Dear DPS

General Discussion
10/04/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Cienri
I would greatly appreciate it if you would

1) Turn off pet taunts
2) If your class has any taunts, don't use it on the boss...
3) Don't pull everything in a 5 mile radius
4) Stop blaming me because you ignored boss mechanics

Thank you, with love from a blood dk tank <3

Pet taunt is turned off by default when entering a dungeon. I have noticed though that for some reason, pets are massive aggro hogs without them. Demonic Strength for example will rip 100% aggro in just a few seconds.

1) Turn off pet taunts

Sweet, now if you could just learn to turn the boss around that'd be great. Thanks.
If you queue and enter a dungeon, the pet taunt is auto shut-off. If you dismiss and resummon that pet or a different one, pet taunt comes back on as default. (Im not talking about rezzing the pet if it dies, only if you dismiss/resummon.)
Might I suggest get agro mod form twitch. I had a bad time with dh. some dp guy told me of one to try. did like it. but found one that I did. now agro is less a headache.
How many people need to say that pet taunts are automatically turned off when you enter a dungeon? Can we get to thread cap without anyone saying anything of value?

1) Turn off pet taunts

1 & 2. - Pet taunts are disabled when entering a dungeon or raid. Pets do sustain their DPS, so they can peel off a tank.

The hunter could also cast misdirect on their pet, instead of you. This is a player error.

3. - This is a "per a group" problem. If someone is being a jerk, you should speak up. If they don't stop, you kick them or leave the group. Simple.

4. - While it's good to have first-hand knowledge of a fight, it's the tank's job to make sure the group isn't going stupid. Call them out on their !@#$, and educate them on what they're doing wrong.

1) Turn off pet taunts

Dear tank, pull faster.
I have the Addon bad pet which auto whispers when pets taunt.
Pets do taunt in this expansion, it's a valid complaining, it's very common be it on dungeons or in raids.

1) Turn off pet taunts

Not reading the other replies... assuming its a bunch of turds talking about pet taunts being off by default in dungeons, or that they are just trying to help, or that they can do what they want... blah blah blah...

This is why I always vote kick any hunter. It doesn't always work, but most of the time if you write a good enough reason, the rest of the lemmings will kick the hunter.

Hunter free is the way to dungeon.
I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere on these forums pet taunt is turned off in dungeons now? If anyone has a link to one of these comments, please post in this thread so we call can see it.

Thanks
10/04/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Merquee
As said, growl is auto off now. I only turn pet taunt back on when I notice the healer/squishy tanking something. I do remember to turn it back off after, though.

Was the hunter using MD? Maybe he forgot to change a macro and was using misdirect on his pet instead of you.

I've noticed if I had to resummon my pet within the dungeon (due to standing in 'fire') the growl is automatically on and I have to turn it off.
His misdirect focus was his pet and not the tank is my guess.
pets autodisable taunts now in instances.

EDIT- side note, why on earth do tanks care if a pet taunts unless its causing mechanical issues? It never bothered me, pet wants to tank, ok sure w/e, why is that an issue unless its causing problems. totally ego based.

Its actually incredibly annoying. You can't move/group up the mobs, can't move to the next pack, adds end up facing the wrong way, etc., etc. But yeah... that's totally ego

Wish they'd just make *elite* world bosses "skull" level so pets couldn't taunt. Really annoying having the bosses turning the wrong way and running all over the place every time a hunter joins the group. I remember once instance (hopefully fixed) where the boss was in water and kept evading because pets were pulling to weird places. Lots asked over and over and over for them to turn off growl. Of course it never happened.

But yeah, that's ego too I guess right?

10/05/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Cowterstrike

The hunter could also cast misdirect on their pet, instead of you. This is a player error.

[/quote]
In a dungeon this is what I assume is happening. Someone using a macro constantly.

1) Turn off pet taunts

Its also a possibility that you're not pulling enough threat as a tank.
10/04/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Cienri
10/04/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Hindering

If a pet is taunting, the guy turned it back on. When you que or join a instance (i think it doesnt do it for IE) it automatically turns taunt off.

I did not notice. I just qued with a hunter who's pet was taunting. Why would he turn it on i wonder?

to stay alive , tanks are bad ok :)

honestly if tank dies I turn taunt on right away , I OFTEN forget to turn it back off , not on purpose but just dont remember to do it ( on any of my 13 hunters)
10/05/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Mvura

1) Turn off pet taunts

Its also a possibility that you're not pulling enough threat as a tank.

also this , especially on AOE pulls my pet will pull off of tank ( have even pulled off our raid tank on my main Hunter)
i love it when everyone in the group jumps off a ledge to save some time, except the pet that went running down the hall ...
had a tank in LFR go nutz because the 2 warlock pets were taunting.
now i see his issue as that can be detrimental however both myself and the other lock had imps out and there were no hunters,

yet this tank proceeded to rage and cry even when almost the entire raid pointed out that the pet have NO taunt.
10/05/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Gilannah

I've noticed if I had to resummon my pet within the dungeon (due to standing in 'fire') the growl is automatically on and I have to turn it off.

10/05/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Talonclaw
If you queue and enter a dungeon, the pet taunt is auto shut-off. If you dismiss and resummon that pet or a different one, pet taunt comes back on as default. (Im not talking about rezzing the pet if it dies, only if you dismiss/resummon.)

As a new hunter owner, good to know! Thanks.
Pets taunts are turned off when they enter.