can, or should use every suggestion from every one of those players.