Classic wow is a joke

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
Mod Edit: This thread is not constructive towards WoW Classic. Please check the forum Code of Conduct before making threads. Thanks.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

I see all this big talk about people saying they are leaving to play classic wow.

That’s going to last a few days at most and they will be bored to tears. I mean come on you are telling us you are going to be happy with a level 60 level cap and the only raids will be molten core and bwl. Yeah sure and I have ocean front property in Arizona I need to sell you.
That’s like, your opinion, man.
10/01/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Rasoni
I see all this big talk about people saying they are leaving to play classic wow.

That’s going to last a few days at most and they will be bored to tears. I mean come on you are telling us you are going to be happy with a level 60 level cap and the only raids will be molten core and bwl. Yeah sure and I have ocean front property in Arizona I need to sell you.

Classic stayed popular for a long time back when it was released, but that was only because it was new. Surely, there will be a swell of players who migrate over to vanilla servers, at least to try out. After realizing how unpolished the game was compared to now, most will return, or maybe just quit if they have had it with live servers.
I kinda agree... Numbers will be high at first but will eventually die out. Much less to do in Classic if they stay true to the original.

How much?
Only MC and BWL?
You obviously didn't play the game.

You are missing about 5 raids.

Classic will probably destroy BFA's sub numbers.
Then I will come back to this thread and laugh.
It will be Epic/Legendary - Scarab Lords and world first Naxx clear.

Then it will be, well, supported by Blizzard.
I may come back for classic, and I may not. In any event, I'm taking a break from BfA.
I will never understand why the people that hates Classic cares about the people that are excited for it.

Every time I see a thread like this, it gives credit to the conspiracy theory that people like the OP are afraid of Classic being more popular than current.

I'm as cynical as they come, but you never know. I do doubt it will have a massive sustained player base. But it will have an audience. Even if just for a few years. But that's ok. That's still hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours entertainment for thousands of people. That seems worth the effort.

And it will also have AQ 20/40 and Naxx.

I respect your right to express an opinion, but I also respect the right of others to try something they once enjoyed before all the expansions changed that or, in my case, never tried before. I honestly think I'm going to enjoy it.

Their money, their sub, their choice.
10/01/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Tovi
I will never understand why the people that hates Classic cares about the people that are excited for it.
Because they always post threads here and trash retail. They also aren't the most pleasant bunch.
10/01/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Dùbbs

Classic stayed popular for a long time back when it was released, but that was only because it was new. Surely, there will be a swell of players who migrate over to vanilla servers, at least to try out. After realizing how unpolished the game was compared to now, most will return, or maybe just quit if they have had it with live servers.

you call todays turd of a game polished?? rofl. this is by far the worst expac ever produced, this is nothing but a fail system, bugg stacked patch of legion. Classic may have had its issues but it had substance behind it. this turd has nothing but failed expectations and let down.
10/01/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Dekkers
Only MC and BWL?
You obviously didn't play the game.

You are missing about 5 raids.

Classic will probably destroy BFA's sub numbers.
Then I will come back to this thread and laugh.

Lol it really won't. There is definitely a market for it or blizzard wouldn't bother though...

I'll try it, hell I'll probably keep playing it. Will I play it over new content though? Probably not. Something fun to go mess around with.
The current player base isn't going to be able to handle Classic.

Months of leveling?
Months of grinding challenging dungeons for specific pieces of Fire Resist gear
Hours of the most brutal raid trash in Molten Core
Only to earn 2 pieces to split between 40 people.

Its going to be great to watch.
10/01/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
10/01/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Tovi
Because they always post threads here and trash retail. They also aren't the most pleasant bunch.

The only trash I’ve seen is “lol u cant handle Classic hur dur. “
i enjoyed the dungeons as much as anyone back then.
but i dont know if i have it in me now to spend 4 hours in a wing or two of mara.

i am looking forward to it for sure, but im not certain i will be able to deal with the crawl.
I'm going to play both...Windfury Shaman is the draw to classic for me though so no raiding.

I just miss my Tauren Windfury Shaman man...

Not going to lie though I won't be on classic much.

I was in the open beta for WoW classic and played for awhile at launch because SWG had recently suffered the NGE and was reduced to rubble.
Been there done that. Will dabble with it but doubt it will hold my attention for long. Its one thing to replay an RPG game every so often, its way different replaying an MMORPG.
Classic WoW needs to be more like Classic WoW enhanced with a new raid released every 6 months. Probably even include mythic + dungeons, x-realm group finder, and frequent tuning updates. It'll be like none of the expansions ever happened. Also, race servers so people can compete against one another for raid kills that have a reset period. Should also bring arena and rated bg's into the fold. They're better than the classic system.

If they do it any other way, it's going to fade out quickly. Like WoD and the 10 year anniversary event.