Gold in BfA

General Discussion
09/26/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Krokloxion
It's all longboi's fault.

This.

On the flip side though, that guy costs $1000 in real money right now with token prices where they are which is a big win for Blizzard's finances.
I saw a long boi today cant believe there is a mount worth that kinda money lol you could buy black ops 4 copies and literally sell them.
09/27/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Shïvana
09/27/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Whoot
its blizz, its pay to win.

Win what?

So many people are unable to see the big picture.
09/27/2018 12:27 AMPosted by Rent
09/27/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Whoot
its blizz, its pay to win.

But even pay to win is !@#$ right now. 100k a token is what 10 anchor weed?

10 anchor weed is 100k?
09/26/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Stinkmeener
09/26/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Sorelai

Token price is half what it was six months ago.

Yup. Bought 200k token my first time.

Now near 100k.

Recently got a 355 boe, sold for 200k.

Wow your server's economy f'd up. Anyways, that's the thing. Whenever I see something in the AH that costs 100k+ I think to myself "would you pay 20 dollars for this !@#$ you'll probably replace in 2-3 more runs?" And then don't.
It feels like there's been an effort to make people run out of gold this expansion.

- Mats are rare enough that flasks, pots, gems and enchants are crazy expensive
Not Blizzard's fault. Blame your server.
- Seal cost gone up
- Azerite traits expensive to change
It is once you keep swaping out a lot. Have back up azerite gear instead of getting rid of it.
- Cost of recipes and mounts gone up
What was the cost of mounts in Legion? Did you know WoD has insane mount prices too. Nothing odd or different here unless you mean like the dino mount. The Spider mount in Legion was expensive.
- Gold from WQ gone down
Nope they haven't actually. Legion started off low gold also and ended still with WQ gold low. Please don't compare the full expansion of Legion to a 1 1/2 month expansion. Legions first month had gold this low too.
- Gold from missions gone down
Nope they haven't actually. Legion started off low gold for mission tables also. Please don't compare the full expansion of Legion to a 1 1/2 month expansion. Legions first month had gold this low too.

These are just off the top of my head, but the game feels a little silly with gold right now. I know there are those that are rich, but you need to have a money making profession and dedicate some serious time to it. Time I don't really have. Flasks/pots/food for raiding feels out of the question right now.
Sounds like very short term memory. Legion prices on all these things were extremely high out of the gate too. Flasks were actually a lot higher in the first 1 1/2 months of Legion compared to BfA. Please stop trying to reach hard in finding any way to bash Blizzard and WoW. It is getting extremely old.
09/27/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Maraloc
09/26/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Stinkmeener

Yup. Bought 200k token my first time.

Now near 100k.

Recently got a 355 boe, sold for 200k.

Wow your server's economy f'd up. Anyways, that's the thing. Whenever I see something in the AH that costs 100k+ I think to myself "would you pay 20 dollars for this !@#$ you'll probably replace in 2-3 more runs?" And then don't.

Well Twisting Nether is a low pop realm maybe that is apart of it?

Also could have been transmog value.

Guys on WoW Economy said I'd be lucky to sell for even 55k on their realms.

It was a random mob drop. Bought bags, and a chopper
Run out of gold, sell a WoW token for gold, Blizzard makes an extra $20 off of you. Seems like a win win for them.
The gold inflation in legion was out of control, it had to be toned down a bit.

It should all go down in time, Blizzard needs to put more work into the economy.
But the last thing players should want is huge gold injections :( So hopefully blizzard is watching whats going on.
Rather tha deflation, why don't we go to the Zimbabwe model. Free gold for all!
09/26/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Laserpickles
09/26/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Hushups
I've been raking in the gold so far in BfA. Mining and herbalism are your friends.

People could play the game and make gold in Legion. We have absolutely no interest in rejoining the sweatshop (grinding) which isn't enjoyable or immersive.

So like a typical millennial, you enjoy "having the freedom to live my life" while mom does your laundry.
I have made about 700k this expansion. All through farming herbs and selling scrap materials. You can do it yourself as well. About 45 min a day and you are in the cash.
09/27/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Tarc
09/26/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Laserpickles

People could play the game and make gold in Legion. We have absolutely no interest in rejoining the sweatshop (grinding) which isn't enjoyable or immersive.

So like a typical millennial, you enjoy "having the freedom to live my life" while mom does your laundry.

:| Except that's not what he said.
Probably by design, with how easy it was to make gold previously do you really think blizzard liked the idea of people basically playing wow for free and trading gold for credits on their store?!? I assume they didn't think that through well enough with the shareholders in mind.
09/26/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Sorelai

Token price is half what it was six months ago.

No one will buy 200k tokens if they don’t have mission table gold.
If you can’t make gold with how easy profs are to access then you’re bad.

If you don’t feel like you are making enough gold by not earning the. You are bad.

Professions are another facet to the game like raiding and arenas.

You don’t get the best loot in the game without raiding high tiers.

You don’t get the best titles and pvp gear without pvp it.

So you shouldn’t get the most gold I. The game without utilizing professions and making gold with them instead of your mobile app or wq mini games.

I’m glad they made currency destruction more than currency generation. Deflation is what the game needs and random players shouldn’t have as much Purchase Parity for doing mission boards.

It’s called a profession for a reaso .
^ Yep!

I don't mine or herb actively (just while doing WQ's) and make between 50-100k per day. Literally all I do is buy mats, craft and post. I sell no raw materials.

The professions that make me the most money have rank 3's.

Here's the thing about raiding. If you are forcing yourself to buy these potions, flasks and food, those are the professions you should be working on. Making 50k per day means not spending that 50k per day.
i could farm up a wowtoken in 1 day if i really tried.
I'll just leave this here for those that share the OP's thoughts on the subject, especially this one:

09/26/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Vanaerah
but you need to have a money making profession and dedicate some serious time to it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769426854#post-1
09/27/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Stinkmeener
09/27/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Tarc

:| Except that's not what he said.

That's exactly what he said, you stupid smiley notwithstanding. They person wants to make gold passively, and not have to go through the drudgery of, y'know, doing stuff. Like herb-picking, mining, fishing, crafting.

Clicky-clicky-table-table, done-done. I did my fair share of that in Legion too, but also went out and farmed for stuff to sell on the AH.