Classic wow is a joke

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 16 Next
[quote

Not as many as you think. At this point Skyrim and Morrowind and even old runescape is played by a vocal minority.[/quote]

And you know this how? Most people play these games off-line
10/01/2018 12:22 PMPosted by King
10/01/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Rasoni
I see all this big talk about people saying they are leaving to play classic wow.

That’s going to last a few days at most and they will be bored to tears. I mean come on you are telling us you are going to be happy with a level 60 level cap and the only raids will be molten core and bwl. Yeah sure and I have ocean front property in Arizona I need to sell you.
private server populations directly contradict your opinion.

Don't underestimate the power of free.
10/01/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Notagin
10/01/2018 12:22 PMPosted by King
... private server populations directly contradict your opinion.

Don't underestimate the power of free.

Most are willing to pay. They want the content and would pay a subscription for it delivered stable and quality controlled.
And not even a funny one.
I plan on bumping this thread in about a year.
I'll slow level a warrior, I remember that process distinctly, pull 1 or 2 mobs, kill them, bandage and eat, rinse and repeat, slow and tedious but once I hit 60 and gear up I become a god....that's progression, oh and a close server community of players who are inter dependent upon one another to get stuff done, not some random pleb who screams go go go go go then has a tantrum and starts chain pulling/kicking and loot hoarding with zero consequences.
The thing I don't get about Classic wow is how is it going to sustain a player base if no new content is ever going to be released for it?

Are people just going to run the same few dungeons and raids forever and be content with that?

Not to mention that these aren't even new dungeons or raids to begin with, they're the same ones we spent hours in back when WoW was first released.

Just seems weird to me that people are so excited to invest time into leveling characters that will eventually hit a dead end that never goes away.

It's like being exited to play a dead MMO that's lost dev support so no new content will ever be released for it.
10/01/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Dùbbs
I see all this big talk about people saying they are leaving to play classic wow.

That’s going to last a few days at most and they will be bored to tears. I mean come on you are telling us you are going to be happy with a level 60 level cap and the only raids will be molten core and bwl. Yeah sure and I have ocean front property in Arizona I need to sell you.

Classic stayed popular for a long time back when it was released, but that was only because it was new. Surely, there will be a swell of players who migrate over to vanilla servers, at least to try out. After realizing how unpolished the game was compared to now, most will return, or maybe just quit if they have had it with live servers.

lmao implying bfa has any polish on it whatsoever
10/01/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Surora

No world quests, no daily quests, no flying, no dungeon finder, only 1 dungeon and raid difficulty, and much more.

Sounds great
Just see what happens. Let people want what they want and find out for themselves. I am skeptical about classic myself... I never played it. There are a lot of conveniences we have now that classic did not have that Im not sure I'd like to be without. But I still plan to check it out, provided its not behind some silly paywall for us to get access to an insanely outdated version of what we already own. If it is , I wont waste the money.

Collecting stuff is a major part of this game. I think once a lot of people realize the vanity items are nothing near as impressive as they are now as well as other collectibles.(Think about it, how often do you farm vanilla raids for xmog, pets, or mounts?) They'll start heading back to BFA on that alone, another huge majority will head back once they see all of the quality of life improvements they wont have, others will be back due to class imbalances, some for the poor graphics(if they go with the old graphics), etc.. then the few that will remain, will most likely get bored especially once they come to the realization no new content will be added to it. No new patches to fix any issues or change things up to look forward to. Absolutely nothing will change. I think that will inevitably be the death of it. It may take a few years, but I highly doubt it will have near the longevity live has had.

BFA/live is certainly in no danger, imo as the overhyped keep trying to claim lol. I actually think Classic will share the same subscription with live. Either that or it will be a seperate one time purchase then free to play after that. In reality it cant and wont compete with bfa/live once nostalgia and hype wears off and the masses that flocked to classic start going back to live.

But we will just have to wait and see.

I do disagree that its a joke though. I think its a cool option to have, especially if its available under the same sub as live. It will give people a chance to see what has changed that they have forgotten and others that didnt get to experience vanilla. And it will be a nice change of pace for a little while for a lot of people when they get tired of live.
Same people trashing classic, are the same who said blizzard would never create a Classic server. Who's laughing now? Lmao
10/01/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Carpelpummel

Classic stayed popular for a long time back when it was released, but that was only because it was new. Surely, there will be a swell of players who migrate over to vanilla servers, at least to try out. After realizing how unpolished the game was compared to now, most will return, or maybe just quit if they have had it with live servers.

lmao implying bfa has any polish on it whatsoever

Pretty sure they weren't talking about just BFA. Live as a whole has made massive leaps over the years and gotten tons of polish that classic didnt have.
10/01/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Leo
The thing I don't get about Classic wow is how is it going to sustain a player base if no new content is ever going to be released for it?

Are people just going to run the same few dungeons and raids forever and be content with that?

Not to mention that these aren't even new dungeons or raids to begin with, they're the same ones we spent hours in back when WoW was first released.

Just seems weird to me that people are so excited to invest time into leveling characters that will eventually hit a dead end that never goes away.

It's like being exited to play a dead MMO that's lost dev support so no new content will ever be released for it.

The truth is its not sustainable. People will get bored, the same people begging for it are probably the same ones that spend hours afk in Org or Goldshire one they burn out new content. Then you'll have people start begging for new content to be added, just dont change x or y. That wont happen because it wont be classic anymore and it will fade out... Maybe not. Just a guess though
10/01/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Tødo
The truth is its not sustainable. People will get bored, the same people begging for it are probably the same ones that spend hours afk in Org or Goldshire one they burn out new content.

Who cares if people get bored eventually? People just want to play the game for a few months or maybe years, it doesn't have to be the last thing they do for the rest of their lives.
Gonna be hilarious if retail shares the same fate as Runescape when OSRS came out LOL

Then Blizzard might start making content for Classic WoW. New areas/ dungeons/ while sticking to Classic gameplay and design. I mean it's a bit premature for you people to start crying. Save it for later.
10/01/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Sacres
10/01/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Tødo
The truth is its not sustainable. People will get bored, the same people begging for it are probably the same ones that spend hours afk in Org or Goldshire one they burn out new content.

Who cares if people get bored eventually? People just want to play the game for a few months or maybe years, it doesn't have to be the last thing they do for the rest of their lives.

I didnt say anyone did. I was just saying that it wont be sustainable. Im glad Classic is coming out. I never got to play vanilla myself. I will be checking it out. Whether that will be for hours, days, weeks, or months, idk... But I do know I will get burned out especially with nothing new to look forward to(provided I like it enough to get to that point with it). With that said, I do think people are fooling themselves into how great Classic was/will be and the longevity of it if they actually think its going to hurt the numbers for live in any lasting or meaningful way. Maybe for a couple weeks after release, if at all.
10/01/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Easybreezy

you call todays turd of a game polished?? rofl. this is by far the worst expac ever produced, this is nothing but a fail system, bugg stacked patch of legion. Classic may have had its issues but it had substance behind it. this turd has nothing but failed expectations and let down.

You never played classic if you think today's general population is going to do it with a smile.
Nostalrius had a stable pop of 6k players before they were shut down.
If they don't launch classic and prevent people from logging on for 2 weeks, it wont be the same experience.

What are you so worried about if it is really going to be as bad as you say?