People want classic to fail

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
10/01/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Härländ
Its a massive lie that players have gotten better in WoW, the truth is there are just as many suck players as ever, and just as many great players as ever.

Wrong.

There's far less new players joining the game. Almost everyone who does something in life will get better at it as time goes on. Players are far better now because the population of Vanilla went from something like 400k to 7 million; there were always new players who didn't know how to play or it was their first MMORPG and now today, this isn't most people's first rodeo.
10/01/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Champlainz
She is just as petty as she perceives others.

Almost as petty as screaming and kicking and not allowing the forum rules to apply to oneself, bypassing them with the creation of a dozen accounts.

:)
Oh there is no shortage of bad players out there, that much is certain. On Northdale, nearly every night I am running into poor players. Don't get me wrong, as long as they are cool and trying, I don't mind at all. But trust me, poor players are everywhere.
10/01/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Menard
So, lets take someone who is casual like Tradechat. (I'd assume she's casual, dont know). But if she is casual. Would you rather watch her doing relatively easy content. Or would you watch someone who is a rank 14 going around crushing people 1 vs 2 or 1vs3?

I guess. I mean, does anyone generally like seeing casual, bad players doing low tier content in general? Even if its retail?
Im going to play classic wow because I want to play classic wow. Idgaf about streamers or their income. Sorry....I really dont.
10/01/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Pwigg
10/01/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Menard
So, lets take someone who is casual like Tradechat. (I'd assume she's casual, dont know). But if she is casual. Would you rather watch her doing relatively easy content. Or would you watch someone who is a rank 14 going around crushing people 1 vs 2 or 1vs3?

I guess. I mean, does anyone generally like seeing casual, bad players doing low tier content in general? Even if its retail?

Towlie is pretty popular
10/01/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Elack
retail has a massive loyal playerbase

Bought in and sold out don't make you loyal.
Of course the attention starving youtuber that hosted Blizzard's Q&A 4years ago is against Classic.

Best way to secure favor with Blizzard is to preach about how amazing modern WoW is
10/01/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Taurcam
Im going to play classic wow because I want to play classic wow. Idgaf about streamers or their income. Sorry....I really dont.

Amen to that.
10/01/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Seijuron
To be honest, the real !@#$show is yet to come so brace yourself.

Once Classic will come live; it will know for sure a massive success for a short while. Then, the %^-*show will start.
Threads talking about LFR, LFG, Class Balance (and god knows how many hundreds of Paladin threads we will get) and all feature in current wow will be mentionned.

Once the "tourists" are gone and the population drops fairly low (or at least, it will be a fraction of the launch population), now people will be like "Ah, told you Classic would fail" etc.
Best thing they could do, is close the forums after the launch.
-There's far less new players joining the game. Almost everyone who does something in life will get better at it as time goes on. Players are far better now because the population of Vanilla went from something like 400k to 7 million; there were always new players who didn't know how to play or it was their first MMORPG and now today, this isn't most people's first rodeo.

Its a combination of several things but the big one people forget is how watered down the game is.
10/01/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Daesûl
10/01/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Seijuron
To be honest, the real !@#$show is yet to come so brace yourself.

Once Classic will come live; it will know for sure a massive success for a short while. Then, the %^-*show will start.
Threads talking about LFR, LFG, Class Balance (and god knows how many hundreds of Paladin threads we will get) and all feature in current wow will be mentionned.

Once the "tourists" are gone and the population drops fairly low (or at least, it will be a fraction of the launch population), now people will be like "Ah, told you Classic would fail" etc.
Best thing they could do, is close the forums after the launch.

I wish ... But no, this is inevitable.
The QQ Threads about "QoL" and "Class Balance" will be laughable however because it will be written by level 12 rogues who did not understand how to learn the dual wielding...
10/01/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Galdor

Almost as petty as screaming and kicking and not allowing the forum rules to apply to oneself, bypassing them with the creation of a dozen accounts.

:)

I never claimed it wasn't wrong or petty, nor do I pretend to be a person who should be put on the moral pedestal. On the contrary, I have pointed out many times I am just as multi faceted as any other individual that exists. However, she has gone out of her way to paint with a broad brush an entire group of people as toxic and petty, while she exhibits that same behavior. That kind of hypocrisy is worth pointing out.

But I do love how much it bothers you I can't be silenced. in fact, I revel in it.

Stay ez. :)
10/01/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Galdor
10/01/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Härländ
Its a massive lie that players have gotten better in WoW, the truth is there are just as many suck players as ever, and just as many great players as ever.

Wrong.

There's far less new players joining the game. Almost everyone who does something in life will get better at it as time goes on. Players are far better now because the population of Vanilla went from something like 400k to 7 million; there were always new players who didn't know how to play or it was their first MMORPG and now today, this isn't most people's first rodeo.

Wrong.

People are coming and going at relatively constant rates as people move on and others come in. The rates of people being bad at the game have not changed, nor will they ever change. You are simply incorrect.

Stay ez.
I'm right, I actually play the game so I can tell the relative skill level of the playerbase has gone up since 2005.

Sorry that me being right about every topic I post on makes you so angry.
dont really care about her views on classic tbh it's not going to stop me from playing...

but I may actually holla at her if I ever see her on the streets at some event or something...

change her life messing with a g like me..

lol subscribes would go through the roof I'd have her doing some freaky shiet..

I would get her off that computer though it's affecting her negatively looks wise.

lets go, beach time. sorry no stream today!
Streaming is not a job. I wish Streamers didn't exist. Streamers are free loaders with cults of personality that every game is infinitely better without.
10/01/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Studmuffyn

She does not like the small subset that attacked her, not all of Classic fans. And ftr i also think a cape and a banner is pretty weak, but i think it's cool we get to play the floor demo, if it hoes well we could be able play other demos in the future.

She doesn't do a very good job at pointing out it's just a small subset that attacked her...she makes it sound as if the classic players in general are toxic to her and its just a small subset that are not. Meanwhile, she is guilty of being just as toxic by painting with a broad brush and even advocating for classic to not be released since that's "rewarding bad behavior ".

She points out a couple of times that she knows it is not all nd it is in fact a minority, she also pointed out it was only a few who did the really nasty stuff. So she reacts much the same way a lot of classic fans do when they feel threatened.
It's really sad that some people are so wrapped up in YouTube that a video game could make or break their lives.
10/01/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Ninja
dont really care about her views on classic tbh it's not going to stop me from playing...

but I may actually holla at her if I ever see her on the streets at some event or something...

change her life messing with a g like me..

lol subscribes would go through the roof I'd have her doing some freaky shiet..

I would get her off that computer though it's affecting her negatively looks wise.

lets go, beach time. sorry no stream today!

What exactly are you saying youll do to her?