"There aren't enough High Elves to be Playable"

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
*Makes Void Elves playable despite only like 6 being made, and despite implications more are being made by Alleria/Locus-Walker, no confirmation has actually been given*

*Makes Mag'har playable despite the fact only a couple dozen actually made it back to Azeroth with the Horde*

I don't even want High Elves. Like, I REALLY don't. They'd be a waste of an allied race slot to me. But this statement REALLY bothers me. Can we actually get an excuse that makes sense?

Cause there sure as hell are a LOT more High Elves on the Alliance than Void Elves or Mag'har Orcs, yet both of them are playable.
inb4 mass reporting.
It isn't logical at all.
This argument is done and gone. The opposition doesn't use it any more because it has been debunked to death.
This is true

but there's enough of these threads to be spam!
10/02/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Maizou

I don't even want High Elves. Like, I REALLY don't. They'd be a waste of an allied race slot to me. But this statement REALLY bothers me. Can we actually get an excuse that makes sense?

Their excuse is that they don't want to add them. They don't owe anyone anything beyond that, and if you don't care either way then there's no reason to complain about it, yet again, on GD.
basically the reason for no high elves is that they're visually too similar to blood elves.

weather that's true or not is irrelevant, the devs think it's true and that's all that matters.

but who knows, the devs pretty constantly change their mind about things the players ask for.
I really, really would like to know when and where Blizzard said High Elves would be a playable race. I can't recall this happening. Why is this even a discussion? Could you imagine the state of the forums if we had High Elves instead of Void Elves? Horde favoritism threads would be at an all time high.
The only 'story/lore' thing that Blizzard sticks with and refuses to let go are 'elf only' Demon Hunters.

They threw away the lore when they put the Forsaken in the Horde.
10/02/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Rorrand

They don't owe anyone anything beyond that, and if you don't care either way then there's no reason to complain about it, yet again, on GD.

They don't owe the people who subscribe to them to give them what they want?
I thought businesses satisfy their customers needs and wants to keep them happy?

Unless you're blizzard and you're big enough to not care.

Their excuse is that they don't want to add them.

That's not very cash money of them.
*Makes Mag'har playable despite the fact only a couple dozen actually made it back to Azeroth with the Horde*

They hint pretty heavily that other Blood Elves, as well as High Elves have and are joining up with the Void Elves. Honestly I want it verified one way or the other because if its true it negates the entire argument.
I don't want another playable Elf race, but I still do find that to be agreeable. There were probably no more than 100 Blood Elves in the realm where the player character disrupted that ritual and turned them into Void Elves. How are there so many of them?
Technically based on the quest to get lf draenei, there shouldn't be many of those due to the difficulty of becoming one.
Can we actually get an excuse that makes sense?

Probably not. Move on.
In TBC the Horde finally got some balanced population thanks to the addition of a pretty race. I don’t think they will give that same pretty race back to the Alliance even if the number reasoning was complete marketing talk.
This isn't the problem, the problem is there is no physical distinguishing quality from Blood Elves other than something as incredibly minor as eye colour.
10/02/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Sunfaller

They don't owe anyone anything beyond that, and if you don't care either way then there's no reason to complain about it, yet again, on GD.

They don't owe the people who subscribe to them to give them what they want?
I thought businesses satisfy their customers needs and wants to keep them happy?

Unless you're blizzard and you're big enough to not care.

They do. In an MMO where factions aren't a thing, there'd be nothing wrong with appeasing the customer demand. But we do have factions, we have faction balance to consider, and adding high elves would upset Horde-loyalist blood elf players.

No, void elves do not. Please don't use that as a counter-argument.

I could go into more detail on why this is the case, but unfortunately it is the current stance of Blizzard that every High Elf thread must be deleted. Whether it's just fatigue on the part of the mods or the incapability of the community to have this discussion in a mature manner; the reality of the situation is that this discussion is simply no longer welcome here. I've presented many of my arguments in threads that were ultimately 404'd anyway.

Ultimately, we're really just running around in circles here and getting absolutely nowhere. We need to move on from this discussion.
here we go again ResidentSleeper