Classic WoW

Classic Discussion
What will be your focus? PvE / PvP?
What class will you play?
Did you play Vanilla WoW when it was current?

PvE / PvP 50/50 for me
UD Mage
Yes - but I wasn't able to dedicate the time to actually excel at anything. I spent a ton of time ganking people as they left Splintertree Post as a level 27 rogue.
PVE & Ganking but only when i have the numbers, Like if some horde cretin is stupid enough to wander into Elywen Forest i will gladly join the mob in beating him down
NOTA

Played in actual classic... no thanks. They would have to pay me to go back to that.
PvE ONLY
Not sure yet. Depends if I am solo or Duo.
Yes
Prob pvp i missed the whole rank system and want to advance through it.
Questing mostly. I'm curious to see the story from the beginning.

Not sure about class. Maybe druid or mage or shaman.
PvE focus, but I expect there will be some PvP from contesting farming spots, challenging world bosses and running to raids.

Will be playing paladin for sure, as I enjoyed switching between all three roles on the fly like they did in Vanilla (five paladin groups in undead dungeons are fun too). And Blessing of Sanctuary.

Originally I started playing WoW a few weeks before launch, for the stress test beta.
I'll just be taking a peak over the fence. Just to reminisce. Probably not going to sink a lot of time into it.
I'll probably just check it out for a day or two to get that nostalgia feeling.

I don't really see the point in investing time into what is essentially an already dead mmo.

Meaning an MMO that will never have new content, features, or systems added.

Not to mention the content it does have is content I've already experienced years ago so there's not really anything new being offered for me.
Gonna be in that pvp boiiis
PvE Only
Basically leveling only.

I may do some early endgame one one character just because but I have no plans for getting into raiding [including the larger group dungeons].

The appeal of any Classic -> WotLK Legacy Server for me is the leveling. You get to experience a lot of the things WoW has removed. The old talent system. Leveling hunter pets. Weapon Skills. Group quests and general questing difficulty [since power creep wasn't an issue yet]. Class Trainers being relevant / Ability ranks. Early class quests (notably for Warlocks, Shamans, and Druids, but for others as well).

I also miss spell reagents, hunter ammo / pet happiness, the lack of dual/all spec, the lack of LFD/LFR, and the extra weight given to mounts by the cost of the 100% speed version and the leveling requirement for 60%. I'll experience these aspects even at cap but -also- during leveling so I think I'll get my fill during that process.

To be clear I think pretty much all of the changes to these concepts have improved the game, at least in the sense that it's easier to jump into and just play. It's less tedious. I think long term I prefer that, but I just miss the early game feeling relevant and I think a lot of these things make that happen.
Oh, I'm definitely going back purely to RP. Make thinly veiled references to later expansions, followed by "like that'll ever happen!"
Neither. I never played Vanilla, but I leveled through it when I started in BC. I have no need nor desire to play it again unless they make it so that anything I collect in Classic ends up in my Live Collection Tabs. That could tempt me to dabble.
10/01/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Camasotz
Oh, I'm definitely going back purely to RP. Make thinly veiled references to later expansions, followed by "like that'll ever happen!"

I like the way you think.

As for the OP: I already answered that question in the Classic forum.
PvE
I will be entertained entirely putting my 1 point into 1% increased damage/crit chance with X weapon
I really want to go back and do it all over again, but I already had the full experience from 2004-2007, all of it. I experienced everything during Classic and it was amazing, but it was a LOT of hard work and it took up a lot of time. I was in a hardcore raiding guild that raided everything from Molten Core through to Naxxramas, six nights a week and 8 hours a day.

Not sure what my plans are, but I'm hoping to at least spend some time in it.

For those that never played Classic and only arrived in Wrath or Cataclysm and beyond, make Classic your priority--it is worth every minute and you are going to love it.
10/01/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Remedy
What will be your focus? PvE / PvP?
What class will you play?
Did you play Vanilla WoW when it was current?

PvE / PvP 50/50 for me
UD Mage
Yes - but I wasn't able to dedicate the time to actually excel at anything. I spent a ton of time ganking people as they left Splintertree Post as a level 27 rogue.

PvE 100%. I suck at PvP.
Same as now, Warrior.
No, I only started playing World of Warcraft back in late August so like this modern version, the classic one will be all new to me.
If I wanted to go back to playing vanilla there are countless private servers out there I could be doing it on. I'm sure classic will be huge for a couple months, then people will realize that the end game content drought is permanent. Classic will never update. There will never be a next expansion. No patches, no fixes for broken specs, nothing. Then I don't expect it to be so huge anymore.
10/01/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Huggablysoft
I'm sure classic will be huge for a couple months, then people will realize that the end game content drought is permanent. Classic will never update. There will never be a next expansion. No patches, no fixes for broken specs, nothing. Then I don't expect it to be so huge anymore.

My draw for Classic is that it'll be an official product that won't get shut down in a year by Blizzard.

I'm hoping even if the #s don't turn out great they keep it running, because if not I might as well have been playing on a private server anyway.
10/01/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Iskandi
Prob pvp i missed the whole rank system and want to advance through it.

I hope you have a lot of free time.

Sincerely,
R14 vanilla player